Team Vs Raiders?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a massive Hodges fan who previously started threads relating to his value in the modern game - I am 50/50 of his input atm...
The problem is - Manly need to be bending the line & winning the contacts in the ruck area for this style of player to exploit the defence, usually off a quicker play the ball.
Segeyaro & Luke are blessed in this area.
The forwards have struggled to crack the 100m mark & though not a stats man - have also not looked liked penetrating through the middle, often playing laterally.
To be fair theres another side that says we need something more - a point of difference to whats been on offer recently.
If we had 1-2 big boppers to break down the guts, he would be a must imo.

I think Matai will pull out again this week and Tom T will come in on the wing with Hiku moving to centres. Tooves had planned to give him a taste at some point of the season (only one or two games not any more than that) and our current injuries will push this forward to the weekend.

It will be a game day announcement to keep the pressure off him.

I have a feeling Matai will drop out due to injury and Rudolph will take his spot and kick goals.

anyone think wolfie is a chance?
Yeah for sure. I said Tom, as this would be the time if he is ever going to get a run this year. Toovey indicated at the start of the year that we will probably see Tom get a taste, so maybe it's now given his electric form and the plethora of injuries. Having said that, probability would be greater in Wolfman's favour.

As a massive Hodges fan who previously started threads relating to his value in the modern game - I am 50/50 of his input atm...
The problem is - Manly need to be bending the line & winning the contacts in the ruck area for this style of player to exploit the defence, usually off a quicker play the ball.
Segeyaro & Luke are blessed in this area.
The forwards have struggled to crack the 100m mark & though not a stats man - have also not looked liked penetrating through the middle, often playing laterally.
To be fair theres another side that says we need something more - a point of difference to whats been on offer recently.
If we had 1-2 big boppers to break down the guts, he would be a must imo.
The dogs game is looking more and more like the one that got away. Live I thought our forwards shaded them. According to nrl stats we outran them by over 200 metres!

Now I reckon the loss is totally down to Dce and horo dropping it cold numerous times. Good game by our forwards that one.

Last edited:
The naming of our side for this weekends game tells me two things.

1. The Wolfman is definitely on the outer. Unless more backs get injured he'll be stuck in NSW Cup for most (if not all) of the season.

2. Hasson must have pictures of Tooves with a goat or two.

One thing I am pleased to see is Tooves resisting temptation to give Tom T a run in first grade. I'd rather the see the kid develop physically in the U/20's and NSW Cup before getting thrown into the NRL side.

The naming of our side for this weekends game tells me two things.

1. The Wolfman is definitely on the outer. Unless more backs get injured he'll be stuck in NSW Cup for most (if not all) of the season.

2. Hasson must have pictures of Tooves with a goat or two.

One thing I am pleased to see is Tooves resisting temptation to give Tom T a run in first grade. I'd rather the see the kid develop physically in the U/20's and NSW Cup before getting thrown into the NRL side.
Blair is the one with the goat pictures.
Wolfman should be there for sure. Blair is a hole in the defence that teams are strolling through.
Hes good under the high ball but id rather take the chance on the bounce than the certain "come on in"on the wing.

Blair is a shocker at coming in off his wing. I have never played league but played rep oztag, rugby and touch on the wing and all my coaches ever taught me was never come in unless u absolutely have to as the cover defence will have to run further.

Understand that when there is an over lap and a ball and all tackle is needed but Blair just runs in for any reason. U gotta hold your shape in d.

I agree bring in wolf for Blair.

1 Stewart
2 Williams
3 Williame
4 Matai
5 Hiku
6 Rudolph
7 Cherry Evans
8 L.Burgess
8 Ballin
10 Sene Lefao
11 Trbojevic
12 Buhrer
13 Lui

14 Hodges
15 Symonds
16 Sao
17 Mason

F**k foran

I think Matai will pull out again this week and Tom T will come in on the wing with Hiku moving to centres. Tooves had planned to give him a taste at some point of the season (only one or two games not any more than that) and our current injuries will push this forward to the weekend.

It will be a game day announcement to keep the pressure off him.

Good call pjayz spot on!!!

Hope we score a lot of tries because if it a close one we will struggle again with bloody goal kicking.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2