Taufua is great but....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm fast thinking that now Will
I Am has been consigned to the nether regions that Hoorhay is the new whipping boy on Silvertails.

We just have to have one , it's not the same when there's none!

I've been whipping Jorge for a while now, I don't think unfairly .... I think Jorge could be assisted with some good sports psychology ...

Jorge is a very good, very damaging player for us, but unfortunately he also has some very sloppy aspects to his game, not the least being his ball control. Last night he went from great to diabolical to how in hell did he hold on to that ball at the end, all in the space of 80 minutes.

He's also a punishing defender.....but his reads lately have been horrible.

Since the club is dealing with so many changes to the playing and coaching staff, I would still let him gain his confidence back in first grade unless someone in the lower grades was demanding his spot on their own form right now. However if that day arrived, I like the idea mentioned about testing him out as a potential edge forward.
Strange to think he was once touted as an origin bolter and for a few seasons, very close one year. After he experienced a lay off period a few seasons ago just after Gutho's debut if I recall correctly, he reclaimed his wing spot after wolfman and gutho deputised but his body language and facial expressions seem to appear a bit more vacant than before. He then started mixing up his hair styles similar to Fuifui and other players at the time and I wondered if the quiet but very driven rookie was ever going to come back and pursue the rise he was on before. I'm not suggesting he's ever plodded since or lost the plot because his form has still been strong for the majority of time since. But I did notice a slight change to Jorge one day that I believe could be fixed up with some positive reinforcement from a sports psychologist or otherwise

Yeah Jorge has needed coaching on how to catch a bomb forever. The SKD try he is looking at SKD the entire time the ball is in the air. He has Zero chance of catching the ball.

Tafua is one of the worst wingers in the comp. He can't contest for the high ball, can't catch, can't tackle, poor defensive reads, he's as slow as a wet week. He was the reason we nearly lost against the chooks.

He's hardly great. Below average for mine.
Most disliked player in the side for me.

It's rare that an individual can cost a whole team a win, and he did everything in his power to cost us that game.

I was certainly cursing him to Hades Sat night. LOL.

Tafua is one of the worst wingers in the comp. He can't contest for the high ball, can't catch, can't tackle, poor defensive reads, he's as slow as a wet week. He was the reason we nearly lost against the chooks.

Yeah is is average at best for me, his one strong point is being able to bring back the ball strongly out of our own end of the field.

He scores tries others can't & is arguably in the top 3 power wingers... he needs to something about those hands & quickly....his drops in round 1 were overshadowed by the forwards being dominated, but had a big say in poor field position & only the desperation shown Saturday night saved his bacon again.
Also in defence, love his aggression ....when he makes the tackle.
2 out of 3 times he rushes in leaving his man unmarked which will be on the radar of EVERY Nrl coach today.
The word great is his strength, which is undeniable....but certainly outweighed by errors & poor judgement atm.

I am a Jorge fan but he does need some time in nsw cup to learn to jump for the ball when bombs go up instead of waiting for the player to come down with and going for him

I am a Jorge fan but he does need some time in nsw cup to learn to jump for the ball when bombs go up instead of waiting for the player to come down with and going for him

Not sure he will get that in NSW cup, I just think he needs to be taken aside with our backs coach (do we have one ?) , review the vision of the errors and practice practice practice .

Great in attack,ordinary at defence & terrible under the high ball.He needs to be taken aside at training and parked under the bomb machine for 1 hr a day.
In other news Hiku scored again..

He scores tries others can't & is arguably in the top 3 power wingers... he needs to something about those hands & quickly....his drops in round 1 were overshadowed by the forwards being dominated, but had a big say in poor field position & only the desperation shown Saturday night saved his bacon again.
Also in defence, love his aggression ....when he makes the tackle.
2 out of 3 times he rushes in leaving his man unmarked which will be on the radar of EVERY Nrl coach today.
The word great is his strength, which is undeniable....but certainly outweighed by errors & poor judgement atm.

Mate, most wingers in the comp nowadays can score jaw dropping sensational tries. What makes the difference is the other things, and frankly, he needs a kick up the ass.

Has to spend time in NSW Cup. Barrett said he picks on form, and Taufua is costing us week after week with his defensive crap and hands for feet, feet for hands catching.

Needs to go. Up there with most disliked for me, too.

Mate, most wingers in the comp nowadays can score jaw dropping sensational tries. What makes the difference is the other things, and frankly, he needs a kick up the ass.

Has to spend time in NSW Cup. Barrett said he picks on form, and Taufua is costing us week after week with his defensive crap and hands for feet, feet for hands catching.

Needs to go. Up there with most disliked for me, too.
Oops sorry for your much appreciated disapproval ....anyone else we can put on the stake for you???
Needs to correct some issues, but just as likely to score 2 against Souths & get a pat on the back.
Anyways , enjoy your drinks tonight.

Oops sorry for your much appreciated disapproval ....anyone else we can put on the stake for you???
Needs to correct some issues, but just as likely to score 2 against Souths & get a pat on the back.
Anyways , enjoy your drinks tonight.

Or what, pretend that he doesn't have flaws, and that he has a perfect game?

So we can all be a true supporter like you, and can only see fantastic performance in every dropped and fumbled ball?

No, Jorge could have easily cost us that game, and he also had a shocker in games 1 & 2.

I'll go back to my drinks, while you go back to your uppers, and disappear into that magical world of faeries, sugar blossoms, teddy bears, candy and fluffy white clouds.

Get real - FMD. **** play is **** play, like many, many others have said too, or is it back to their drinks for them too.

I would hate to think they thought anything but happy thoughts.

Guessing you think DCE is playing career best form, and is absolutely tearing his peers and opposition to pieces as well?

Mate, I'll put the drink down and have some of what your inhaling if it means I perceive Taufua as magnificent as you do.

Or what, pretend that he doesn't have flaws, and that he has a perfect game?

So we can all be a true supporter like you, and can only see fantastic performance in every dropped and fumbled ball?

No, Jorge could have easily cost us that game, and he also had a shocker in games 1 & 2.

I'll go back to my drinks, while you go back to your uppers, and disappear into that magical world of faeries, sugar blossoms, teddy bears, candy and fluffy white clouds.

Get real - FMD. **** play is **** play, like many, many others have said too, or is it back to their drinks for them too.

I would hate to think they thought anything but happy thoughts.

Guessing you think DCE is playing career best form, and is absolutely tearing his peers and opposition to pieces as well?

Mate, I'll put the drink down and have some of what your inhaling if it means I perceive Taufua as magnificent as you do.

You may have trouble reading or understanding the thread, that I initially started....regarding poor handling & bad defensive reads....also giving credit where its due - he is a powerful winger who can be a huge bonus IF the problem area's are corrected...again , something that I originally posted.
As for these fluffy white clouds??
Is that the name of your cafe that sells the good stuff that adds to your imagination - go back & come back something original....

Dropping him doesn't make sense, i almost pulled my hair out on Saturday but if Williame is the next in line then Jorge for me plz. There are things he can improve but the tries he scores for us are as good as any winger in the comp especially when he lowers his body. Also his power running off the line for us is invaluable keeping Snake and Skivvy away from direct hitups.

We are down a halfback for the next few weeks and that's all the changes we can handle atm.

This all reminds me of seasons past when ppl wanted Blair to replace Jorge and what happened in the end?

Jorge has some improvement but he is not far off

Like him or not I do not think we have anyone better at the moment. I do not think Goodall or Lavaka or whatever his name is are the answer from what I have seen. Considering the coaching staff think Williame is the next best option Tafua definitely stays in my side as the others must not be any better.

Yes, he had a couple of shockers on Saturday, but the good outweighs the bad for mine. Teams need a big angry man carting the ball back off the line after a kick (which hopefully we have actually caught). And I agree he's a great finisher. Dropsies could be improved on, but he'll get it right soon. He's a game breaker, as big as Hurrell, and does the hit-up work of an extra forward.

Attacking he's great
Defensively he's ****

Apart from his breakout year he's been defensively pretty **** ever since.

Surely with the worlds greatest defence coach now on staff that can be fixed.

So come on Seibold earn your pay!!!

You may have trouble reading or understanding the thread, that I initially started....regarding poor handling & bad defensive reads....also giving credit where its due - he is a powerful winger who can be a huge bonus IF the problem area's are corrected...again , something that I originally posted.
As for these fluffy white clouds??
Is that the name of your cafe that sells the good stuff that adds to your imagination - go back & come back something original....

I completely understand your thread, and I completely disagree (is that allowed?). His negatives far and away outweigh what positives he has in his kit bag.

Just like 95% of the other wingers in the game, he can finish, yes. But so could Robertson, Hicks, Williams. That doesn't make a great winger. It's the other things - catching, positional play, defensive work, communication with his centre and fullback, his support play, his metres after impact, his play the ball speed - so on and so forth.

Frankly, overall as a player, in my opinion he's a 4/10. There are some damned good wingers going around @maxta.

Now, to address your comment, "go back & come back something original", not exactly sure what your trying to say there, but the fact that I'm disagreeing, makes the reply original.

Have to ask though, with say 80% of the people in the thread(s) over the past few days commenting on his hands for feet, and feet for hands, why was it me your got all stroppy about when I stated the same?

Is it because I said DCE has been down and is out of form? Do you disagree with that?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6