Taufua [Merged (not yet a mega) Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
I agree Mark.In mature hands it is fine.Probably should have made my point clearer. I.e although it is absolutely not my cup of tea as an adult I can see some people find it useful But when mixed with children and young celebs it is a disaster zone.These are the formative years and they are so easily mislead.My daughter showed me some pictures her friend who was 11 received on Instagram a while back....it was absolutely shocking.

My nephews 16 year old girl friended me on Facebook, lord knows why, I accepted thinking I'd get an insight into their family.

Yes I got an insight all right, and holy dooly the crap these young ones put on AND the photos they share of each other would make your hair curl.

I sent her a message and said " thanks but no thanks" and I unfriended her.

But in the two or three weeks she was there it was certainly eye opening!!

Yeah he's been named in the starting side.

He's going to bet a sore neck from looking up this week.

I think that he'll start. Even though I disagree with it. 2 games in a Row he has cost us more than 2 tries. While I agree that Lyon gives better cover its no excuse. But him on the bench and use him as a forward. Much better than blair as a forward.

COMMANDER said:
Yeah he's been named in the starting side.

He's going to bet a sore neck from looking up this week.

Dogkinson will rain them down on him like there's no tomorrow, he's let two try's through in each of the last 2 games so I'd be guessing the average will apply to this one.

So that's a 12-0 start so far!!

Dogs right winger is a short-arse. Quite a good player actually but not a direct leaping threat against Jorge. He will also have his hands full if Jorge gets a charge at the line.

Horses for courses. Good chance for Jorge to regain his mojo.

Don't get me wrong about Jorge because I think he has the potential to be Manu like in his damaging runs.....we've seen that from him enough to know he can do it. And his defence, when he gets it right, well lets say I wouldn't like to run at him.

But seriously, I and probably a few others here saw 2 years ago that he was very suspect under the high ball and nothing has changed my mind. I'm just very surprised its taken this long for opposition teams to figure it out. I've been dreading the time when the others figured out that bombing Jorge gives a better than average chance of picking up a try.

Opposition halves bombing Jorge's wing has hurt us badly in the past 2 games. And while I'm not certain the Scumdogs have the wingers to take advantage of it, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Des direct Hodkinson and The Grub to bomb away when they are attacking our line on Saturday. And I doubt they'll be bombing Peta who is solid under the high ball.

I guess it's not a terrible idea from Tooves.

You don't build team morale by dropping blokes.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Dogs right winger is a short-arse. Quite a good player actually but not a direct leaping threat against Jorge. He will also have his hands full if Jorge gets a charge at the line.

I will guarantee you that Morris will be the one jumping, not the winger. Leaving Tafua in the side when Blair is sitting there ready to go is a failure on the part of the coaching staff. We are going to be murdered by the high ball.

It seems a symptom of the chaos at our club that the feelings of a WINGER are paramount in a qualifying final.

Not sure what all this stuff about running his confidence is all about.You simply pick the side that is best suited to beat the particular opposition each and every week.He is a talented but clearly is struggling , will be targeted and should be replaced.Maybe in Rd 4 or 5 you stay with him but to all intents and purposes this is probably the last game of the year.Very confusing,

The aim is to win the game not protect the mental well being of a winger with a long career ahead of him.The ONLY possible reason I can see that he has been selected is that the thinking is the season is gone and dropping him will achieve nothing.

Even though as a fan I do think we will get beaten this week that sort of thinking from the team selectors does worry me as there is plenty to be gained by giving the other guys a go .Even with a loss management could learn plenty about the credentials of Gutherson or Blair in such a pressure cooker game and we should be aiming to achieve as much as possible from this game even in defeat.

I hope that sort of thinking is not the case but in my many years of watching footy I don't think I have seen a bloke who is so obviously a liability maintain a place in such an important game.And Hiku ,although he doesn't attract as much attention is palpably lost in defence as well.Strange times indeed.

Ralphie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

I will guarantee you that Morris will be the one jumping, not the winger. Leaving Tafua in the side when Blair is sitting there ready to go is a failure on the part of the coaching staff. We are going to be murdered by the high ball.

Hiku can't even make a tackle, this Jorge hate isn't really smart when he still ****s on the spacer on the other side of the field who would be invisible if he could tackle

susan said:
It seems a symptom of the chaos at our club that the feelings of a WINGER are paramount in a qualifying final.

The aim is to win the game not protect the mental well being of a winger with a long career ahead of him.The ONLY possible reason I can see that he has been selected is that the thinking is the season is gone and dropping him will achieve nothing.

I hope that sort of thinking is not the case but in my many years of watching footy I don't think I have seen a bloke who is so obviously a liability maintain a place in such an important game.

I couldn't agree more with you @Susan, except I can't believe they'd think 'the season is gone'.....really? Isn't this what they've been playing for all year?!

I know, what other reason could there be for this selection, but it could be a smokescreen as has happened before. Just can't believe they'd throw the whole season away based on protecting the feelings of a player. :huh:

We're still alive as much as any other team and the best possible team to do the job should be selected, no matter what.

Ralphie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Interesting guarantee.
I think it's unlikely because Jorge and Morris play on opposite sides of the field.

Heard a strong rumour today that Jorge will play off the bench as a back rower and Blair will start on the wing

KaZa said:
Sheikheagle said:
Heard a strong rumour today that Jorge will play off the bench as a back rower and Blair will start on the wing

lets bloody hope so.

That would make sense. We need to have faith in Tooves. Jorge could have a great impact off the bench . Please be true. It is too stressful thinking about Jorge on the wing looking at bombs.

Brooke said:
KaZa said:
Sheikheagle said:

lets bloody hope so.

That would make sense. We need to have faith in Tooves. Jorge could have a great impact off the bench . Please be true. It is too stressful thinking about Jorge on the wing looking at bombs.

yeah i cringe everytime a bomb goes up now. I dont know why Brett just doesnt stay close to Tafua everytime they put one up and maybe take it for him lol

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8