Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Our makeshift number 9's main struggle is keeping up with the finesse of the more skillful and crafty dominant hookers that are very influential in winning big games
i dont really disagree, just curious if the data sample disco kindly supplied was reflective of his game overall. no doubt we need saving and a kick arse hooker would be very helpful.

he might help balance the cap with a fully functioning spine but we are so far from that he sticks out like a cold nipple

i dont really disagree, just curious if the data sample disco kindly supplied was reflective of his game overall. no doubt we need saving and a kick arse hooker would be very helpful.

he might help balance the cap with a fully functioning spine but we are so far from that he sticks out like a cold nipple
You dont need stats to see the stand out hookers that make a big impact and leave their mark on the game feathered friend

The Good news is we have one of those quality hookers named Gordon Tong and I hope it wont be too long before we see him given the opportunity

We need more tackle machines like Jake. When he's out DCE made most tackles. Pathetic from our forwards who played big minutes. Bully and Burbo are hard workers.
Lot of teams have at least one lean mean tackling machine back rower. Players like Murray, Yeo, Hudson Young, Martin, Sorenson.

Manly on the other hand has fielded 2 giant second rowers who can certainly damage in attack but just aren't mobile enough to rack up 30-40 tackles per game. Plus Aloiai at lock, a big bopper prop.

Understandable because they'd be considered in our best 17 (Tuilagi played the World Cup final and has promise though he's also clearly a work in progress) but puts too much pressure on jake and Croker to keep the middle tight.

Now with several boppers unavailable we might see a different style pack this week - and it might end up as a positive change.

Don't get the Croker to lock push.

Sure, he is good defensively and he could ball play a little but lets not forget lock is still a middle forward. Your best locks in Yeo, Murray, Carrigan go forward plus have solid defense and have a pass.

I dont see croker taking 10 plus hitups and making 100 plus metres.

Our edges aren't big yardage guys so croker at lock leaves yardage simply to our two props.

Crazy IMO
Can Burbo become THAT player??

No Aloiai is an improvement before we start.
The return of Jake is huge.
GCKT and Fletcher Myers now available.
And The Schu.

This is where you earn your money Seibold. What? You have to actually earn it?

That'd be it. Now what have you got?
I'd bring Gordon and Myers up immediately, sadly Parker is a liability at present and it's long overdue that we ran an actual nine, Croker defends well but his service and general play at dummy half have long let us down badly, Gordon or even Roache would sharpen our attack and improve our points scoring ability beyond measure

1 Turbo /Weekes
2 Saab
3 Koula
4 Parker
6 Shu/ Humphries
7 Chez
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Jake/ Keppie
11 Oka
12 Burbo
13 Lawton

14 Gordon
15 Samuel
16 Bully
17 Woods/ Keppie/ Toff
I'd give Myers a run in the four and send Parker to ressies, it seems to me that his confidence is down at present and a stint in 2nds might do him good

I was actually thinking he just needs a rest. He is battered and could do with a mid year bye to freshen up. If he goes back to Blacktown he'd only end up doing more work.
Then the question would be if his replacement performed better than him while he was out, do you then cast his replacement aside to fit him back in, when he comes back it. If the answer is yes, then I can't see how this is logical.

I'd bring Gordon and Myers up immediately, sadly Parker is a liability at present and it's long overdue that we ran an actual nine, Croker defends well but his service and general play at dummy half have long let us down badly, Gordon or even Roache would sharpen our attack and improve our points scoring ability beyond measure
It's worth thinking about, we are down 4 fwds as well. May as well go the whole hog and really shake up the makeup of this weeks team. Just on us down 4 fwds, jeez...wish we still had Fafita and Tuliviake.

Meyers has been pushing his case for a while. Good time to put him in.
Not so sure about it being a good time. Already a lot of disruption in the forwards and hopefully we'll have a new 5/8 this week. Still need some team stability.

I agree Myers looks good I'm sure he'll get a debut at some stage, maybe later this year.

Not so sure about it being a good time. Already a lot of disruption in the forwards and hopefully we'll have a new 5/8 this week. Still need some team stability.

I agree Myers looks good I'm sure he'll get a debut at some stage, maybe later this year.
I doubt we will be even be in the 8 come September, not much to lose.

Can I throw it out there that we massively overate Crokers defensive ability.

Dont get me wrong, he is a good defender but his is not some sort of defensive rock.

He has a tackle efficiency of 86% that rates him 23rd of players who have played hooker at NRL level this year.

So 23rd best defensive hooker based on tackle efficiency.

Now if your arguement is his huge defensive workload, well he is only 10th for hookers in terms of average tackles per game.

He is equal 3rd though for average missed tackles per game with 3 per match.

Now if we want to compare him with his Manly cohort. He actually has only the 11th best tackle efficiency. He does have the 2nd most tackles but also the most missed.

This is not to bag his defence, as he is a pretty good defender but the way people talk his defense you would think he is top tier and he certainly is not
He's a Raiders cast-off. Played 1 game in 2 years there. He's been average since day one and how anyone could possibly think that a team would be some sort of premiership threat with him at #9 is in lala land. Every other team has an attacking impact #9 to some extent. We have zero.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8