Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-sea-eagles-set-to-keep-grip-on-anthony-watmough-steve-matai-20140724-zwf1h.html

Now it looks like Matai and Watmough might stay

Brissie Kid said:
If Manly get beat by the Warriors the media will spin it as proof of Manly imploding.

I suspect we're all looking to this game to see the truth of how much this tsunami of speculation is affecting the team. A few ripples of rumours before the Dragons game had me watching player harmony fairly closely and they all seemed to get along brilliantly.

This week though, there have been statements by players confirming issues, so I really do think we will see on the field if it will impact the team. My guess is that is won't. They have a 'winning' team culture.

But I WILL be looking.

They are all professionals. They will be right. A few disgruntled players will eventually get over it. The season goes on and we are top of the table.

The only thing that disappoints me so far is the admission by Foran that there are issues but they haven't spoken to Management about it yet.

So you have issues with your employer, but rather than talking to them about it, you talk to the media about it. Love you Kieran, but mate sit down and have a think about what you are doing.

Mitch said:
Manly Sea Eagles set to keep grip on Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai

By MICHAEL CARAYANNIS, ADRIAN PROSZENKO
So today's story is a few of yesterday's stories combined and blended, with this journalistic brilliance requiring TWO authors (cut and pasters).
And M.Carayannis and Adrian Proszenko get paid for this?
Hahahahahahaha.
No wonder they keep writing absolute sh*t.:rolleyes:
By the way, Manly Forever!

Ranger said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ranger said:
Masked Eagle said:
Not sure if anyone has joined these dots together but I was thinking the players might believe the real reason Gifty wasn't offered a contract is because the club ie Perry are punishing him because he is close to Zorba? At the very least I believe Zorba probably believes that hence why he is trying to destabilize the club to.force Perry out! Thoughts?

Not sure if any of the other board members has the ear of the players, so I'd say that's in the ball park.
Ridiculous. Zorba dislikes Perry because he's the one that sacked him as Media Dinosaur Manager.
I was agreeing more with the last part of ME's statement in bold. But who knows what he's telling the players about board rumblings or the decision on Glenn Stewart?

I thought Peters was Perry's rep on the Board. Isnt he a friend of their family?

Bearfax said:
Ranger said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ranger said:
Masked Eagle said:
Not sure if anyone has joined these dots together but I was thinking the players might believe the real reason Gifty wasn't offered a contract is because the club ie Perry are punishing him because he is close to Zorba? At the very least I believe Zorba probably believes that hence why he is trying to destabilize the club to.force Perry out! Thoughts?

Not sure if any of the other board members has the ear of the players, so I'd say that's in the ball park.
Ridiculous. Zorba dislikes Perry because he's the one that sacked him as Media Dinosaur Manager.
I was agreeing more with the last part of ME's statement in bold. But who knows what he's telling the players about board rumblings or the decision on Glenn Stewart?

I thought Peters was Perry's rep on the Board. Isnt he a friend of their family?
It's the other way around, the Penns and Peter Peters would like to have Perry removed.
Just goes to show how Graeme Lowe smoothed the waters between the factions, as he was liked by both parties, but that's not to say that Perry is not performing, it's just politics, and sacking Zorba didn't help.

Killer on Fox News now saying all is sweet :D
A few little issues that have now all been sorted.

He is 50/50 about Skivi as he is a good Player and Mate, but the offer is so good that he sees why its a dilema.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video (Not loaded yet)

Foz yesterday:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video/league

HappilyManly said:
Killer on Fox News now saying all is sweet :D
A few little issues that have now all been sorted.

He is 50/50 about Skivi as he is a good Player and Mate, but the offer is so good that he sees why its a dilema.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video (Not loaded yet)

Foz yesterday:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video/league

Tap on shoulder I suspect

lovefooty said:
weev said:
niccipops said:
fLIP said:
I think the mouth is Joey tbh. doesnt surprise me that matt johns keeps poping up along side all these new tid bits of info.
I don't really think that Joey would know much about what's going on in this case. He's said he just goes in a couple of times a week to work with the halves.
It would not be smart to leak any contractual info to someone with so many media commitments, especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything.

Someone who 'goes in a couple of time a week and works with the halves'.

That's more than the journos but less than the full time staff. This makes him a PRIME candidate.

Let me repeat this... 'and works with the halves'...

Come on. He's a big mouth, right... as you say, 'especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything'.

Crikey.

Everyone stop wasting time on who is doing all of the leaking. It is the bloke who is close to the Stewarts and plays cards with them . He has used them to attack board members before. He will wreck the club to bring down Perry and the club to get vengeance for being punted.
He is a narcissist who will not stop until he gets his own way, using who ever he can.
EDITED.
G'day all,If it is as you say Lovefooty, what is his hold over the Stewarts then?Surely they can see that he is bitter and holding a grudge so why would they go along with him?
cheers mike

Dikefalos said:
Stevie is gone will be announced in the next few weeks

Is he at least staying for this year's GF win :)

Whatever Matai does, is fine by me - lets just take out #9 Premiership in 2014 :exclamation:

DY Rockpool on Manly's rest day :angel:
http://instagram.com/p/omsbyws5KL/?modal=true

Most sensible article I have read on the subject so far...

Manly’s players will be hungry for NRL success
By greg prichard, 25 Jul 2014

None of the stuff going on at Manly will hurt the team’s chances of winning the premiership. In fact, it will probably improve their chances.
There is nothing like the thought that their time together is nearing an end to drive a group of players to win a title. As long as they’re a good team – and Manly is that and way more – it should act as motivation.
There is a lot of information coming out of various sections of the Manly camp and sources close to it in regard to the value of players’ contracts, requests for releases and disagreements between the players and management etceteras.

Along with some misinformation and agenda-driven bias in the delivery, no doubt.

But none of it is affecting the form of the team on the field. If it was going to affect it, we would have seen it happen by now and the Sea Eagles would be somewhere other than on top of the competition table.

There will be no effect that way, because at the end of the day the gripes the players have are not with each other. Sure, there are player cliques, or whatever you want to call it, at Manly. Some players get on well with some teammates and aren’t close to others, but so what?
That happens in all football clubs, in all forms of employment, in all walks of life. It doesn’t mean you can’t work with each other for a common goal. It’s amazing how some people think that is capable of bringing a football team like Manly undone.

The last thing players are going to do is ruin their own season by fighting among themselves – particularly when there is no good reason. The beefs some of the players have are with management – not their teammates.
The only real trick anyone has got to pull off is for Geoff Toovey, the coach, to ensure he doesn’t get tied too closely to any player retention decisions other players don’t appreciate.

Toovey appears to have done that so far. He is the coach, so he obviously must have plenty to do with such decisions, but he seems to have been able to distance himself from any drama. At least that’s how it looks from the outside.

Players train too hard and bash their bodies against the opposition for too long over a 26-round season to let anything stand in the way of them getting something out of it in the finals series, if they are good enough. Maybe even winning a grand final.

We’re arriving at the business end of the season now. The blinkers go on as players focus even harder on their goals, if they are within reach. If they are already out of reach, then a season can go to pot, but that is obviously not the case with the Sea Eagles. They are looking like the competition favourites that they are.

What the Manly team is going to look like next year remains to be seen. We know Glenn Stewart is going to South Sydney, but we can only guess how much additional movement there might be.

Personally, I think things will settle down to a large degree over the next few weeks, and that the core of next year’s team won’t look much different to what it does this year.

If Manly weren’t planning to offer Steve Matai a new contract then it would be unfair of the club to deny him a release from the final year of his deal so he could accept a long-term offer from the Warriors. He has given the Sea Eagles good service.

But the latest word is that the club wants to extend Matai’s contract beyond next year. It’s going to be interesting to see how his situation and those of several other Manly players work out.

There are a number of player who will come off contract at the end of next season, and there could be some serious movement then. That’s another reason why the players will be determined to take advantage of the opportunity they have to win this year’s premiership.
You can’t be sure of getting another chance like the one they have now.

Twitter: @gregprichard
The Roar

I actualy think that if Manly agrees to the release, the Senior Players would feel chuffed that they helped out a mate.
Manly won't lose another game in 2014 - their last Premiership together :angel:

There won't be fines from the NRL as its Manly being attacked and not any other team :cool:
Plus, Jim Doyle the head of Integrity for the NRL is joining the Warriors next year. He managed to ban Wolfie for his lavish $5 bets on his becoming the Top Try Scorer in 2013 :mad:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10