Sunday's crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
The Hill was comfortable. These days there are barriers in two places on the Hill for safety reasons which takes the space that 500-600 people would once occupy.
I reckon there were only about 150 Doesn'tmatta supporters so this was our 'base' 14,000 crowd. Seems like few opposition supporters bother to travel to Brookie. I think we need to play the Dogs at Brookie before we nudge the 18,000-20,000 crowd mark.
At $32 for a walk-up ticket to the Hill it's not surprising crowds are a little low.

Telstra customers can get $20 tickets. Don't know if that's every week though.

Have to admit I think that $32 is a bit steep for GA and going to keep some people away.

So, what crowd are we predicting for this Sunday's Sharkies at Brooky match ?

The weather forecast is showers. So, I'm saying 12,014. Its our 'restore pride' match.
Last year's equivalent match was attended by 17,504 ! but i dont think we'll get any where near that this time.

We all know there are alot of fickle Manly fans, we lost last week so that'll knock a few thousand off the total.

My Brother is in town, so I'll drag him along to help with 1 extra.

I'm overseas so I'll miss this one :( So minus 1 from you crowd predictions this weekend ;)

I predict the crowd will be 13,185. After their big win last week there should be a few Sharkies fans make the drive up.

As long as the fool with the bugle stays away, all will be good.

Looking forward to it as I missed the Eels game when the car failed to proceed.

Well if it's raining and our players keep bitching in the media about Gift while the club procrastinates I wouldnt pay 5c to watch the garbage that they will dish up once again.

Cherry calls for Sunday support

Thu 10th April, 01:20PM

Daly Cherry-Evans is urging Sea Eagles fans to get out to Brookvale Oval on Sunday afternoon for their clash against the Sharks.

While encouraging everyone to come along to the game, he also delves in to some of his favourite memories of our recent match-ups, as well as looking back at how some of the old match ups from the 1970's have helped shape the healthy beach-based rivalry both clubs have today.

Click here to watch the interview at seaeagles.com.au

9k - its been raining all week and school holidays just started, so people are starting to leave for the Easter Holidays.

HappilyManly said:
9k - its been raining all week and school holidays just started, so people are starting to leave for the Easter Holidays.
Some people are coming to Brookvale Oval for their school holidays. It's the perfect holiday destination. :)

Cannot wait for this

1st live game this year since last years GF I will be able to make

Finally I get back to brookie this week - so excited!!!

Crowd probably around 11875

Nothing beats Brookie on a Sunday afternoon!!

Hmm, I was hoping for less rain, the school holiday effect increasing the Brookie crowd a bit, and a Sunday arvo attracting more people in general, to make it around 15k.

I guess the school hols can have the reverse effect, and the weather certainly isn't helping, hopefully we make 12k!

Go Manly!

Last week and in shocking conditions at Leichhardt Oval, a crowd of 16,311 braved the rain to see the Wests Tigers defeat Manly.

Last night at Campbelltown Sports Stadium, a "huge" crowd of 6,456 turned up to watch the Tigers beat the Cowboys.

What happened to the other 9,855 people that turned up at Leichhardt Oval last week?

Why did they not make the trip out to Campbelltown Sports Stadium too to support their team following their great win against Manly the previous week?

Maybe the Tigers only have 6,456 fans and the other 9,855 people who were at Leichhardt Oval the week before were actually Manly fans who proved that they are willing to cross the Spit Bridge to get to an away game. It's either that or both Tigers and Cowboys fans don't like to travel out of their comfort zones of ANZ and 1300 Smiles Stadiums.

Could you imagine the uproar in the media if it had been Manly who only managed to get 6,456 fans to a home game? We would be hearing about it for weeks. We copped it for weeks/months/years when we only managed to get 13,972 to a semi-final game against the Cowboys at the Sydney Football Stadium in 2011 and again 12 months down the track when we only managed to get a "disappointing" crowd of 16,678 to a semi-final game again against the Cowboys at Allianz Stadium in 2012.

Jethro said:
Last week and in shocking conditions at Leichhardt Oval, a crowd of 16,311 braved the rain to see the Wests Tigers defeat Manly.

Last night at Campbelltown Sports Stadium, a "huge" crowd of 6,456 turned up to watch the Tigers beat the Cowboys.

What happened to the other 9,855 people that turned up at Leichhardt Oval last week?

Why did they not make the trip out to Campbelltown Sports Stadium too to support their team following their great win against Manly the previous week?

Maybe the Tigers only have 6,456 fans and the other 9,855 people who were at Leichhardt Oval the week before were actually Manly fans who proved that they are willing to cross the Spit Bridge to get to an away game. It's either that or both Tigers and Cowboys fans don't like to travel out of their comfort zones of ANZ and 1300 Smiles Stadiums.

Could you imagine the uproar in the media if it had been Manly who only managed to get 6,456 fans to a home game? We would be hearing about it for weeks. We copped it for weeks/months/years when we only managed to get 13,972 to a semi-final game against the Cowboys at the Sydney Football Stadium in 2012 and again 12 months down the track when we only managed to get a "disappointing" crowd of 16,678 to a semi-final game again against the Cowboys at Allianz Stadium in 2012.
Too True Jethro as far as i am concerned they can all go and get F****** :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4