Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Gibbsy says the board is meeting now. Expects outspoken players to be "nipped in the bud"

Also said "no player is bigger than the club"

Good, keep your laundry in house.

Surprised that there is no confidentiality clause for Board Members or even Players as employees of the Club :cool:

DT should have all meeting transcripts by the morning edition :mad:

Fans just want to witness what happens on the field. The rest is too graphic for our tender souls to deal with :sleepy:

HappilyManly said:
Normal ops then. Zero and Gifty have coffee in Collaroy regularly. :cool:

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic - well paid men griping about their benefactors :dodgy:

#StrongerTogether, as in Manly Club, must not have registered with the culture club :mad:
like a fellow Manly supporter said to me,what was gifty,s hurry in signing with souffs,what was the hurry,maybe he jumped the gun,someone might have left or not been offered a contract or retired,which would have freed up some money,anyway,Im over it all

the mauler said:
bob dylan said:
No you guys are all wrong.

Matthew Johns knows the players very well and the big 3 are leaving. Warriors, Eels and Dogs according to Mr Fidelity.

If Matty Johns said that, I'm super confident we will keep all of them. His strikerate is abysmal. He said that Bennett was going to the Gold Coast the other day.... Lol

But he also said on his show last week, that Darius Boyd is doing an excellent impersonation of an arsehole. he got that right.

The past forty years of cheering Manly, has shown me that Players come and go, but the Manly Club is constant. Even as a partner in that monstrous entity with the Bears :cool:

Our culture is embraced and enhanced by every Player that is fortunate enough to represent Manly.
It will continue even after this 'crisis' :sleepy:

I can't fathom why the penn's let this guy peters destabilise their club and tarnish their product. I mean, you can imagine the effect on crowd, membership and overall interest in our club if three favourite sons left in these circumstances.

What benefit does he offer? He is an agenda driven old fool. He can still be pals with the players without being granted an official standing within the club. He should be cut loose immediately.

I despise him.

xavier said:
You only have to go onto the kennel to see how quickly those muppets want to kick the sh.t out of their players when they dont perform.

You're new here aren't you Xavier...come on the forum if we lose more than two in a row...it's a massacre! :s

mickqld said:
The more our odds shorten for the title, the greater the girly schrill squealing from Rothknob and his ilk will be.
If there was anything girly about it that would be a redeeming feature. Unfortunately they aren't girly they are just pathetic gossip-mongering jealousy-ridden males.

wombatgc said:
xavier said:
You only have to go onto the kennel to see how quickly those muppets want to kick the sh.t out of their players when they dont perform.

You're new here aren't you Xavier...come on the forum if we lose more than two in a row...it's a massacre! :s

6th April Threads would beat anything that the Kennel could offer - Leichhardt Massacre :p

mickqld said:
I take what Gibbsy says as pretty close to the mark. He's close to the club. The rest of these sensationalist wankers are just filling lines, to pump up their online hits, with any dribble they can think up.

I agree. I had lunch with Gibbsy after Hasler went to the Dogs and he was spot on with how Greenburg got Hasler and when and how it all happened. Gibbsy heaped praise on the senior players as they seemed to have taken control of the team in the second half of the 2011 season.

This is an official statement on the Manly website:

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles board has thrown its support behind the Head Coach and the Club’s position around recent player retention.

Sea Eagles Head Coach Geoff Toovey addressed the board at their monthly meeting this evening where his position on players honouring their NRL contracts with the Club was fully supported.

Negotiations are ongoing with a number of players that will hopefully see them remain at the Club, but these remain confidential until the Club is in a position to make an official announcement at the appropriate time.

Finally, the board would like to acknowledge their regret at not being able to retain Glenn Stewart but we look forward to seeing him back on the field and farewelling him in the best possible way at the end of the 2014 NRL season.

The negotiations paragraph is interesting. All else seems in line with what both Tooves and Perry are saying.
Go Manly!:)

Official statement from Manly board

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles board has thrown its support behind the Head Coach and the Club’s position around recent player retention.Sea Eagles Head Coach Geoff Toovey addressed the board at their monthly meeting this evening where his position on players honouring their NRL contracts with the Club was fully supported.
Negotiations are ongoing with a number of players that will hopefully see them remain at the Club, but these remain confidential until the Club is in a position to make an official announcement at the appropriate time.
Finally, the board would like to acknowledge their regret at not being able to retain Glenn Stewart but we look forward to seeing him back on the field and farewelling him in the best possible way at the end of the 2014 NRL season.

RE: Official statement from Manly board

Normie said:
The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles board has thrown its support behind the Head Coach and the Club’s position around recent player retention.Sea Eagles Head Coach Geoff Toovey addressed the board at their monthly meeting this evening where his position on players honouring their NRL contracts with the Club was fully supported.Negotiations are ongoing with a number of players that will hopefully see them remain at the Club, but these remain confidential until the Club is in a position to make an official announcement at the appropriate time.Finally, the board would like to acknowledge their regret at not being able to retain Glenn Stewart but we look forward to seeing him back on the field and farewelling him in the best possible way at the end of the 2014 NRL season.
PC bollocks

Gotta love 2v :heart:

Have watched him since he was 16, a born leader and as honest as the day is long.

This agitation by a few Players would have been hurtfull to him :(

Hopefully, at least internally, as we know the DT won't stop the hystetia, all focus is back on winning footy games :idea:

Berkeley_Eagle said:
so on Ch7 news Hasler is not chasing Brett
This the guy who was going to coach Manly in 2012? :mad:

His comment, when asked about the Manly Fall Out was classic. 'Well they are top of the table, so they should Fall IN' :p

Bulldog Ritchie has just posted: "Watch for Canterbury to make a player announcement in the next day or two..."
Really????? Just throw some more petrol on the fire!!!!!

Normie said:
Bulldog Ritchie has just posted: "Watch for Canterbury to make a player announcement in the next day or two..."
Really????? Just throw some more petrol on the fire!!!!!

Israel

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12