Team vs. Newcastle (Plus pre game waffle)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You would hope that you don’t need to call on the 18th man so it makes sense that Jono went.
Much more beneficial for the young guys to play ressies than twiddle their thumbs in Gladstone isn’t it?

It would have made more sense to take someone like Tom Wright. As some have noted from watching Blacktown this year, Tom may not be quite ready for first grade just yet (though now he is where they want him - centre - that might change soon), but he's got a lot more to give than Jono Wright has. And seeing as he would have ended up on the wing with Parker being a very late scratching, it would have been better to give someone like Tom Wright a go.

Even if Parker had ended up playing, the experience of being away with the first grade squad (yeah I know, Gladstone.....) wouldn't have been such a bad thing for someone like Tom Wright. And it might have had a psychological effect that he knows he's in contention for first grade which might have made him play better for Blacktown knowing that good performances were getting noticed.

I can understand Matthew Wright being first drop for backline injuries.....but Jono Wright shouldn't even be 2nd or 3rd drop.

Last edited:
It would have made more sense to take someone like Tom Wright. As some have noted from watching Blacktown this year, Tom may not be quite ready for first grade just yet (though now he is where they want him - centre - that might change soon), but he's got a lot more to give than Jono Wright has. And seeing as he would have ended up on the wing with Parker being a very late scratching, it would have been better to give someone like Tom Wright a go.

Even if Parker had ended up playing, the experience of being away with the first grade squad (yeah I know, Gladstone.....) wouldn't have been such a bad thing for someone like Tom Wright. And it might have had a psychological effect that he knows he's in contention for first grade which might have made him play better for Blacktown knowing that good performances were getting noticed.

I can understand Matthew Wright being first drop for backline injuries.....but Jono Wright shouldn't even be 2nd or 3rd drop.
If only I could give MULTIPLE winner emojis or whatever they’re called.

Realistically, I reckon we're 50/50 in this one. The knights are competitive this year regardless of Pearce. We have seen what Manly can do when their heads are in the right place - and they catch the ball.
If the refs screw us this week the club really should gathering some stats to put a case forward.
Hopefully we beat the knights and the refs and bring some faith back to Brookie and some sanity to the forum.
Go Manly!

A few reasons -

The streak started on the back of being about to "win a Premiership"
Then ambushed with penalties and from the Penthouse to the outhouse in confidence.

The media has ensured they will not be cocky and after being humbled 3 straight....this game will show if they are prepared to fight on in 2018 or roll over and have a chop at the spoon.....

I feel they will be in a headspace of Play hard for 80 minutes - no excuses, which is enough to take care of a Pearceless Knights.

1 of us will be right - I guess will know in about 21 hours...

I’m not actually suggesting they won’t do that , just saying they haven’t showed it for the last 3 weeks so what makes this week different ( which you explained)

Realistically, I reckon we're 50/50 in this one. The knights are competitive this year regardless of Pearce. We have seen what Manly can do when their heads are in the right place - and they catch the ball.
If the refs screw us this week the club really should gathering some stats to put a case forward.
Hopefully we beat the knights and the refs and bring some faith back to Brookie and some sanity to the forum.
Go Manly!

50/50 at best!

For the life of me I cannot see what we are still the bookies favourites, as we were the last 3 weeks.

Whilst I appreciate all of @maxta ’s comments and the fact they will be hungrier ( maybe) I can’t help feel they are at their lowest ebb for years, have little confidence , have some of their better players injured.

Add to that the penalty count and subsequent error count in the last 3 games and if that continue the result will be the same.

It’s more likely our turnaround will come against an unlikely opponent, one of the front runners ( we’ve done that so many times in the past).

Anyway , fingers crossed and I’ve tipped them ( maybe I should change to the Knights).

If we can manage to get some form of possession in the opening 20 minutes with AFB and Marty actually making some hit ups rather than having to tackle for their entire first stint on the field, I think we'll be in with a great chance.

On another note there's a $10 pie and beer deal down there tonight, not an outrageously discounted deal, but it's something!

...and feed them waffle

waffle.jpg

It is probable that Tom Wright is in Barrett's mind, and that is why he is in the original 21. But he obviusly wants him to keep playing, not be sitting out as a resreve. Jonno Wright is one of the 19 possibly because he is not needed in the Reggies. Strange logic, but it could make sense. I think he has Tom Wright ear marked for a first grade appearance fairly soon, otherwise he would not have twice had him to the final 21.

@1969 sorry, just my fat thumbs trying to hit agree lol... no you're spot on and what happened last night, give away penalty on 3rd tackle .... arghh :(

My tipping with Maroon and white glasses gets me in trouble @Mark from Brisbane .... not quite the 22 point win I tipped (hoped for)
Explains my position in the 2018 tipping comp
My problem - will be on them next week vs Chooks....all good, I should get a winner by round 26....maybe!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10