Sunshine Coast GF on fox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Speaking of Rambo1987, I saw Ronnie Gibbs today at the Dubbo Primary Schools Touch Carnival.  Some talent in the Koori ranks out here if they can be kept off the grog once they hit 13.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181761.msg242437#msg242437 date=1253177299]
Did you see the match Kiwi?  What are your views on my man H?  He's good and imo, doesn't need to learn Orford's bad play by being 'mentored'. 

Na didn't see it, we don't get those games over here, would love to see it though. We get classic matches on a Thursday night, which is currently the 1987 GF, Cliffy at his finest

I am always wary of lower grade superstars though. Sam Murphy was the one for me, heard about him on the forums for years, and when he cracked it to the top level he was awful

I am hoping to see him get a shot though.
[/quote]

In Murphy's defence he copped a pretty bad leg break scoring a try on debut.

Was too small to make it though.

Fro link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=181761.msg242485#msg242485 date=1253227201]
Fair point - Jye did kill a few careers

And Spectators
[/quote]

Hmmm - never considered it dangerous to sit in the Jane Try stand but when Jye was kicking on the 5th.........

Brookvale Maccas have saved a fortune in recent years now they don;t have to replace their signage every fortnight.

On Hodkinson, his kicking must have looked better on TV than it did at the ground.

The kicking from both sides didnt look at NRL standard.

That said, I think there is more sense in bringing up Hodkinson than signing Orford for 3 years

Dan link said:
The kicking from both sides didnt look at NRL standard.
  What is NRL standard?  Orford's <50% rate of repeat sets from on the line grubbers and 30m dribblers from goal line drop outs forced by the opposition?

Yes.  Just what are the benchmarks for NRL standard?  And does one fall back under the standard once there?  Orford may have once been there at that standard,  but not this season.  Plain for all to see. 

It would be brave handing the most important position in the side to someone with bugger all NRL experience with no back up. 

Apparently Hodgkinson wants a release to go back to the Eels.
Probably not happy that we are looking to keep a washed up 30 year old hack instead of looking toward the future.

That would be right we will be stuck with no half back - maybe we can get Robson back - he is having a pretty good game tonight

Hey I am just playing devils advocate.

When I say it wasnt up to NRL standard, the kicks didnt have the same venom and direction and purpose as NRL kicks. It may have had to do with the odd breeze, but I wasnt the only one to say it at the ground.

The TV has a habit of making things look different.

With that said, I vote Orford one more year as Backup whilst we bring Hodko up as our main half next year.

Pepi link said:
Apparently Hodgkinson wants a release to go back to the Eels.
Probably not happy that we are looking to keep a washed up 30 year old hack instead of looking toward the future.

We will release him as long as he takes Tony Williams back to Parra as well.

Closed the business early today and trotted home to watch the SCSE GF today for the 1st time.

Saw enough for me to lean towards a prosecution of Hodko taking over. I cant help but feel we have to let go of the last build cycle and commence a fresh campaign with some new blood.

The proposition of Hodko/Foran combination is very tempting.

We will not make the 8 without Orford. New Halves combo will take us backwards. Orfords has something to give as we were carrying targets for winning the comp last year.
Have a look at the teams outside the 8 and how most will improve next year with some good buying.
We need to promote a new 1/2 & 5/8 next year but not just throw them in the deep end because this time next year we will be calling for heads like we are Orford.
Ox has had a poor year but stick with him for at least 1 year more and we can look for a replacement then.

Des has to take some of the blame for this he just needed to hook Ox off a few time to wake him up - he new he couldnt lose Ox this year (or next). Blood new players this year when we can but not at the cost of a game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2