Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RiverEagle said:
Ramrod said:
I hope it all works out well for Manly.
I feared all this would happen after what Gifty went through.
Very sad.

Yeah mate...That's right folks!

We could do all this again next year!

Hopefully our CEO and board have learnt from the Gift saga, and don't do the same to Skivy (especially if they make him stay for 2015).

Even better idea here:
Upgrade Skivy's contract so he can stay.
After all, it's about money.

I love it. If we were struggling on the field it would be a bit disheartening, but we are leaders and comp favourites, so I reckon the whole soap opera is hilarious.

Hard to understand why some are so upset really.

After watching 9 news and the way Foran worded his answer was disappointing. What needs to be sorted out at board level? The players are obviously getting paid, they're playing well, obviously looked after but because we couldn't offer Gift a decent contract there's an issue.

People who were around longer than these blokes were forced out but a bloke who has had 3-4 full years at Manly doesn't want to talk to the media in case he "says something he will regret." Manly pay his wage. He is an employee of Manly Warringah.

About time every one is told, you signed a contract, you will honour it, if you want to leave when it's over then good luck to you.

This club survived bankruptcy and a merge and was minutes from extinction... And we're supposed to worry about 4 disgruntled employees?

Please.

I'm pretty annoyed by all this, it really sucks the enjoyment out of it. But let's just look at another way. The bulldogs don't give their team captain the contract he wanted, he leaves. The media barely blink an eyelid and Canterbury don't get dragged through the papers with all this bad press. There is obviously some power struggle at play. The players on one side and the administrators on the other. And poor tooves in the middle.

I wouldn't begrudge Stevie a release, I would be pretty devastated about snake and choc. They haven't really said anything on record, but it could be argued they have forgotten which side their bread is buttered on. And foran, we'll him getting involved and on record is only fueling the flames of a fire that could've been extinguished quickly had everyone sat done in a room and got on the same page. Communication between administrators and players is key. Everyone cares about the direction of the business they work for and the players deserve to be given the information to make an informed opinion rather than pure emotion dictating responses and behaviour.

Not sure if anyone has joined these dots together but I was thinking the players might believe the real reason Gifty wasn't offered a contract is because the club ie Perry are punishing him because he is close to Zorba? At the very least I believe Zorba probably believes that hence why he is trying to destabilize the club to.force Perry out! Thoughts?

Under intense questioning from the media today, Foz says the Manly heirarchy under-estimated the impact of not making an offer to Gift.

I say get over it, what's done is done! The players seem to have forgotten that we had to lose others previously so we could accommodate them.

And please please please stop talking to the media and focus on what you're being paid to do.

fLIP said:
The first 5 or so minutes of this are good to listen to for a little insight into whats happening.

Watmough is hard to read, mainly because his pages are empty, so dunno what to make of it. Kind of giggles like a busted school girl in over her head at the start.

TBH, Steve sounds like his concerns are being dealt with.

Watmough Matai interview MMM First audio file at the top.

Sounds serious...

'Players selected for interview kept reporters waiting at the Sydney Academy of Sport on Thursday morning, while they jumped in what's believed to be Anthony Watmough's car for a discussion.'

images

Noooo - time to support the current Off Field Staff.

What would Choc/Foz etc do, if Perry and other Staff critiqued their on field decisions to the Media :huh:

Masked Eagle said:
Not sure if anyone has joined these dots together but I was thinking the players might believe the real reason Gifty wasn't offered a contract is because the club ie Perry are punishing him because he is close to Zorba? At the very least I believe Zorba probably believes that hence why he is trying to destabilize the club to.force Perry out! Thoughts?

Not sure if any of the other board members has the ear of the players, so I'd say that's in the ball park.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I love it. If we were struggling on the field it would be a bit disheartening, but we are leaders and comp favourites, so I reckon the whole soap opera is hilarious.

Hard to understand why some are so upset really.

I don't love it (and can see why ppl are so upset) but not so much for me too.

We've been a happy, united team for years and this season's dramas are foreign and unsettling.

But personally, I'm not as worried or upset by it all, as I said.

Up to now it hasn't affected the on-field efforts.
And it may well be driving the group along even more fiercely...

Gift is definitely gone; so this will be the mini-end, or beginning of the end for those big 6.

Last-chance saloon together to go out on top!

Times like this NRL clubs need to be able to trade contracts with other clubs. That way Manly could trade Matai to the Warriors and get a good young up and coming player in return.

Ranger said:
Masked Eagle said:

Not sure if any of the other board members has the ear of the players, so I'd say that's in the ball park.
Ridiculous. Zorba dislikes Perry because he's the one that sacked him as Media Dinosaur Manager.

Oh why won't manly release matai I hear them say...

Because he is the best left centre in the game and he is ours for at least one more year that's why! C'mon foz do you really want to look left and not find him there steaming on to the ball?

I bet the warriors "offer" of millions ( yeah right) is a phantom. If it's too good to be true it probably is ...

As Gibbsy said the other night, manly wouldn't consider a hypothetical release without COmpensation.

So I'm thinking the 'Mutiny' was nothing that hasn't already been published.
What will tomorrow bring us Sea Eagle fans?:rolleyes:
Just stop talking please players and beat the warriors on Sunday.:)

niccipops said:
So I'm thinking the 'Mutiny' was nothing that hasn't already been published.
What will tomorrow bring us Sea Eagle fans?:rolleyes:
Just stop talking please players and beat the warriors on Sunday.:)
Maybe they want pirates next to Capt Jack Sparrow in the next pirates movie ; )

Arko-admirer said:
I am afraid this is not a "supposed" crisis. It is the real thing.
The most chilling line I think from the article was this "Whether or not that (the salary cap) was the reason Glenn was forced out I am not so sure."
That shows to me a very deep distrust in the club

Agree. That's as close as Foran can possibly say without ending up on the outer himself. Say I'll say it for him. Gift has had a big stink with someone at the top of the tree, and this is their egomaniac way of pay back....
they couldn't even be arsed to table a dud offer.:s
As much as I agree with Foran in regards to Steve and taking unders, the buck has to stop somewhere with the total disregard of a contact and it's worth. Steve should stay.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11