Supporters Behaviour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know this is slightly belated but I have to say the Dogs' fans last week were so nice to us, as in wishing us good luck before the game. It was after the game, though, when I was really surprised by 3 separate female Dogs supporters who said to me on the way out it was such a good game and commiserations/sorry that we lost.

Having experienced some unpleasant incidents in the past, I was quite taken aback, as they never use to be like that. This is in very stark contrast, not only to previous Dogs games, but also to the bogan Souths supporters the week before!

From my observations, times have changed - certainly with some Dogs fans anyway.

I had a similar experience with a random dogs fan who knew we got ripped off and said to me " unlucky and well played " it was strange did not know what to say.

But then leaving the stadium I saw the normal rabble from the dogs supporters and copped it as normal from them. Even young kids I saw cop it.

They are still scum and will always be and I wish they have zero success this year.

Never liked them and will never support them in any game they play.

Good to hear.

I encountered a few very zealous Bulldog supporters on the walk back to Central. I thought they must have just won the GF! :S

davohan123 said:
I had a similar experience with a random dogs fan who knew we got ripped off and said to me " unlucky and well played " it was strange did not know what to say.

But then leaving the stadium I saw the normal rabble from the dogs supporters and copped it as normal from them. Even young kids I saw cop it.

They are still scum and will always be and I wish they have zero success this year.

Never liked them and will never support them in any game they play.

as long as they are not abusive and/or violent, then I have no problem copping a little of stick off any opposition supporters; it's all part of theature of rugby league. When the tables turn, I have my little dig and its all in good fun!

I remember thinking how much I hate Michael Ennis when he was shown walking down the tunnel to lead the Dogs out onto the ground, and then it hit me how lucky we are to have a guy like Ennis in the game to hate in the first place! He brings something to the contest, that makes a victory more enjoyable, and a loss more heartbreaking. That's why we put ourselves through it all; passion and emotion!

I had the exact experience.

All were very vocal in support for their team throughout, as were we, and also very gracious post match.

Well played.

Leaving the carparks, they were all beeping their car horns like you wouldn't believe, if they had Kalashnikovs, they would have been firing them into the air, come to think of it, I think some do have Kalashnikovs.

My son went to the toilet and there were 3 dogs supporters there, and they had an old man - Manly supporter - cornered and were abusing him verbally about Manly. My son had to intervene, along with another Manly supporter that walked in at the same time. They were real brave when it was three against one!

shazza said:
My son went to the toilet and there were 3 dogs supporters there, and they had an old man - Manly supporter - cornered and were abusing him verbally about Manly. My son had to intervene, along with another Manly supporter that walked in at the same time. They were real brave when it was three against one!

Pathetic wimps. Unfortunately every team would have this d**khead element amongst their supporters. Whoever behaves like this should hang their heads in shame.
Most supporters from all teams are just regular people who like footy - except for maybe souths.:p

shazza said:

That's more like their form.

Indfedels, oh sorry that's us !!

My 7 year old asked me why the manly supporter behind us was yelling, swearing and saying mean things about the dogs supporters and where they could "go and get ...."

Embarrassing.

Agree with the OP. The vermin fans in week 1 were far more feral then the dogs ones last week. I don't know whether that was because we were shot ducks at 40-0 and they got cocky but I copped it both barrels from half a dozen of the toothless rabble. I hope they go another 42 years without a win.

bob dylan said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EKqQWPjyo

Love the song (enjoyed the movie it's from, Wonder Boys) too. It's just perfectly applicable on many levels right now!

I'm glad you had this experience Linda. Footy rivalry and tribalism should be passionate, even irrationally so (perhaps even "heightened" where necessary between men).

But women, kids, the elderly or handicapped (to name an obvious few) deserve this courtesy and respect to go to any game, and feel safe and comfortable.

And I'm not as sure if it's a good or bad thing , but a bloke like Mick Ennis is, and has been, a top-shelf laxative from day dot!

(Go the Bunnies; then bugga' off for another 40 years!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4