Taxation office's threat to Delmege

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=179388.msg209467#msg209467 date=1236172046]
Video of this incident can be found on the following url:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/video/0,,League%20news_11251,00.html
Despite the foxsport headline of "Manly Woes: Manly co-owner Frank Delmege blames the club for his cashflow problems" the clip does not contain any quotes from Max. I'm getting suspicious. Do you believe quotes in the Daily Terror?
[/quote]

Frank Delmege? Who the hell is Frank Delmege?
(This is not aimed at you MB but to Fox Sports as it is their quote)

If this was untrue about the tax issue I would expect Max to simply say it's B.S.

My take is that Penn knows to well that Max has financial issues and like the weasel he is he set out to embarrass him in the media.

Poor form IMHO.

Remember people Penn was the first one to discuss the money owed in a press comference while announcing a new sponsor!

The Leeds crowd had the class to applaud Rob Burrow in appreciation when he was smashed off the footy field by Watmough, unable to continue.

If the Global financial crisis did the equivalent to Delmege (not a prediction) would we Manly fans have similar class?

That dude was soft. He walked off looking OK to me.

If he had any nuts he would've come back on.

byso link said:
That dude was soft. He walked off looking OK to me.

If he had any nuts he would've come back on.

Yeah Byso, but if he came back on he'd not only have nuts, he'd be nuts.  Watmough would've simply KO'd the little dude again.

Maybe the crowd was actually applauding the coach's decision to replace the smallest man in the league with about the biggest.

To answer the question posed by Rex I would rise and applaud Delmege for his role in saving the club. I think he has earned every plaudit.

I don't really know the ins and outs of what inter-owner feud is but I have to say the Penns have acquitted themselves better and more credibly in their public utterings. I agree though it shouldn't have been aired in the first place but perhaps the tension and frustration of bills unpaid was too much.

To me the major collateral damage is Grant Mayer who seems to have been knifed for personal reasons. Considering there is no league official who seems to have done a better job over the past two years (actually I hope, unrealistically, if Mayer leaves he replaces Gallop) that is not the way to professionally run a club.

I hope Delmege recovers financially and can stay involved with the club, that he obviously loves. But I wish him to stop blaming the club for his troubles and to at least tolerate proven good operators who have contributed to our wonderful success, even if that means swallowing a bit of pride.

Internal politics is a wonderous thing. I agree with Byso about factions in the club trying to take advantage of Max's situation. In all my dealings with Max, he has been above reproach, kind and generous. Above all he loves Manly! It's players and fans alike. I have never heard or seen him do anything that would hurt anything Manly. With all the media attention recently Max would be deeply hurt and personally insulted over the treatment he's received.

So this begs the question. What the hell is the board thinking or doing?

This is so North Sydneyish (politically speaking). Grasping defeat and failure from the success the club has had last year and most likely this year.

Wonder what's next? Because the ground improvements are on hold - are we moving to the Central Coast?

Arko-admirer link said:
To answer the question posed by Rex I would rise and applaud Delmege for his role in saving the club. I think he has earned every plaudit.

I don't really know the ins and outs of what inter-owner feud is but I have to say the Penns have acquitted themselves better and more credibly in their public utterings. I agree though it shouldn't have been aired in the first place but perhaps the tension and frustration of bills unpaid was too much.

To me the major collateral damage is Grant Mayer who seems to have been knifed for personal reasons. Considering there is no league official who seems to have done a better job over the past two years (actually I hope, unrealistically, if Mayer leaves he replaces Gallop) that is not the way to professionally run a club.

I hope Delmege recovers financially and can stay involved with the club, that he obviously loves. But I wish him to stop blaming the club for his troubles and to at least tolerate proven good operators who have contributed to our wonderful success, even if that means swallowing a bit of pride.
Great post. Exactly what I think, though watch out for the knives!!!!

Mellon, internal politics is not a nice thing - though inevitable in any organisation. It is nothing new, to us or any club.

Max has been generous (he saved our club)

I am not sure the board has taken any action for or against him - so I am not sure what you are talking about there. The main issue has been the vote to not renew Mayer's contract, though Max's support of that decision, with the Footaball Club and Leagues Club board members, in opposition to Penns.

What has happened since then is various members of the board (Penn, Max and Football Club members - via Bob Reilly) all justifying their position.

Penn and Max have both used (or been used) by the media to stir up the dispute. The Telegraph seems to be sympathetic to Penns and Weidler seem to be getting information from Max.

Much club politics stays behind closed doors and many controversies in the past have never seen the light of day.

Clearly there is a power struggle, for whatever reasons.

However, what is not happening is a campaign by anyone to move to the Central Coast - see Penn's statement on mwse.com.au

A quote from Mr Canteen, "Max has been generous, He saved our club".  Thank you Lord.  At last an admission squeezed from the Great Disingenuous One.  "Generous"! You are such a hard marker Canteen.  "Generous' indeed.    

Fluffy link said:
John Howard also said there would never be a GST after Hewsons failure

Howard was a compulsive liar, or to put his spin on it a "consummate politician". Hopefully neither Penn nor Delmege are tarred with the same brush as that little grub.

DSM5 link said:
A quote from Mr Canteen, \"Max has been generous, He saved our club\".  Thank you Lord.  At last an admission squeezed from the Great Disingenuous One.  \"Generous\"! You are such a hard marker Canteen.  \"Generous' indeed.    
Care to look through the various threads on the matter, you will note that it was said by me many times. It was never his past actions in question, nor his generosity, more the decision not to renew the contract of Grant Mayer. Past actions = good. Current actions = question mark!!!  I asked the same of the football club. Again they may have had their reasons, it is just that we didn't know what they were. (It looked to me as if there were personal issues rather than good football ones, which is where I became concerned!

Hopefully this issue will slide into the abyss and the talk will be footy related.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=179388.msg209642#msg209642 date=1236302529]
John Howard also said there would never be a GST after Hewsons failure

Howard was a compulsive liar, or to put his spin on it a "consummate politician". Hopefully neither Penn nor Delmege are tarred with the same brush as that little grub.
[/quote]

me too however when it comes to politics of any sort never trust anything said 100% something CW seems to be doing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7