Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yes that's true.

A lot of fans will turn a blind eye to wrong doings as long as we keep winning. Me, we'll I have always thought that being honest, loyal, talented and giving nothing but your best should be rewarded in kind.

Not the way of the world perhaps these days but I much rather players wear their hearts on their sleeve.

Standing up for your mates is inbread in our core group. Part of what has made us so good for so long. Lose it and we will lose something more than one or two players.

Change is inevitable. How we go about the change is the most important part for me. Be upfront, share your vision and unite rather than divide. Key management priciples we don't seem to be applying.

If Gifty's wasnt part of the plan no problem. Let him know early and let the other team members know why. Easier to accept when someone communicates the facts to you face to face and explains the decision.

Honesty is the key.

Another objective article in the smh today.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/manly-sea-eagles-block-fuming-anthony-watmough-from-talking-about-glenn-stewart-20140726-zx99k.html

I just listened to Zorba on the 2KY big sports breakfast Sunday morning program.

He categorically denies that he is responsible for the leaks coming out of the club.

He suggested that Choc would play out his career with Manly too.

He was quizzed about Perry and the board and predictably played a straight bat.

I am at the stage where I do not know what to believe.

There is no doubt that some of the players are seriously disgruntled and there needs to be some closure from the club on this.

Who ever is peddling stuff to Weidler and his cronies must be weeded out of the club.

sheridanstand78 said:
I just listened to Zorba on the 2KY big sports breakfast Sunday morning program.

He categorically denies that he is responsible for the leaks coming out of the club.

There is no doubt that some of the players are seriously disgruntled and there needs to be some closure from the club on this.

Who ever is peddling stuff to Weidler and his cronies must be weeded out of the club.
Think he was referring to Massoud

ok this is more hysterical media work but it seems to be the first story to indicate Manly were preparing to offer a contract to Gift at some point.

TOOVEY’S DIRECT LINE TO STEWART SNUB

MANLY coach Geoff Toovey is now in the firing line over a mystery phone call that forced him not to offer club legend Glenn Stewart a contract extension.

At a board meeting on Wednesday night, Toovey faced a blowtorch grilling from directors over the shabby treatment of the 2011 Clive Churchill Medal winner.

He revealed to the meeting that an unidentified director — who was in the room — had phoned and told him not to offer Stewart a contract. When questioned, he refused to name which board member made the call.

http://m.news.com.au/SportNews/fi11931312.htm

A denial, then ask yourself who would stand to win out of this.

Not the Penns they want a return on their investment and best way to do that is win a GF.
Not the Football Club Board, they are all volunteers, and have nothing to gain.
Not the players, although I do believe the Managers are assisting this to build up and shore up contracts.
Not the fans, although there maybe some with very close inside knowledge doing the dirty.

Maybe someone wanting to exact revenge??

Wonder who that might be?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
sheridanstand78 said:

Think he was referring to Massoud

It's easy for one writer to pass a story off to another writer to protect their source....

Could the leak be Johns?
Hate to think this was the case but he does have inside knowledge of the club and works for nein.
Not the first time the words "conflict of interest" have been associated with him.

They really are behaving like a bunch of sooks. Nothing Manly about them. Thank you for your work Brett Stewart, Choc Whatamouth. Sorry we have clearly never done anything for you. You are free to go. We'll be trading you for the newer, undamaged model. Way of the world. Business, as you say.

Red Pill said:
Could the leak be Johns?
Hate to think this was the case but he does have inside knowledge of the club and works for nein.
Not the first time the words "conflict of interest" have been associated with him.

Where's Gai Waterhouse when you need her?

Mitch said:
Dean Ritchie just mentioned on the Big Sports Breakfast that if he was a betting man, he'd put money on Brett Stewart not being here next year. I'm not sure how that would work though considering the club has only just put out a statement saying they would not be releasing any players early from their contract.

Same bloke that said at least 5 or 6 players will follow Des to the Dogs.

Giftys teamates have to make some sort of protest. Not to do so would be un-Australian. When one of your best mates gets kicked off the team and you get to stay if you don't say anything you can be deemed to be supporting the decision. The club just needs to be careful that the players don't start to become their protest but are allowed to not feel guilty for staying when Gift had to go.
No bitterness to the players, they stood by their mate, their brother and kept their dignity.
If this becomes more protracted then their guilt will overcome them and they will never reach these heights again.

manlyfan76 said:
Giftys teamates have to make some sort of protest. Not to do so would be un-Australian. When one of your best mates gets kicked off the team and you get to stay if you don't say anything you can be deemed to be supporting the decision. The club just needs to be careful that the players don't start to become their protest but are allowed to not feel guilty for staying when Gift had to go.
No bitterness to the players, they stood by their mate, their brother and kept their dignity.
If this becomes more protracted then their guilt will overcome them and they will never reach these heights again.

What is this? Primary school?

Brissie Kid said:
ok this is more hysterical media work but it seems to be the first story to indicate Manly were preparing to offer a contract to Gift at some point.

MANLY coach Geoff Toovey is now in the firing line over a mystery phone call that forced him not to offer club legend Glenn Stewart a contract extension.

At a board meeting on Wednesday night, Toovey faced a blowtorch grilling from directors over the shabby treatment of the 2011 Clive Churchill Medal winner.

He revealed to the meeting that an unidentified director — who was in the room — had phoned and told him not to offer Stewart a contract. When questioned, he refused to name which board member made the call.

Couldn't find the article

Peter Peters also stated the bleeding obvious that rumours are leaking like a sieve.

Umm gosh listening to him you cant help but suspect that hes been totally involved, especially with the guff that Rothtool and Richie keep regurgitating in the telecrap.

So it wasn't till Wednesday that 2v was granted these powers:
Manly coach Geoff Toovey, who is understood to be frustrated with the antics of his senior players, expressed his views at a 3-1/2 hour board meeting on Wednesday night at the club's Narrabeen headquarters.

Fairfax Media has been told the board passed two resolutions:

* no player would be granted an early release from their contract; and,

* Toovey was to be given full control of the team, including the ability to hand down sanctions against players who speak out of line or cause unrest among the squad.

Chammas July 25, 2014
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/feathers-fly-at-manly-as-player-power-is-put-to-the-test-20140725-zwrqk.html#ixzz38YYGtIsu

Here 2v apparently already had the power to hire/fire Players

ROTHFIELD July 27, 2014

Here it is all Choc's gift of the Gab cost Gifty a contract
There is more to the Watmough decision – at the club’s most recent board meeting it was mentioned that there was a third-party deal waiting for Stewart and that Toovey had been given the instruction from the board to re-sign Stewart.
It was Watmough’s comments backing Stewart at the height of his non-signing and non-offer that led to the board deciding not to pursue a third-party deal he had lined up for Stewart. That led to the non-offer.

WEIDLER July 27, 2014
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/manly-sea-eagles-block-fuming-anthony-watmough-from-talking-about-glenn-stewart-20140726-zx99k.html#ixzz38d21XE3W
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/manly-sea-eagles-block-fuming-anthony-watmough-from-talking-about-glenn-stewart-20140726-zx99k.html

Anyone trying to lay the shyte on 2v will get theirs :mad:

Jerry1 said:
Brissie Kid said:

Couldn't find the article

Try this link then:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-andrew-johns-is-changing-his-commentary-style-to-keep-women-on-side/story-fni3fh9n-1227002623753?nk=ceb5650e61f944b8bb80a7684c56545b

I noticed Manly's Holden Cup side just flogged the former 8th placed Warriors in NZ 36-20 sans Tom Terrific and have moved into the 8 after not losing a game for seven weeks. Could this explain the player's angst. There's a couple of young kids on the rise looking at their spot and they may be getting just a tad nervous

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10