Team of the Decade (2000-2010)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1.Andrew Walker
2.Anthony Suniula
3.David Vaeleki
4.Jye Mullane
5.Scott Donald
6.Micheal Witt
7.Craig Field
8.Grant Wooden
9.Chad Randall
10.Damian Driscoll
11.Mark Bryant
12.Adam Cutherberthson
13.Chris Bailey

14.Kane Cleal
15.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
16.Vic Mauro
17.Shane Neuman

18.Terry Hill

Coach Peter Sharp

Beat that for a bad team!

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=eagleE link=topic=186220.msg311149#msg311149 date=1294448269]
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186220.msg311102#msg311102 date=1294378238]
alternate team

1.Brendon Reeves
2.Andrew Hunter
3.Shane Neumann
4.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
5.Alf Duncan
6.Luke Dorn
7.Jeff Robson
8.Grant Wooden
9.Chad Randall
10.Damian Driscoll
11.Jack Afamasaga
12.Nathan Tutt
13.Chris Bailey

14.Greg Ebrill
15.Neil Tierney
16.Jim Curtis
17.Michael Witt

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294378298[/time]

gee we had some ordinary players over the years

Who was that numbnuts prop we took from the Dragons(not Tierney). Was it Leikvoll? What about the other numbnuts centre we got from France who previously played for Parra , the Kiwi dude. Played 2 games. Those would have to be the worst players we have ever taken. Tesesa Lavea would need to be in that team somewhere.
Reeves I thought was a very good unheralded player in the same mould as Patten from the dogs. Very much undervalued.
[/quote]

David Vaeleki
[/quote]in his prime in the early 2000`s he was a good player for parra  & NZ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294452741[/time]

Shane link said:
1.Andrew Walker
2.Anthony Suniula
3.David Vaeleki
4.Jye Mullane
5.Scott Donald
6.Micheal Witt
7.Craig Field
8.Grant Wooden
9.Chad Randall
10.Damian Driscoll
11.Mark Bryant
12.Adam Cutherberthson
13.Chris Bailey

14.Kane Cleal
15.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
16.Vic Mauro
17.Shane Neuman

18.Terry Hill

Coach Peter Sharp

bit harsh on andrew walker shane ..  played union for wallabies & gave league a good go.. he was a good schemer with ball in hand, could do anything ,good boot on him too..  talented.. he just went walk about...

Shane link said:
The walkabout is the reason he makes my alternate team of the decade
yeah ok but he shouldn`t  be ranked with them nobodies he did acomplish more than them , we just got him at the back end of his career..

jjai link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186220.msg311159#msg311159 date=1294453098]
The walkabout is the reason he makes my alternate team of the decade
yeah ok but he shouldn`t  be ranked with them nobodies he did acomplish more than them , we just got him at the back end of his career..
[/quote]

i was wrong,he was banned for 2 years for huffing cocaine,he went walkabout from wallabies or something else

Either way his a future mundine

C1bCCIqo.jpeg

Shane link said:
1.Andrew Walker
2.Anthony Suniula
3.David Vaeleki
4.Jye Mullane
5.Scott Donald
6.Micheal Witt
7.Craig Field
8.Grant Wooden
9.Chad Randall
10.Damian Driscoll
11.Mark Bryant
12.Adam Cutherberthson
13.Chris Bailey

14.Kane Cleal
15.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
16.Vic Mauro
17.Shane Neuman

18.Terry Hill

Coach Peter Sharp

Not a fan of Tezza?  He may have played a season or two too many but he was a gun in the 90s.  Did you create the 18th man just for him?

Tezza only wasnt injured when we were finals bound,he sniffed around the shop and done more or less nothing of note but take a spot in the centres when he wasnt "injured"

Yes i made 18th man just for him

Im talking about the end of his career,i barely remember the 90s besides Tooves,Elsegood,Hancock,Ridge,Roberts and ofcourse Cliffy

Ant80 link said:
Does ayone know what happened to Anthony Colella?

Though not the biggest player was all heart and always liked him

Pretty sure he went to Canberra for a couple of seasons, not sure after that. He certainly wasn't the worst player we ever had, reminded me of OJ quite a bit.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Bit harsh on Mark Bryant as well, I thought he did quite well for us in 2008-09

That team is my opinion only and most likely not backed by anyone else,but everytime Bryant played the ball after 1st catching it and holding it through a tackle,i cheered a little

He had  butterfingers

Ant80 link said:

Played with canberra in 2000 and 2001. Souths in 2002 and finished off in the ESL at huddesfield 2003.

I noticed the name Sam murphy is that list of manly players.....whatever happened to that guy? He was suppose to be the next big thing in the fullback industry....then vanished off the face of the RL earth.

why would you rate Andrew Walker as a 'bad' player? I mean he did actually do really well for us in 2004. I was quite disappointed when he screwed up again, he could have had a great finish to his career with us. And I reckon labelling NBQ, Randall and Bryant is a bit harsh too.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294578626[/time]

eagleE link said:
Who was that numbnuts prop we took from the Dragons(not Tierney). Was it Leikvoll? What about the other numbnuts centre we got from France who previously played for Parra , the Kiwi dude. Played 2 games. Those would have to be the worst players we have ever taken. Tesesa Lavea would need to be in that team somewhere.
Reeves I thought was a very good unheralded player in the same mould as Patten from the dogs. Very much undervalued.

That Dragons prop might have been Ian Donnelly who played for us in 2004? That former Parra and Kiwi player would have been David Vaeliki. He was quite possibly Cleal's worst recruitment. I remember I had high hopes for him. He was quite good in his Parra days though, just very injury prone. Agree with you about Reeves. 

Pablo link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186220.msg311170#msg311170 date=1294478307]

Played with canberra in 2000 and 2001. Souths in 2002 and finished off in the ESL at huddesfield 2003.

I noticed the name Sam murphy is that list of manly players.....whatever happened to that guy? He was suppose to be the next big thing in the fullback industry....then vanished off the face of the RL earth.
[/quote]

How about his first few games in the finals series.  They were outstanding.  I remember he smashed Freddy in a game against the Chooks.  I thought we had a new Terry Randall on our hands but alas things didn't quite work out that way.  Good player but had a heap of back problems.  Probably caused by him trying to bulk up in the gym to make up for his lack of size.

i agree with chip he was similar to cunningham in his running style.. i liked him he did his job he would have got more game time but he had gartner, haumono & cunningham in front of him

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294651221[/time]

& another thing neil tierney was good for us especially when carroll & roberts went off him  &  gillespie held the fort well, till  the starting props come back on..  bozo did well with him the way he used him..  he ran hard  in his short stints during games.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6