Taupau on the move ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Marty Taupau on the move?

With Leeds securing the services of Panthers’ lock Trent Merrin, they are unlikely to make a move for Taupau as well.

However, Taupau is believed to be reluctant to work with new Manly coach Des Hasler, after the pair clashed at the Bulldogs.

Hasler has the burden of Manly’s salary cap issues to contend with, so offloading Taupau’s hefty contract would ease some cap pressure.

Taupau is coming of a career best season in terms of run metres and would be a handy addition to a number of NRL clubs.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...um=email&utm_campaign=crm&utm_content=control

Marty Taupau on the move?

With Leeds securing the services of Panthers’ lock Trent Merrin, they are unlikely to make a move for Taupau as well.

However, Taupau is believed to be reluctant to work with new Manly coach Des Hasler, after the pair clashed at the Bulldogs.

Hasler has the burden of Manly’s salary cap issues to contend with, so offloading Taupau’s hefty contract would ease some cap pressure.

Taupau is coming of a career best season in terms of run metres and would be a handy addition to a number of NRL clubs.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...um=email&utm_campaign=crm&utm_content=control

Hi Tookey, also rated a mention on Channel 7 this morning as well, that Taupau had issues with Des

Boo hoo Marty, tuffen up or ship out soon. Make a decision either way and lets get on with 2019 preparations with no sooks. We got rid of sook Barrett, don't need anymore.

If the Roosters lose Napa and gain Taupau and that doesn't prompt an immediate review of their bottomless salary cap, then that may well undo all the renewed interest I had from Des' return.

Their club is a mockery of the supposed "fairness" that the salary cap is creating.
Don't worry, if that transpires Taupau will be good for 2 games against Manly next year - that is all

Don't worry, if that transpires Taupau will be good for 2 games against Manly next year - that is all

Taupau will be easily replaced, at a fraction of the cost. He is so over-rated on this website it is not funny. AFB is the one we don't want to lose. Is it any wonder Taupau has played for so many clubs...see ya!!
With Des back, there will be a few teething problems in 2019 and Taupau (0n 900,000k) is the first forward I would let walk.

Last edited:
Personally I won't be to unhappy to lose the big unit . Although he does seem to have a go at times and can be destructive with ball in hand occasionally, he doesn't seem to me to be a team player . That said we'd be better chasing someone that puts in as much or more and on less coin .

Marty is a stat monster. Not a footballer. He knows how many metres he made when he comes off the field. He knows how many tackle busts. Unfortunately he knows what he can dead lift and squat but poor Marty didn't realise an ACL regenerating mutant called Kelepi Tanganoa was coming to wreck those stats. He is a decent athlete but let's face it he's not a front rower. I like him as a player but he's not AFB and he's not 900K. He will do well wherever he goes stats-wise. But I've never once seen him make a game-crucial play, like a lifting big hit or a run off the goal line.

In saying that he's only had API's service. Let's go Monnas and Ballin. Teach that terrifically gifted small man how to pass and push cook for rep selection.

It would have been hard to push yourself when ever your name was brought up by head coach TBaz all you heard was 'I love him,'

Pass or pass the role to Fainau and Cust.

Taupau will be easily replaced, at a fraction of the cost. He is so over-rated on this website it is not funny. AFB is the one we don't want to lose. Is it any wonder Taupau has played for so many clubs...see ya!!
With Des back, there will be a few teething problems in 2019 and Taupau (0n 900,000k) is the first forward I would let walk.
I agree that AFB is the one we don’t want to lose, he is an absolute beast. I want him to be a ‘lifer’ and if I was the club I would have no hesitation in signing him up on a 4 or 5 year deal.

But I am not so sure that Taupau would be easily replaced, at least in the short term given the lack of proven depth we have up front. He is certainly not the best front rower in the game, but he is in the top half dozen (Bromwich and Klemmer are the only ones that are in my mind clearly an upgrade on Taupau) or so and all of them on are on really good money. Shannon Boyd at the Titans and Junior Paulo at the Eels are on big dollars and I would have Taupau ahead of both any day of the week.

Marty is a stat monster. Not a footballer. He knows how many metres he made when he comes off the field. He knows how many tackle busts. Unfortunately he knows what he can dead lift and squat but poor Marty didn't realise an ACL regenerating mutant called Kelepi Tanganoa was coming to wreck those stats. He is a decent athlete but let's face it he's not a front rower. I like him as a player but he's not AFB and he's not 900K. He will do well wherever he goes stats-wise. But I've never once seen him make a game-crucial play, like a lifting big hit or a run off the goal line.

In saying that he's only had API's service. Let's go Monnas and Ballin. Teach that terrifically gifted small man how to pass and push cook for rep selection.

It would have been hard to push yourself when ever your name was brought up by head coach TBaz all you heard was 'I love him,'

Pass or pass the role to Fainau and Cust.
He was one of the best forwards last year if we lose him we are fkt! He plays big minutes and has a great offload. He is soft in defense for his size but his runs alone prove hes trying his best for the team. the guys a gun and under des with a proper game plan will goto another level imo. We need to keep him our other props are too raw, getting tupou would be a joke of a swap

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10