Teams V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Joey's round 21 verdict
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/joeys-round-21-verdict/story-e6frext9-1225755708825

Tigers:
Like Souths, the Tigers have won three straight to put themselves in striking distance of the eight but face a massive test here. Tim Moltzen’s move to halfback has proved to be a success and Robbie Farah’s form has been super.

Eagles:
The defending premiers seem to be warming up big time and will now have one eye on a top four berth which seemed out of the question after their start to the year. Showed plenty of composure to come back from 14-0 against the Knights and with Watmough, Perry, Stewart and co. leading the way in the pack, they are looking good.
Verdict:
Real acid test for the Tigers. But how do you go past Manly?

Thought Stewy was only going to have a light run with the boys this week... has he done any full contact work even?

eggson link said:
Thought Stewy was only going to have a light run with the boys this week... has he done any full contact work even?

He wont be back this week, however we can only hope

Does anyone actually think Farrar is very poor defending in the centres? the few times he has. Has been caught out a few times one on one

The infamous rugby league feud of the late 1970s will be re-lived at the Sydney Football Stadium on Monday, August 3.
Wests Tigers have adopted the ‘Fibros v Silvertails theme as part of the promotional build-up to the blockbuster clash between Wests Tigers and the Manly Sea Eagles in round 21 of the Telstra Premiership.
A video package will be shown pre-game on the big screen, highlighting the famous battles between the ‘Fibros’ of Western Suburbs Magpies and the ‘Silvertails’ of Manly.
Former Wests coach and now respected league writer Roy Masters was the brain behind the now famous catch-cry between the two arch rivals.
In ‘Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood’ – the story of the Western Suburbs Rugby League Club – lies the story of how Masters was the psychologist.
“Wests’ theatre was the bloody playing fields where a class war, carefully orchestrated and nutured by Masters, took football violence to another level – and the game with it,’’ wrote author Gary Lester.
“For Masters, his battlefield had gone from classroom to dressing room – in many ways, another small step for mankind but a giant leap for Western Suburbs.
“He instigated the fibro class war with the Manly Warringah Silvertails of the North Shore as a means to the end.
“Masters, the psychologist, saw it as the best way of motivating Wests to a premiership.
“It left league with some of the bloodiest, toughest, and sometimes tasteless, matches in its history.
“Long forgotten by many, though, is that it almost brought Wests a premiership.’’
http://www.weststigers.com.au/defaul...splay&id=18781

'Almost' is the right word.  Dirty play can only take a team so far before class takes over.  Masters degraded Wests by degrading their players.  Face slapping and having them think they were grubs.  Masters a psychologist?  my arse he was, just a mug schoolie. 

DSM5 link said:
'Almost' is the right word.  Dirty play can only take a team so far before class takes over.  Masters degraded Wests by degrading their players.  Face slapping and having them think they were grubs.  Masters a psychologist?  my arse he was, just a mug schoolie. 
Careful what you say about my Year 7 Geography teacher. Roy is well past it but was a very good coach in his time.

We all know the face-slapping was done for the cameras and suited the image of the time.

What did you Dave before you retired??????

Wests Tigers v Manly, Monday 7pm (EST), Sydney Football Stadium
It would be quite the revival if Wests Tigers were to reach their first finals series since the glory days of 2005. Just four weeks ago, when they lost 21-10 to St George to record their seventh loss in eight matches, the Tigers were six points out of the eight and only had the Roosters behind them. Now, on the back of three successive wins over the Rabbitohs, Cowboys and Raiders, and some of their best football of the season, the Tigers lie in wait just two points off eighth place. It was against the Tigers at Brookvale Oval back in round five where Manly first showed signs of life. After four straight defeats, the Sea Eagles prevailed 23-10 on that day back in April but it took them a good month after that game for them to hit their stride. Now, on the back of eight wins in 10 games, they are looking fully capable of defending their title.

Laurie Daley says: The Tigers have shown us in the last couple of weeks that they can play very good football. But, they look like they've only got one way to win and that is to score points and blow the other team apart, whereas Manly can win in different ways. They can win coming from behind, by playing a grinding style of football and they can win with some magic. I think they can force a few errors on the Tigers and be more committed for that 80-minute period to win this. Sea Eagles to win.

By The Adjudicator
    foxsports.com.au
    July 30, 2009

Wests Tigers v Manly, Monday 7pm (EST), Sydney Football Stadium
The Adjudicator says: "The Adjudicator told you this would happen. The Tigers would give all residents of Leichhardt and Campbelltown false hope that their season was destined for revival. But here comes the fall. Manly are back to their smarmy best, even giving teams head starts before running them down and piling 40-plus points of pain on them. Apparently this week they aren't even going to arrive at the ground until half-time and will still take unbackable odds into the game. I want to believe that "05 is still alive" in the Tigers' den, but I've read this script before – and the nice guys finish last."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator, including your full name and where you're from.

LATEST COMMENTS FROM FANS
Sea Eagles fan Quenten says: "There is a lot of hype with the Mighty Eagles currently, but even after the Newcastle game I’m still not 100% convinced. The tiger’s game will not be a walk in the park, and I hope to GOD, the boys from the Northern Beaches don’t run on with a carefree attitude as they did in the 1st 20min last week. Orford has passion but their attacking plays are still very transparent. The forwards will win the game, if Watmough is allowed to play to his potential. Eagles by 6-10. We need another Cliffy Lyons back in the team!"

Sea Eagles fan Helen of Manly says: " You're summary of the Manly v Tigers game is quite funny Mr. Adjudicator....but you know what is even funnier? The comment from Tigers fan, Brent from Canberra where he says: "It is gonna take a lot better team than Manly to stop us racking up 40 + points this weekend". Now this comment is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S. I laughed so hard it made my stomach hurt. This comment comes on the back of a win against Canberra who are sitting near the bottom of the ladder! Are other Tigers fans as delusional as Brent?! The boys from Leichhardt will need to harden up to even come close to matching the Mighty Eagles come Monday evening. R.I.P Tigers. "

Sea Eagles fan Sam from Manly says: "You've also been telling us for weeks about how the eags are crap and how they're not gonna make the finals, yet here you are, trying to latch onto the tailgate of the bandwagon. Sorry, you hack, the bus left weeks ago. We might let you you catch up with it in late September. Till then, keep on ruining people's multis by telling them how much the eags are gonna lose by. As for the Tigers, jeez it'd be nice to see them do well, as they are a genuinely entertaining team, but I think it's pretty clear how overrated benji is. Sure he can play, but he's nowhere near the reliable, metronomic class of the top halves in the NRL. I'd even take Orford over him. He has nowhere near the potential of Benji, but he performs week-in, week-out. Besides, 'potential' is just a word for stuff that hasn't happened yet. Just like (yet again) the Tiger's season. Manly by 24."

Tigers fan Mick from Menai says: "7 from 8. That's more like it Mr. Adjudicator. Now you just need to show some consistency like the Tigers have over their past 3 matches.
Unfortunately, as much as we'd like to be dining on stuffed sea-eagle this week (with a side dish of wolfman for seconds), Des Has-been & his boys are showing better form. If we can beat them this week I'll be driving the '05 is still alive' bandwagon, but I'm not convinced yet. So it's Manly by 10 (but not before we ruffle a few feathers)."

Tigers fan Ben from Perth says: "GO THE MIGHTY TIGERS. You've got it all wrong. What better way for the Tigers to revive there finals hopes than stopping the so called rampaging Eagles.
Robbie and the boys have got something to prove and a win at home against Manly will help to silence the Critics such as YOU!!!"

Tigers fan Brent from Canberra says: "The Tigers are on a roll and there aren’t too many teams in the NRL that can stop us when we are in this mood. It is gonna take a lot better team than Manly to stop us racking up 40 + points this weekend. Manly might put a few on us but with our attacking flair we will have enough in the tank to put these “has beens” to bed."

Tigers have only two less wins than Manly this season.  And its an away game.  But after this win (fingers crossed) we'll be one win out of third place. And if Rabbitohs do their bit (seems unlikely), one win and percentages out of second place.  

Plenty to play for.

And wow ... look at Manly's killer bench!!!

Fibros V Silvertails. Bring it on. I used to go into the magpies dressing rooms in those days. Loved it. Hope they get Tommy out there aswell to build the game up. It was great stuff.

I'm pretty worried about this one, I think the Tigers should be able to terrorise both Williams on the wing and could put a few points on us. They're not a great side but they are pretty potent on the flanks. I hope Benji has a shocker.

Ryno link said:
Fibros V Silvertails. Bring it on. I used to go into the magpies dressing rooms in those days. Loved it. Hope they get Tommy out there aswell to build the game up. It was great stuff.
Maybe some marketing value for fans who remember those battles -but I can't see any aspect of fibros in the current Wests (who somehow present more as Tigers than Magpies). Neither do I see much Silvertail in the current Manly (apart from the name of this site of course, so no offence intended there  :)

Tigers for the past few years since winning the comp have played like millionaires, especially Marshall (who probably is a millionaire). Manly on the other hand have built their reputation on a rugged no-nonsense defence and a lot of the playing roster has been made up of no-names & cast-offs.

In 2009 they are the ones with the big name pommy import. 

Tigers fans seem to have some info that Galloway and Heighnington will be playing tomorrow night, 2 of their best forwards, should be lacking a bit of conditioning though

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6