Team you're backing now Manly are out.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Broncs have cap issues anyway, after Haas signed on to his monster deal. He wont be the last, Broncs are a bit like Penrith, they have a big pool of jnrs to choose from who are all keen to play for the Broncs, and most on modest sign on money.
Sounds like the Dolphins have a healthy future then.

Maybe the Warriors to get their i st title but probably will be not good enough to go all the way
Wonder if the Storm can come into calculations and if Pappy can return in time to offer something .
Limited interest in general however with Manly out of contention .

1. Penrith, simply because they produce the best footballers and have many of them poached each season by Doesn'tmatta and Canterbury. They also appear to stick to the Cap, unlike Easts.
2. Newcastle. From no-hoppers to contenders. I admire their fightback.
3. The Worriers. Ditto Newcastle reasoning.

I don't pretend that I like people, places or things I don't.

I'll never pretend to support another football club for a week or two.

I will watch the finals because I love the sport.

I'll enjoy watching clubs I despise get knocked out each week.
As will all of us. Until one arsehole team is holding up the trophy at season’s end.

Maybe the Warriors to get their i st title but probably will be not good enough to go all the way
Wonder if the Storm can come into calculations and if Pappy can return in time to offer something .
Yes, I agree. If Manly were to ever fold, there's no way I could ever follow another team after so many years. I have a mate that is from the Gong and was a Steelers man through and through. And then when they merged he couldn't stomach supporting a hybrid with the Dragons. So he started following the Rabbits coz he was living near the Olympic Stadium when they started playing there. And now it's as if he'd been following them all his life. I often joke about what he would do if the Steelers suddenly found their way back into the comp. Crickets.

Is it also old news to mention that it still feels a bit odd for a foreign team to win the Australian rugby League competition?? I mean, it is the NRL not the IRL. Ok there, I said it @:D

Warriors because always had a soft spot for them.

Then Newcastle because I've had a soft spot for Hastings ever since I feel he got shafted by Barrett, always thought he was a good player.

I was filthy in '95 and '97 when, we, as clearly the best team in the comp all year, didn't win the GF.

Penrith are the best team. As much as I can't stand Luai and all the crap he goes on with, Penrith deserve to win again. It's up to the rest to figure out a way to stop them.

I was filthy in '95 and '97 when, we, as clearly the best team in the comp all year, didn't win the GF.

Penrith are the best team. As much as I can't stand Luai and all the crap he goes on with, Penrith deserve to win again. It's up to the rest to figure out a way to stop them.
They all have a player I can’t stand…
Walsh, Trell, Cam, Walker (Dylan and Cody), JWH, Gutho/Moses, Hastings, Rapana, Mulitalo… even Manly…

Pretty hard to get a full team of 17 NRL-quality rugby league players together without having one or two (or more) that come across as twats… for mine the Riff are no worse or better (personality-wise) than most of the other teams… I actually would hate to see the vermin or donkeys win it as I reckon they have the most arrogant squads atm…

Is it also old news to mention that it still feels a bit odd for a foreign team to win the Australian rugby League competition?? I mean, it is the NRL not the IRL. Ok there, I said it @:D
And yet once it was just a N S W based comp and even some speculation now that eventually there
may be 2 nd Kiwi based side or in the longer term
Then to take into account the number of Kiwis in the overall comp now .
Actually was hoping the Warriors could have got their first title against the roosters in 03 .
does not seem all that long ago but there you go

And yet once it was just a N S W based comp and even some speculation now that eventually there
may be 2 nd Kiwi based side or in the longer term
Then to take into account the number of Kiwis in the overall comp now .
Actually was hoping the Warriors could have got their first title against the roosters in 03 .
does not seem all that long ago but there you go
Maybe it's time for a name change then.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11