Supporter groups names?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Supporter groups names?!

The slack jawed yokel's also has a ring to it, and kind of appropriate really.

had to remove the "!" from the title, it was annoying me

Re: Supporter groups names?!

Shane link said:
[quote author=Jono link=topic=185960.msg306593#msg306593 date=1290060498]
I like Silvertails, but I prefer something more like \"The Eagles Nest\" or something like that.

The ideas you have about pre game and post game BBQ's etc is a valid idea and worth thinking about in the future but we obviously need to take baby steps...it also doesn't help that we are basically split 5 ways home games (Vidmars group, Jonesy's Group, the Push It Up Manly group, the Jane Try members and everyone in between). We need to come together at home before anything like that will work. The reason is that we come together, we're more organised, then anyone at Brookie games that joins us can come to the BBQ, hear Vidmar whinge about why they aren't a member of the football club...then coerce them into signing up the next season.

Everything will roll on after this inital move. However, the initial move is a tough ask.

A merger you say? sounds brilliant as im not in any group,just a lone guy watching my team win,lose or draw
[/quote]

A  merger would definitely have more of an impact.. I didn't realise that there were so many separate groups!
Could this be organised? ...Or For at least everyone on the hill to merge?

YAAAY.. That's awesome Dan! :)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290127200[/time]

Dan link said:
had to remove the \"!\" from the title, it was annoying me

HAHA.. Sorry, Bad habit.

There aren't really.

The Eagle Rockers were formed during the NE days, but are a fairly closed brotherhood, though no-one can question their loyalty.

The MWTS are the traveling guys but are all members of here, for the most part, as are some rockers.

Really these days, Silvertails.net is the glue that holds them all together.

Dan

at least you finally admit it :)

and theres plenty of money in conflict, just not in flame wars.

As much as i love the MWTS, the issue is at brookvale i have been sitting in the same seats since I can remember and changing that will never be on the cards (if i can help it).

6 games is enougth of Jonnos drumming for me anyway lol :p.... Atleast @ brookie i can't hear it.

So it's a good idea in theory but i will find everyone has their spot and brookvale and rgihtfuly so everyone will claim it is the best spot.

As for names I like the Eagles Nest as it makes more sense to me.

I have had many conversations with a few on this very forum about the lack of noise that seems to come from Brookie as opposed to the MWTS's  in the past couple of seasons.

I know that most of you will say that's because we all go in different directions as previously discussed maybe just maybe this will start to change.
As Jonno has said baby step's and this is the first (the discussion of said group being formed and names and idea's being floated).
I know a few on here are F.C fan's (and may or may not be in the Cove), how exactly did the Cove start I'm sure they didn't go "hey we all sit in the same area we should start a supporter's group"

Simple really.

Vids group gets everyone involved between him and the Push it up crew.

They in turn get everyone involved up towards Jonseys mob.

Jonseys mob then get everyone around the family hill involved and so on until the group gets back to Vid.

Then it doesn't matter where you sit, everyone's involved

Ant80 link said:
I know that most of you will say that's because we all go in different directions as previously discussed maybe just maybe this will start to change.
As Jonno has said baby step's and this is the first (the discussion of said group being formed and names and idea's being floated).
I know a few on here are F.C fan's (and may or may not be in the Cove), how exactly did the Cove start I'm sure they didn't go \"hey we all sit in the same area we should start a supporter's group\"

A few very dedicated people who stuck their hands up to get everyone together, singing the same tunes. The club itself has always backed The Cove as well & corresponds with the head honchos of The Cove itself.

Football fans have a different attitude towards that level of support in general. At a Sydney game it's the norm to join in the songs, jump around & generally make an ass out of yourself & have some fun. It's the opposite at League games. The Hill is one of the hardest places to get a chant going, being the bunch of stiffs that most of the people there are.

WP, you should try it in the JT stand a few years ago and the only one to join in was.....a bloody Broncos supporter

Mybludog link said:
Simple really.

Vids group gets everyone involved between him and the Push it up crew.

They in turn get everyone involved up towards Jonseys mob.

Jonseys mob then get everyone around the family hill involved and so on until the group gets back to Vid.

Then it doesn't matter where you sit, everyone's involved
there's this bloke named Mark Tramby (from memory) apparently he's not bad at organising a soiree or three!
Could be the link man?

The away trips pretty much run themselves for the local trips with travel, pre-game meeting spots and where are on the ground all usually taken care of and we get a good turn out with all welcome and regulars keen to catch up and new people welcomed and introduced to others
Mark, As Wombat suggests, does a great job with the "big" trips that involve travel and accomodation and has been brilliant in helping us with logistics for faraway places.

Locally, it is a different matter...people have their own routines and even where they meet pre-game and who they go with.
Many go to the Leagues Cub, some drink at home, some go to the Brooky pub.

Even at the Leagues Club some prefer to sit outside, I go in the Bistro with the kids and meet my friends there, others go in the Lyons Den and others like to play the pokies so would be difficult to get people to change long term habots and rituals.

Like others I have "my spot" where we meet and watch the game, people sometimes come over for a chat at half time or before the game and I generally pop over to say G'day to the gang on the Northern side of the beer shed but prefer the other side (I like to mingle with the away fans)

The "push it up" crew are the ones who do most of the yahoo at the home games and that would be the obvious place for people to head for.

People from this forum like Jono. Wolfpack, Duff, Fluffy et al hang there as did Manly Backer when he was in this part of the world so a lot of game going history there and a good group of people

I'm sure Mark will be wrapped I'm dropping his name in for the job!! :D
....I might even give William and Kate a tingle and point them in his direction! ;)

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=185960.msg306257#msg306257 date=1289953275]
The eagles nest
  What's Hitler got to do with this?
[/quote]
In all fairness at one time he did have a quite a few supporters.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185960.msg306764#msg306764 date=1290166362]
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=185960.msg306257#msg306257 date=1289953275]
The eagles nest
  What's Hitler got to do with this?
[/quote]
In all fairness at one time he did have a quite a few supporters.
[/quote]

Why dont we call it the S.S.

Silvertail Supporters

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7