"Taking Unders", and the decline of the once-great clubs in the modern game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Turbo thought "unders" meant playing "under half a season".
I think we can all agree that Turbo (a) doesn't choose to be injured and (b) would play every opportunity he gets, when healthy (including for Origin/'Roos).

Your post does kinda imply that Turbo has some say in this - and I don't agree that Turbo has any unbroken bone in his body that says 'ah well.....injured again. Fk it, im still gettin ma paycheck. Feet up time.. Win it for me boys!'

Seeing the tragic re-injury of Paps for the Storm over the weekend, I think some incredibly gifted players get short-dealt in other ways sometimes. Cosmic balance perhaps. That injury, and reaction, reminded me of Turbo - a player we ALL want to see out there at 100% doing his thing, whether you're Manly or not. Its just so majestic when he is on top of his game, and on top of the opposition in the way he has showed us he is capable of.

THATS what we pay money to watch, isn't it?

Turbo isn't some bludger that just rocks up with his hand out. Every game, he is sniffing for the ball, hunting for action. He has a bad game, and he looks disappointed with himself. Yet his stats show he was still a standout more often than not. Maybe its a hat-tip to the idea that Stats ain't everything, or maybe the stats don't lie and we are accustomed to off-the-charts performance from this guy and he usually delivers that and we still aren't satisfied unless he's bagged 3 tries and 6 try-assists, 15 tackle breaks and brokered peace between Israel/Palestine in the 1 game. Thats what you want your marquee players to do right? (maybe not the last bit...)

We have seen other highly-paid players who sometimes go MIA - in fact our fearless leader has been accused of it in seasons past, with some 'flat track bully' accusations being thrown around. I don't agree with that either, but thats for another essay.

Indeed, it is this MIA attitude that I worry about most with our new signing Brooks. But I definitely don't have it with Turbo.

So nice little dig, but give him some dues - he ain't what you are painting him out to be.

I think we can all agree that Turbo (a) doesn't choose to be injured and (b) would play every opportunity he gets, when healthy (including for Origin/'Roos).

Your post does kinda imply that Turbo has some say in this - and I don't agree that Turbo has any unbroken bone in his body that says 'ah well.....injured again. Fk it, im still gettin ma paycheck. Feet up time.. Win it for me boys!'

Seeing the tragic re-injury of Paps for the Storm over the weekend, I think some incredibly gifted players get short-dealt in other ways sometimes. Cosmic balance perhaps. That injury, and reaction, reminded me of Turbo - a player we ALL want to see out there at 100% doing his thing, whether you're Manly or not. Its just so majestic when he is on top of his game, and on top of the opposition in the way he has showed us he is capable of.

THATS what we pay money to watch, isn't it?

Turbo isn't some bludger that just rocks up with his hand out. Every game, he is sniffing for the ball, hunting for action. He has a bad game, and he looks disappointed with himself. Yet his stats show he was still a standout more often than not. Maybe its a hat-tip to the idea that Stats ain't everything, or maybe the stats don't lie and we are accustomed to off-the-charts performance from this guy and he usually delivers that and we still aren't satisfied unless he's bagged 3 tries and 6 try-assists, 15 tackle breaks and brokered peace between Israel/Palestine in the 1 game. Thats what you want your marquee players to do right? (maybe not the last bit...)

We have seen other highly-paid players who sometimes go MIA - in fact our fearless leader has been accused of it in seasons past, with some 'flat track bully' accusations being thrown around. I don't agree with that either, but thats for another essay.

Indeed, it is this MIA attitude that I worry about most with our new signing Brooks. But I definitely don't have it with Turbo.

So nice little dig, but give him some dues - he ain't what you are painting him out to be.
Or, you could just read it and have a laugh... much better for your health.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8