Tafua to the centres in 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This Hardaker that people want to sign is it the same Hardaker that has never played a game of NRL in his career ?
That's the beauty of him going to Penrith till the end of the season - you get to check him out no risk and if he's up for it, make him an offer

Taufua in the centres? May be a master stroke but may also be a flop. Before even considering him for a centre position, I would like to see him play half a dozen games there, preferably this year to determine suitability. We wont make the 8 so experimentation in my mind is the way to go in preparation for next year.

Taufua in the centres? May be a master stroke but may also be a flop. Before even considering him for a centre position, I would like to see him play half a dozen games there, preferably this year to determine suitability. We wont make the 8 so experimentation in my mind is the way to go in preparation for next year.
There will be no experimentation while TB is fighting for his job.

Id give him a crack in the centres...at the Knights. The guy is a classic athlete as opposed to a footballer, like so many others in this era.

He has zero game awareness and would be no better in the centres.

Tafua is as slow as a wet week. I've seen front rowers run him down after being in the clear. He would be better served as a 2nd rower. But I would be happy to see the back of him as he brings nothing and looks disinterested.

Two points about Taufua. Maybe he isnt the fastest winger going around, but two points are being missed.

Firstly a winger is only as good as the service he receives from inside (unless your a champion winger like Irvine was). With a side making metres and offering good service, his performance would probably be significantly better.

Secondly he is consistently one of our best metre gainers. Though this often happens with wingers and full backs (though not Stewart of late), he usually makes many more metres than the winger on the other side. He made twice as many metres as Wiliame against North Queensland, was one of the best metres gainers against the Titans, had was 50 metres better than Wright playing wing against the Panthers. This gives Manly at least some advantage other wingers are not giving us.

I'm not disputing Loobs criticism, but there are some others in this team who I would be showing the door before Taufua

There will be no experimentation while TB is fighting for his job.
1.Barrett is not fighting for his job, though if we aren't winning by this time next year he will be.
2.One thing Barrett has shown is that he doesn't mind trying different players and positions.

Two points about Taufua. Maybe he isnt the fastest winger going around, but two points are being missed.

Firstly a winger is only as good as the service he receives from inside (unless your a champion winger like Irvine was). With a side making metres and offering good service, his performance would probably be significantly better.

Secondly he is consistently one of our best metre gainers. Though this often happens with wingers and full backs (though not Stewart of late), he usually makes many more metres than the winger on the other side. He made twice as many metres as Wiliame against North Queensland, was one of the best metres gainers against the Titans, had was 50 metres better than Wright playing wing against the Panthers. This gives Manly at least some advantage other wingers are not giving us.

I'm not disputing Loobs criticism, but there are some others in this team who I would be showing the door before Taufua
The metre gaining is true but he also loves a loose carry. Plus remember when Tom blocked for him on that bomb last night and he still spilt it over the sideline. That was a classic "FMD Jorge" moment.

Hiku was a lethal finisher on the end of a good back line and an equal metre eater. The metres come a lot of the time from the speed of the play the ball against a line that's not set.

The metre gaining is true but he also loves a loose carry. Plus remember when Tom blocked for him on that bomb last night and he still spilt it over the sideline. That was a classic "FMD Jorge" moment.

Hiku was a lethal finisher on the end of a good back line and an equal metre eater. The metres come a lot of the time from the speed of the play the ball against a line that's not set.

I agree Loobs. But we dont have Hiku, or Gutherson, any longer because of some pretty average thinking up top, and we just have no one else but Taufua, who is above average on the wing (except when Tom plays there). Suggestions for Taufua to play in the forwards may not be such a crazy idea, when we get a couple a decent wingers. In short bursts he could be a line breaker in the centre of the park

I agree Loobs. But we dont have Hiku, or Gutherson, any longer because of some pretty average thinking up top, and we just have no one else but Taufua, who is above average on the wing (except when Tom plays there). Suggestions for Taufua to play in the forwards may not be such a crazy idea, when we get a couple a decent wingers. In short bursts he could be a line breaker in the centre of the park
You'd have to compare him though against players available in the market - as Jorge is off contract. So while it's good to say he's better than what we have (true), is he better than what we could get if we didn't re-sign him? (not sure)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6