Sunshine Coast GF on fox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan, you are right about Hodkinson's kicks. They often looked like Ox's efforts, picking out the fullback etc. The rest of his play was good and promising.

agree MB. He looked good, but he didnt draw your eye, which leads me to think he is one of those elusive halves who just do their job without being too flashy. A Cooper Cronk without the experience if you will!

That said, Willaims certainly wasnt doing any ball playing so Hodko had to be doing some. He looks the goods so I say we give him a try and see

I think Hodkinson should play in the 14 jersey next year - he can be our back up hooker and slot into the halves when needed. 

Orford for one more year with an option for a second in the club's favour. 

I don't understand this "one more year while we bring someone else along" theory. Shouldn't we be bringing someone else along right now ? They are either ready or they're not. We are hardly going to keep Orford and then have him play Qld Cup while we try Hodgkinson, Foran, Cherry-Evans or whoever, are we ? If Orford resigns he will play every game next year, you can guarantee that. So where does that leave the up and comers ? another year languishing in the lower grades and becomeing more disillusioned. You don't pay big money for someone like Orford and use him as your back up half. We either bite the bullet and give a young guy a go, or we put up with another year of Orford's deteriorating skills. Look at Parras turn around after they showed Finch the door and gave Mortimer a crack. They are one win away from a GF with our reject reserve halfback from last year. We know Foran can hack the pace and defensive effort required for the NRL, my vote is we try him in the 7 next year with Lyon at 5/8. Thank Matty for his efforts and use the money to shore up our future stars. Won't happen though, I get the impression that the Orford deal is a done thing and he will be back next year. Let's just hope that the rest of the side lift their collective efforts and take some pressure off him, that way we may be a chance again.

Chip & Chase link said:
I don't understand this \"one more year while we bring someone else along\" theory. Shouldn't we be bringing someone else along right now ? They are either ready or they're not. We are hardly going to keep Orford and then have him play Qld Cup while we try Hodgkinson, Foran, Cherry-Evans or whoever, are we ? If Orford resigns he will play every game next year, you can guarantee that. So where does that leave the up and comers ? another year languishing in the lower grades and becomeing more disillusioned. You don't pay big money for someone like Orford and use him as your back up half. We either bite the bullet and give a young guy a go, or we put up with another year of Orford's deteriorating skills. Look at Parras turn around after they showed Finch the door and gave Mortimer a crack. They are one win away from a GF with our reject reserve halfback from last year. We know Foran can hack the pace and defensive effort required for the NRL, my vote is we try him in the 7 next year with Lyon at 5/8. Thank Matty for his efforts and use the money to shore up our future stars. Won't happen though, I get the impression that the Orford deal is a done thing and he will be back next year. Let's just hope that the rest of the side lift their collective efforts and take some pressure off him, that way we may be a chance again.

Why - because the majority will sit on this site bagging Hodgkinson/Foran the reason why we didnt make the 8 and blasting our players, We dont want to put our season in the hands of rookies. We cant afford it as we are still very strong for 1  or 2 more years before we start losing players more players as the youngs guys start coming through.

My concern is the backline for next year we will depend on Neuman and Farrar for backup next year. I heard we were going for Delany and missed out then I heard that Phil Graham was looking for a club and the Roosters signed him. We need an expirienced back for next year - that is what we missed this year.

Nuemann will be 4th in line after farrah, that saints bloke and suniula.

Orford will struggle to take us into the 8 next year if his last month or 2 are anything to go by

we need centres who can attack, rule out lyon, matai and farrar.

Farrar is solid but when up against Inglis made to look 2nd grade, 2nd graders don't win premierships

Darren link said:

Farrar is solid but when up against Inglis made to look 2nd grade, 2nd graders don't win premierships
Wolfman looked second rate against Inglis but he's won a premiership.

Xcuses won't win us a thing. Mediocrity will not be tolerated

Darren link said:

Lyon can not attack?  wtf are you on about.

Darren link said:

There is more than attack in the centres than solely speed Darren

For example, Lyon has his footwork that puts him on the outside of his man as well as passing and offloading ability, Matai has the power to break a tackle, a big left foot step and an offloading ability as well

If they make a clean break, our wingers are quick enough to finish it if they are in the right position

08 Prelim Final v Warriors Matai carved them up all night, setting up Robbos long range try then making a big bust that Stewart then finished off

All this orford bashing is crap.

If we had a fit brett Stewart through out the year. Orfords combination with him would have stood out and we would be still be in the hunt in the finals.

The only negetive i have against the Ox is that he should take a pay cut and the money under salary cap should be used to retain the majority of the premiership players.

Good comments on Hodgo, he would be the ideal replacement for Le Snaks no 14 jersey.

Maybe the new thing for next year will be swapping halfbacks midgame instead of hookers!

Going by people saying the Dragons kid is awesome, i'd like to see him get some game time - he may be the replacement for Matai cos who knows what he's doing to his neck every game, can't be good.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8