T-Rex.. More trouble than he's worth.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he'd be good as an impact forward off the bench, why not use him as a utility instead of Bailey? Oldfield, Hopoate, Wolfman, Robbo and Farrar give us enough depth in the wings, so Hasler can't use that as an excuse.

He is definitely not the only problem with the team, but that doesn't excuse his poor performances. He deserves the criticism. He lacks the aggression needed to take advantage of his huge frame. He ran sideways on a kick return to get away from Soward...  He should be running at full pace straight at Soward. His kick returns are embarrassing. Surely it can't be that hard to teach the bloke to run back at full pace. Seriously every fan can see it, the commentators see it, why isn't it being fixed?

Cracks me up every time.  Win and there's no posts re T Rex.  Lose and it's all T-Rex's fault.

We didn't lose last night because of Williams, we lost because we were soft defensively.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Cracks me up every time.  Win and there's no posts re T Rex.  Lose and it's all T-Rex's fault.

We didn't lose last night because of Williams, we lost because we were soft defensively.

110% correct CC...wasn't it just a week ago he was being awarded "the greatest hit in the history of Manly"???

A week later he's the cause of ALL our troubles

Exactly mate. Half of these guy's were having wet dreams after what he did to Slater last week

Not one of his better games last night, but I feel the inexperience of our halves are more of a concern. Our poor positional kicking game never allows us to maintain pressure, on a positive the forwards had a real dig. King on report is a bit of a worry!

You have to give Foran time with his kicking game. A good off season should have him ready to go next year. His attacking kicks close to the line were pretty good though. He's getting there.

I agree with CC, T-rex isn't a winger, but that's what we have to live with at the moment. He's scored plenty of tries this year. Even the Fox commentary team said that plenty of wingers this year have been caught out by the Dragons this year. T-rex wasn't the first and won't be the last. They are just a better team then us. We have to live with that for the moment.

As Des said in the press conference, they got the points THIS TIME...

i would be really interested to know the rationale behind the idea that Tony Williams will be a great forward.To be a great forward you need to run extremely hard and often into the teeth of the defence and defend hard and often.
how do his lazy kick returns and sideways meanderings qualify him for that.his positional play is ordinary but his real problem is his lack of aggression.look at the guys who have moved into the forward pack and gone great.blokes like gene miles and ruben wiki did it and those guys dont resemble this bloke in any way or form.

i find it laughable to think that he would suddenly become a runaway train once he starts running frequently into guys who can hit hard and often and not outside backs who do 4 tackles a game.

also for some reason he seems to be defended because he didnt cost us the match.he will never be the sole reason we lose a match.BUT that does not excuse him from playing like a puppydog.

as that dickhead gus gould loves to say......"give me your mobile,give me your keys"

We have to put some faith in him because the alternative is to invite those moronic eels supporters to say they told us so.

sydsider link said:
Ive been thinking that since he came into grade.[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=184686.msg285060#msg285060 date=1281958841]
Dan i'm starting to also think watmoughs more trouble than he's worth.
[/quote]

Yes he doesn't seem to have the same passion ans spark anymore.

Yep i already posted this too, when we win its all praise for running over slater ect though when we lose it all Trex's fault lol.

torana355 link said:
[quote author=CLIT COMMANDER link=topic=184686.msg285240#msg285240 date=1281992562]

Yep i already posted this too, when we win its all praise for running over slater ect though when we lose it all Trex's fault lol.
[/quote]

I really don't understand why people keep backing him? He doesn't get criticized for have an average, mediocre game, because it should be a given! If Robbo had T-Rex's ratio of good to **** games, he'd be getting dropped! Just because he's had more satisfactory games than diabolical games, makes it OK? The guy sits on the wing, runs like a cat, doesn't put it work, runs sideways, useless in defence, scores soft tries off an in form centre (probably the best centre in the league) and puts a hit on Slater, that quiet frankly, many other wingers could have eg, Vatuvei, Folau, Tuiaki and Vuna to name a few, you all think he's the best **** since sliced bread!

He's bad for our team! Guarantee you this.. He'll **** up 2 or 3 times next week. Hoppa at FB, Whare on one wing and Michael Oldfield on the other.. T-Rex has to go!

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Liueli of Brookvale link=topic=184686.msg285478#msg285478 date=1282039346]

Hoppa at FB, Whare on one wing and Michael Oldfield on the other.. T-Rex has to go!

So Robbo needs to get dumped according to you?
[/quote]

No. Sorry about that.. Robbo on one wing, Whare/Oldfield on the other.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2