Taupau on the move ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Taupau will be easily replaced, at a fraction of the cost. He is so over-rated on this website it is not funny. AFB is the one we don't want to lose. Is it any wonder Taupau has played for so many clubs...see ya!!
With Des back, there will be a few teething problems in 2019 and Taupau (0n 900,000k) is the first forward I would let walk.
"Is it any wonder Taupau has played for so many clubs"............Bulldogs & Tigers!! Wow "so many clubs"...oh yeah & Manly.

Now that Nappa has moved on, that must free up another 1million in the Rorters cap.:eek:

How long before Tapau is linked there again?

If the Rorters want he that’s where he’ll be going.

They can offer him a million a year for 5 years and no way we can match that.

Our only hope is the Rorters have someone else in mind , contracts mean nothing of course.

The “ other JT” from Townsville springs to mind.

If Marty does make the move and I mean IF - the chooks must pay full freight.

If they don’t want to do that Des should tell them to **** off. Simple!!

I’d be appalled , no worse than that if he left and I heard we were paying still.

I’d be playing hard ball and wanting a swap , Radley or Chrichton would do.

If Marty does make the move and I mean IF - the chooks must pay full freight.

If they don’t want to do that Des should tell them to **** off. Simple!!

That's akin to just releasing him. If the club did that (especially after Kelly), we'd be as dumb as bat ****.

I'd tell the Roosters 'politisly' to payout Marty's contract in full plus $1M extra in compensation or stick it where the proverbial sun does not shine!

I would take JWH back as a replacement
Yep, same here but I doubt they would let him go. More likely it would be an outside back if there is a player swap, like Tupou, so we would hope to get a player plus cash for Marty. Matterson, the one they let go to the Tigers, would have been handy...

That's akin to just releasing him. If the club did that (especially after Kelly), we'd be as dumb as bat ****.
You are right that it would be plain dumb unless the replacement comes from another club and has been lined up. In truth, I cannot think of many decent props on ok money that could be a target, which is why I hope the Roosters don’t try and get Marty.
My fear is that Des will try and get Tolman as apparently Des loves him. He certainly tries his guts out but he isn’t what he used to be.

Someone asked Buzz Rothfield this morning about the potential of Marty moving to the Roosters now - He said it won't happen.

Yep, same here but I doubt they would let him go. More likely it would be an outside back if there is a player swap, like Tupou, so we would hope to get a player plus cash for Marty. Matterson, the one they let go to the Tigers, would have been handy...

I'm assuming:

01. James Tedesco
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Latrell Mitchell
04. Joseph Manu or Mitchell Aubusson
05. Brett Morris or Ryan Hall
06. Luke Keary or Brock Lamb
07. Cooper Cronk

They are going to have some damned good quality players (either Morris or Hall) riding the pine this season.
You could play Aubusson in the backrow, but they have just acquired:
11. Angus Crichton to go with:
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Victor Radley

Then they have to squeeze the following blue-chip backrowers in there somewhere: Isaac Liu (Lock), Siosiua Taukeiaho (Lock), so not sure where Aubusson fits?

You are right that it would be plain dumb unless the replacement comes from another club and has been lined up. In truth, I cannot think of many decent props on ok money that could be a target, which is why I hope the Roosters don’t try and get Marty.
My fear is that Des will try and get Tolman as apparently Des loves him. He certainly tries his guts out but he isn’t what he used to be.
Was Tolman a very good player in the past, could've fooled me?

I'm assuming:

01. James Tedesco
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Latrell Mitchell
04. Joseph Manu or Mitchell Aubusson
05. Brett Morris or Ryan Hall
06. Luke Keary or Brock Lamb
07. Cooper Cronk

They are going to have some damned good quality players (either Morris or Hall) riding the pine this season.
You could play Aubusson in the backrow, but they have just acquired:
11. Angus Crichton to go with:
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Victor Radley

Then they have to squeeze the following blue-chip backrowers in there somewhere: Isaac Liu (Lock), Siosiua Taukeiaho (Lock), so not sure where Aubusson fits?
That is ridiculous really when you add their front row who are all Orign or test quality

Marty is fantastic. In a team coached by Des he could win a premiership
But Marty is at the stage of his career that he is looking for “the money” and instant gratification.
I actually spoke to him at the end of 2017 in the Brookie Hotel, and he was severely pissed off with the Bazathon. He sat by himself and didn’t mix with the rest of the team.
He is a champion bloke BTW
So, I am not knocking him, he is a lovely bloke. But he was not part of the crew. I was there and he spent 3 hours by himself, except for a visit from AFB
Interesting. I must admit that watching a couple of games live this year I noticed there wasn't a lot of "buy in" from Kapow in team huddles and post try stuff. He seems to spend time out the back with the trainer on his own. Not sure on his level of investment in the team, hopefully that was just a Barrett thing (as you have alluded to) and Des can fix that issue. Used correctly I think he has value, but the impression I get is he needs to roll the sleeves up and do a bit of the dirty work and be a bit more selective with the offloads. Second phase ball is great, but sometimes a line bending run and quick play the ball is what is needed. AFB outshines him in post contact metres so maybe Marty needs to lift in that area and play to the structures - rather than slipping a late offload when no one is expecting it and thee's no advantage from it.

That is ridiculous really when you add their front row who are all Orign or test quality
Most sides have 2-3 top line players, another 2-3 really good players and then the rest make up the numbers.

The Roosters probably have 10 top line, 5-8 really good and then the rest.

There’s no team anywhere close to that.

They could virtually field two NRL quality sides , bar maybe 6/7.

As they stand it’s hard to see them not going back to back!!

Was Tolman a very good player in the past, could've fooled me?
Depends on how you define very good. Sure, he has never been in the elite bracket but he was for a long time a very consistent performer, working hard in attack and defence. He often went under the radar due to the likes of Graham, Jackson and Klemmer. I think injuries have caught up with him though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10