Tactics to Beat Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to prove that we can score points without Snake on the field. I'm not convinced we can. With two international halves, it shouldn't be a problem....but it is.

wedgetail eagle said:
I wish it was 13 real SeaEagles against 13 Rabbits.
Regardless of whether the boys are top squad or not, if they're wearing the jersey, they're a 100% Sea Eagle. If they give their all, they'll do their job. I'm not talking about final results. I'm talking about 80 minutes of never say die Sea Eagle spirit. That's what Manly is.

As others have said, we just have to hang onto the ball. If we get 50% or more of possession we're a huge chance - any team is.

It would be nice to see us play in tight and and try to beat them around the ruck. Hold on to the ball and don't give away **** penalties. We'll get hammered on the edges and in the air. Probably would have been a good game to introduce Hodges into.

But again, we'll play our familiar style and won't tailor an attack to a specific opposition. I'm not normally a bagger, but it's hard to see us winning this one. Either we'll be flogged or it will be an arm wrestle. And for us points are going to be hard to come by.

Oh and get the ball into touch as often as possible to slow down Inglis kick returns.

We are far too injured atm. I cant see a win from any standpoint. Our depth is injured as well. Who is it at the moment?

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
05. David Williams
13. Glenn Stewart
15. Tom Symonds
18. Michael Chee Kam

08. Jason King (returning for the 1st time in year or so.)

Can't even remember the last time we put out a full strength lineup. Not even the 2011 GF.

It is so depressing reading this forum. I want to slash my wrists.
I am going to the game tonight & I think we will give it a good shake. We still a lot of good players playing and Souths are not as good as everyone is making out.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
As others have said, we just have to hang onto the ball. If we get 50% or more of possession we're a huge chance - any team is.

True, but just to be safe make 60% possession with a couple 40/20's for good measure. That should help with at least an evenish penalty count.

niccipops said:
wedgetail eagle said:
Regardless of whether the boys are top squad or not, if they're wearing the jersey, they're a 100% Sea Eagle. If they give their all, they'll do their job. I'm not talking about final results. I'm talking about 80 minutes of never say die Sea Eagle spirit. That's what Manly is.
I think you may have missinterpreted this post, I took it to mean actual Sea Eagles against Rabbits of the carrot eating variety rather than a slight on our squad.

Ange said:
It is so depressing reading this forum. I want to slash my wrists.
I am going to the game tonight & I think we will give it a good shake. We still a lot of good players playing and Souths are not as good as everyone is making out.
Well said Ange. I'll be there too with 4 other maroon & white clad people madly cheering Manly on. We still have Foz, Lyon King, Cherry on top & the pocket battleship amongst others playing :)

I agree. This would have to be a contender for most pessimistic fan forum getting around.

Enjoy the game. I wish I could be there too!

Jason King, Choc or Hasson should 'unintentionally' crash into Shame Hayme. He would have to go off and be replaced by an un-corrupt referee.

Then, we defend defend defend, and dont drop the ball when we get it.

Utility Player said:
niccipops said:
wedgetail eagle said:
I think you may have missinterpreted this post, I took it to mean actual Sea Eagles against Rabbits of the carrot eating variety rather than a slight on our squad.
Correct. I did misinterpret you. Sorrys :p GI eats carrots. Shred him to pieces Sea Eagles.

Hold the ball and a long kicking game will win it. We need to run their forwards around and with a more mobile pack I think we are more than capable of winning. Our backs have it over theirs fairly easily, even without snake. If we can hold them in the forwards I think we can come away with a good win

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2