Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Dave Perry does not say that Skivvy was the only one to make an informal request. He said he was not aware of any 'formal requests' by Brett or Choc. This is code for the fact they probably did discuss it in an informal way.

Brett would be a straight shooter in these issues. However i think this was all 'months ago'. Clearly he has 'moved on'. His form is great. There was a period there where he looked slow, by his standards and, well carrying extra weight about Round 10 period. But around about the SOO 2 round, he has really upped the anti. Choc will be back to best in a week or so.

We must have listened to different interviews. After Dave Perry said there have been no formal requests, Terry Kennedy said 'What about informal requests?'
Perry answered that there have been no informal requests either from Choc or Brett.

I formally request that Messrs Rothcock, Fat****Ritchie, Weedyprickler, Massfool & any other 2 bit barfly masquerading as journalists officially go & FUK YOURSELVES !!!!!! You won't win. You can't stop us. We will always be better than the rest.

the mauler said:
I think everyone ripping into these 3 Manly legends should refrain from laying the boot into them.
It's well documented that Choc, Matai and Gifty took pay cuts on their last contracts to stay together and be loyal to the club.
They would be thinking that when their next contracts were up the club would show them some respect also.
With Gift not even tabled an offer while other players who are contracted until the end of next year negotiating extensions, I can see why along with Snake they are pissed with management.
I also agree with them that the club should've tried a lot harder to retain Gift and I honestly can't blame the players for being ****ty.

Did they really take pay cuts? I've heard them say they were offered more money elsewhere but decided to stay at Manly. I haven't heard them say they negotiated a collective deal with Manly where they agreed to take less money to keep the squad together.

bones said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Dave Perry does not say that Skivvy was the only one to make an informal request. He said he was not aware of any 'formal requests' by Brett or Choc. This is code for the fact they probably did discuss it in an informal way.

Brett would be a straight shooter in these issues. However i think this was all 'months ago'. Clearly he has 'moved on'. His form is great. There was a period there where he looked slow, by his standards and, well carrying extra weight about Round 10 period. But around about the SOO 2 round, he has really upped the anti. Choc will be back to best in a week or so.

We must have listened to different interviews. After Dave Perry said there have been no formal requests, Terry Kennedy said 'What about informal requests?'
Perry answered that there have been no informal requests either from Choc or Brett.
His exact words in relation to Brett, Choc, were: "I have not had any informal requests" Not that they had made none.
Later: "Informal requests happen all the time,"

Av8r said:
the mauler said:
I think everyone ripping into these 3 Manly legends should refrain from laying the boot into them.
It's well documented that Choc, Matai and Gifty took pay cuts on their last contracts to stay together and be loyal to the club.
They would be thinking that when their next contracts were up the club would show them some respect also.
With Gift not even tabled an offer while other players who are contracted until the end of next year negotiating extensions, I can see why along with Snake they are pissed with management.
I also agree with them that the club should've tried a lot harder to retain Gift and I honestly can't blame the players for being ****ty.

Did they really take pay cuts? I've heard them say they were offered more money elsewhere but decided to stay at Manly. I haven't heard them say they negotiated a collective deal with Manly where they agreed to take less money to keep the squad together.

Do you honestly think not going elsewhere for more money is not a paycut???

nodd said:
Av8r said:
the mauler said:

Yes. Did those guys go to the club and say "pay us less, we want to stay together"? I doubt it. I think they would have negotiated the best deal they thought they could get from Manly and weighed it up against the other offers they were receiving and decided to stay. That doesn't mean they took a pay cut.

I also agree with you re not taking less to keep the "band of brothers" together.

It's a professional sport. If they are all so worried about losing Glenn, why not give some of your money back? If glenn is so keen on staying with Manly because of his Bond with the "Brothers" take the coin that was offered?

It's all about money. They don't give a rat's bottom about club or loyalty.

$$$$$$ is all they have in their minds.

Fair dinkum this is out of hand. I think we need Julie Bishop to draft a UN resolution calling for talks between Sea Eagles management, players, fans, & media.

I really feel for David Perry, putting out fires left right and centre over this.

The time has come for decisive leadership. Time to get the disgruntled guys and truly spell out to them whats at stake here.

Arko would not suffer this behaviour from them, they would be dealt with by him, cause Arko would look them all in the eye and say none of you are bigger than this great club.

For weeks and weeks our club has been dragged through the mud by the Glenn Stewart no offer. It is now a joke and its become boring.

The reality is that the want away players are going to find it very hard to get what they want as most clubs have finalised their rosters for next year.

Come on guys do the right thing. If you choose to leave do it dignity and respect. Dont do what Hasler did and ruin your legacy.

nodd said:
Av8r said:
the mauler said:

Is accepting $1m over two years, but getting 350k in year 1, then 650 in year 2, classed as a pay cut in year 1 and a pay rise in year 2???

Ask a forward this question and see what he says :0)

Very interesting comments just now by Johnny gibbs on his show. D perry "may hypothetically" consider a request for matai on compassionate grounds with compo from warriors. No such request has been made. Gibbsy says there is an offer on the table to upgrade and extend matai, and most likely also one for watmough. He said there may be some playing around going on to get better deals. Agents?

Jamie Lyon also interviewed. He said no dramas at training.

I take what Gibbsy says as pretty close to the mark. He's close to the club. The rest of these sensationalist wankers are just filling lines, to pump up their online hits, with any dribble they can think up.

Shoe1 said:
Very interesting comments just now by Johnny gibbs on his show. D perry "may hypothetically" consider a request for matai on compassionate grounds with compo from warriors. No such request has been made. Gibbsy says there is an offer on the table to upgrade and extend matai, and most likely also one for watmough. He said there may be some playing around going on to get better deals. Agents?

Jamie Lyon also interviewed. He said no dramas at training.

This seems the most logical of explanations. It's unbelievable the hysteria this has stirred up through the media. It will make the victory for this year's GF even sweeter.

These 3 will play out their careers with the Eagles.

Brissie Kid said:
"I can't play with Gifty anymore, so i want out of Manly for 2015 so i can play for another club without Gifty."

Or,

I am so disappointed with the lack of loyalty shown by the club and owners towards one of the clubs most loyal servants and one of my best friends and this is my only way of publicly supporting a mate, comrade and brother.

Jerry1 said:
Brissie Kid said:
"I can't play with Gifty anymore, so i want out of Manly for 2015 so i can play for another club without Gifty."

Or,

I am so disappointed with the lack of loyalty shown by the club and owners towards one of the clubs most loyal servants and one of my best friends and this is my only way of publicly supporting a mate, comrade and brother.

Given there are 15 clubs below Manly on the table, no player would want to be going anywhere else if success matters to him.

So Gifty goes to Souths and the way to support a mate is to leave all your other Manly mates and take the cash from the Eels or Warriors?

The blame should directed to the NRL salary cap not the club. Go look at how the Dragons and other clubs fared after reaching a grand final. It's amazing Manly has held together so long.

bob dylan said:
Why not report the positive. Headline could be

Manly to sign DCE and Foran for life.

Let be honest if we lose those 3 oldies and keep our halves I wouldn't be too upset.

Finally! I have been waiting for someone to say it...There isn't a chance in hell of Brett Stewart or Watmough getting anywhere near what they are getting at Manly. Delusions of grandeur, or just plain dumb, I 'm not sure? The club should call their bluff

Moops said:
bob dylan said:
Why not report the positive. Headline could be

Manly to sign DCE and Foran for life.

Let be honest if we lose those 3 oldies and keep our halves I wouldn't be too upset.

Finally! I have been waiting for someone to say it...There isn't a chance in hell of Brett Stewart or Watmough getting anywhere near what they are getting at Manly. Delusions of grandeur, or just plain dumb, I 'm not sure? The club should call their bluff

Lol,

It isn't about money for these players. That's for the new kids on the block who haven't earned the undying loyalty of their piers yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8