Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Jerry1 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Toovey IS his own man , that's crap!!

The board do the numbers , the on field guys choose the cattle!!

Yeah right - no way manly go back to letting the coach rule the roost after Hasler. No management team would let that happen again. Your living in a fantasy world if you think that .

Jerry, I played with and against tooves in footy and little athletics since we were 5 years old. He does not let people get the better of him, ever. No matter what. He is also smarter than any league CEO out there.

niccipops said:
fLIP said:
I think the mouth is Joey tbh. doesnt surprise me that matt johns keeps poping up along side all these new tid bits of info.
I don't really think that Joey would know much about what's going on in this case. He's said he just goes in a couple of times a week to work with the halves.
It would not be smart to leak any contractual info to someone with so many media commitments, especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything.

Someone who 'goes in a couple of time a week and works with the halves'.

That's more than the journos but less than the full time staff. This makes him a PRIME candidate.

Let me repeat this... 'and works with the halves'...

Come on. He's a big mouth, right... as you say, 'especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything'.

Crikey.

They are men who truly suit themselves and get paid money we can't understand. If you think they are truly loyal you now have to re-assess. This con many on here have been sprouting at about us being different etc really is about being paid big dollars and living in a great place in Sydney. At least I don't have to read how happy we are and others aren't. We will move on as the club is bigger than these guys.

weev said:

That's more than the journos but less than the full time staff. This makes him a PRIME candidate.

Come on. He's a big mouth, right... as you say, 'especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything'.

Crikey.
Oh I believe he'd talk alright. What I mean is, I doubt how accurate he'd be.

The comparison to what Gould did at the Riff in 2011/2012 is a good one.

That club is no structured well cause everyone there knows their place.

We need firm leadership now. Time to focus on the players who want to stay.

The great Sir Alex Ferguson once said that you need to keep the players who WANT to be there.

The unhappy players need to consider this. Leave on bad terms and tarnish your reputations as club legends or show the same class that players like Beaver , Kitey and George Rose have shown when they were forced out due to cap pressures\.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I seem to remember Gus Gould was canned for " cleaning out the cupboards" at the Riff .

Players there wanted to " run the show , decide who got picked, drafted , released".

The broom came out , players such as Lewis and co shown the door, and guess what?

A few years later they are currently running second .

No player
No staff member
No board member

Are bigger than the club!!

If ( and that's a very big IF) , there's a big issue then bugger off, plenty of other youngsters would love a chance to play with us!!

Manly is privately owned. The owners can fight amongst themselves all they like. They can employ or punt whoever they like. It's not a democracy. They have full control of the clubs destiny. Like it or not that's the way it is. Coaches, players, back room staff are all just employees.

You promote a promising junior into a position when you could bring in a seasoned proven professional for one reason. You employ them on your terms and train them to operate in a way that suits you. Why else take the risk.

After many years of powe struggles at the club I can assure you control is not going to be handed over easily again. The coach will toe the line.

Agreed on the Gould strategy. After almost a week of this I now say let 'em go - as long as it doesn't cost us bucketloads.
These are grown men who made decisions to sign contracts at the written value of their own free will. And now they're bitching about it. AND bitching about my club that I've been supporting since before they were born.
Bugger off, and with you should go the last remaining shreds of Hasler and Zorba.
And along with the Gould strategy, let's go the Roos' Swan's NO DICKHEADS policy too.

Privately owned clubs, mercenary players & a billion dollar tv deal.

Just remember all of that the next time the NRL piles up the guilt factor on fans to step up & become members aka 'real fans'.

Yep sure NRL sure.

I'm not handing over my hard earned coin.

sheridanstand78 said:
The comparison to what Gould did at the Riff in 2011/2012 is a good one.

That club is no structured well cause everyone there knows their place.

We need firm leadership now. Time to focus on the players who want to stay.

The great Sir Alex Ferguson once said that you need to keep the players who WANT to be there.

The unhappy players need to consider this. Leave on bad terms and tarnish your reputations as club legends or show the same class that players like Beaver , Kitey and George Rose have shown when they were forced out due to cap pressures\.
To be honest I haven't heard a bad word from gift. I think he pretty much took it on the chin.

niccipops said:
Jerry1 said:
Tooves ain't no Hasler - he does what he's told.
Do you remember Tooves and Bill Harrigan? Tooves in press conferences? Somehow I don't think Tooves ever just 'does what he's told.'

Although Tooves has said that he was under instruction from Bozo to get stuck into the refs. That being said, you could not question his integrity and he wouldn't sacrifice his principals for anyone.

weev said:
niccipops said:
fLIP said:
I think the mouth is Joey tbh. doesnt surprise me that matt johns keeps poping up along side all these new tid bits of info.
I don't really think that Joey would know much about what's going on in this case. He's said he just goes in a couple of times a week to work with the halves.
It would not be smart to leak any contractual info to someone with so many media commitments, especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything.

Crikey.

Everyone stop wasting time on who is doing all of the leaking. It is the bloke who is close to the Stewarts and plays cards with them . He has used them to attack board members before. He will wreck the club to bring down Perry and the club to get vengeance for being punted.
He is a narcissist who will not stop until he gets his own way, using who ever he can.
EDITED

On Sterlo, Lara Pitt interviewed Foz. He did mention players' anger but backed off from commenting on any fractured relationship between players and board. He commented they were there to play footy and not let the off- field antics distract them.

Back in the studio, Pitt commented that the players said that the playing group is not fractured and is focussing on retaining their spot at the top of the table. Some good news there.

When Ha$ler looked like ripping the guts out of our club I remember taking heart from hearing Choc Watmough speaking out in support of the club.

Loyalty is a great trait but I have been a bit worried that he may suffer for his in this "crisis". Not necessarily financially but certainly his legacy at the club.

I'm sure at the end of the day the best possible outcome for Choc is to end up as the Manly junior who became a one club Manly legend who continues to have the respect of his many fans and hopefully a future role with the club, and still be the guy who turns sausages at Gifty's barbecues. He doesn't have to choose between the two, and I'm sure Gift wouldn't expect him to.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ranger said:
Masked Eagle said:
Not sure if anyone has joined these dots together but I was thinking the players might believe the real reason Gifty wasn't offered a contract is because the club ie Perry are punishing him because he is close to Zorba? At the very least I believe Zorba probably believes that hence why he is trying to destabilize the club to.force Perry out! Thoughts?

Not sure if any of the other board members has the ear of the players, so I'd say that's in the ball park.
Ridiculous. Zorba dislikes Perry because he's the one that sacked him as Media Dinosaur Manager.
I was agreeing more with the last part of ME's statement in bold. But who knows what he's telling the players about board rumblings or the decision on Glenn Stewart?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I love it. If we were struggling on the field it would be a bit disheartening, but we are leaders and comp favourites, so I reckon the whole soap opera is hilarious.

Hard to understand why some are so upset really.

Exactly.

A new day (yawns, scratches)

Opens this thread:

1) People still taking everyone's negative Manly spin as gospel? *check*

2) People still choosing not to accept facts? *check*

- Leaves thread, enjoys day and top of the ladder.

Prefers to read Official statement from Manly board.

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles board has thrown its support behind the Head Coach and the Club’s position around recent player retention.

Sea Eagles Head Coach Geoff Toovey addressed the board at their monthly meeting this evening where his position on players honouring their NRL contracts with the Club was fully supported.

Negotiations are ongoing with a number of players that will hopefully see them remain at the Club, but these remain confidential until the Club is in a position to make an official announcement at the appropriate time.

Finally, the board would like to acknowledge their regret at not being able to retain Glenn Stewart but we look forward to seeing him back on the field and farewelling him in the best possible way at the end of the 2014 NRL season.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10