Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Am I the only one that is starting to think (very quietly) the Club is scared of dropping Aloiai in case there is a player revolt??
100% that’s what they are scared of!
Pretty smart from Aloiai really, positioned himself as the Reverend, father type figure to the Pasifica youngsters. To bad he’s playing rubbish football.

100% that’s what they are scared of!
Pretty smart from Aloiai really, positioned himself as the Reverend, father type figure to the Pasifica youngsters. To bad he’s playing rubbish football.
Sing It Again Coming To America GIF by Amazon Prime Video

This 17 shows just how bare the cupboard has become.

Cannot believe woods is getting picked. He had no effect on anything at all.

I seethe with rage when I see him come on and take a hit up with less intensity than grandma on a Zimmer frame.

He is the worst player I’ve seen get selected week in, week out

This 17 shows just how bare the cupboard has become.

Cannot believe woods is getting picked. He had no effect on anything at all.

I seethe with rage when I see him come on and take a hit up with less intensity than grandma on a Zimmer frame.

He is the worst player I’ve seen get selected week in, week out
He’s starting to look like our 2023 version of Myles.

I'm a bit stunned to see the Shoe still at 6 and in the starting 13. Each of our bench players would have touched the ball more than our five eight last week.

The shoe looks disinterested on the field.

Looks like we will watch another week of the same old same.
Never fear - the word is that the Shoe will be laced with stimulants this week (legal of course) so he'll be on fire.

Never heard it mentioned that you can use that money to top up a player.
Pretty sure it is only available to sign a "like-for-like" player extra to the cap.
RTS would heave been great but we asked and he's not available.
I can't think of anyone else who is a) available and b) would improve the team, even for depth.
It's not much of a compensation scheme really, more of a token gesture scheme.
You're correct. As I understand it, the salary cap dispensation can only be used for a like-for-like player. Seibold said in his presser after round 17 (being a few days after Tom was injured in Origin-2), they would be looking for an outside back to replace Tom but there weren't many available.

When asked about RTS, he advised he wasn't available. I believe the reason was that he hadn't played union for a while and that it would take him (strangely) about 6 weeks to get match-fit.

The only suitable players I could think of at the time were Xavier Savage (who has since done is hammy and out for 6 weeks) and Daine Laurie (who's supposedly going to Penrith next year), but nothing's happened. Can anyone think of any other candidates? Maybe it's a case of they've given up as nobody's available...

(I've been wondering why there hasn't been a thread on the subject of Turbo's replacement, and was considering starting one, but have now used here seeing this subject has been raised.)

That'll do me. Siebold is a deadset goose. How the hell does Woods get picked for the fourth week in a row? Attention Anthony - in your press conference you mentioned how our bench forwards had no impact. Do you realise Woods has had the least impact of all our forwards? Although, he does have a big impact in the way he helps the opposition stroll through our guts I suppose.

I’m no fan of Aloiai but he went much better than Sipley last week so I can understand why Toff was punted.
Toff and Woods are the two who should have been flicked. I knew Lodge was going to be picked, but I really thought it would be at the expense of Sharon. The best thing old Woodsy did was moonlighting as Brad Parker's horse during his try celebration. Astounding!

Re: Sea Eagles players and their managers.

Strange though, it names who the managers are and how many players they have, but it does not name which players are with which manager.

Should have a couple of ** next to Moses for the impending arrival of Brooks and Talau.

Don’t get what they wanted to get from
Releasing this info? That Tartak has 2 more players at the club than Moses? If the Fainu bros leave they swap places on that list?

Never heard it mentioned that you can use that money to top up a player.
Pretty sure it is only available to sign a "like-for-like" player extra to the cap.
RTS would heave been great but we asked and he's not available.
I can't think of anyone else who is a) available and b) would improve the team, even for depth.
It's not much of a compensation scheme really, more of a token gesture scheme.

You're correct. As I understand it, the salary cap dispensation can only be used for a like-for-like player. Seibold said in his presser after round 17 (being a few days after Tom was injured in Origin-2), they would be looking for an outside back to replace Tom but there weren't many available.

When asked about RTS, he advised he wasn't available. I believe the reason was that he hadn't played union for a while and that it would take him (strangely) about 6 weeks to get match-fit.

The only suitable players I could think of at the time were Xavier Savage (who has since done is hammy and out for 6 weeks) and Daine Laurie (who's supposedly going to Penrith next year), but nothing's happened. Can anyone think of any other candidates? Maybe it's a case of they've given up as nobody's available...

(I've been wondering why there hasn't been a thread on the subject of Turbo's replacement, and was considering starting one, but have now used here seeing this subject has been raised.)

Key points of the proposal include:
  • Clubs to receive a salary cap exemption for the pro-rata value of the injured player’s contract, up to a maximum of $350,000;
  • There is no limit on the number of players from each club entitled to salary cap relief if they suffer a long term injury in a representative match;
  • If the club has a place left in their Top 30 squad, the injured player must be ruled out for a minimum of 12 matches and cannot make an early return, and;
  • If the club does not have a roster spot left, they can sign a 31st player but the injured player must be ruled out for the season.
Source:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8