Tears in Heaven - Georgey to Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont like that hes gone to the drizzle but I would like to wish George all the best.

He has entertained us over the last 7 years and he will always be part of our folklore.

End of the day we have some young talent coming through and we need to secure our future.

MadMarcus said:
The Who said:
He has been fantastic for us - and still has two more matches to 'push it up'.
Melbourne has a history of recruiting older props, such as Ryles and Norrie, who seem to play well for Bellamy.

Ryles always has been and remains a rubbish player.

Not sure how old you are but Ryles played some really good games over his years at st george to call him rubbish would be extremely over critical.

We all love George. We all hate Storm. A quandary of epic proportions:huh:...Good luck Georgy, we love ya!

This is great news .... I feared big George was going to be lost to Super League,where he would spend his days having a pint or two down the pub, or in France with his beret on, crunching some frog legs.

Now we still get to cheer him on down under. I'll be doing that no matter what colours he's wearing. When Georgy comes on it's like when Norm entered the bar in Cheers and everyone called out "Norm". It makes you smile and you can't help but cheer the big fella on.

What a great character, a sad loss for our club, good pick up for Melbourne.
Its been a great comeback from that horrific broken leg, an injury that has led to the retirement of many other great players. Taniela Tuiaki for one.

Well done too to Manly for standing by him.

Disappointing. Now I won't be able to hate everyone at the storm. There'll be one big fella I like.
Good luck Georgie and I hope you leave the beaches on a winner this year.

Terrible Loss he makes a huge difference when he comes on the field . Rose was very underrated. I thought Rose would be better to keep than Kingy and cheaper.

God said:
Not sure how old you are but Ryles played some really good games over his years at st george to call him rubbish would be extremely over critical.

I always thought he was overrated in those days, but maybe that's just me.

I think your opinion may be coloured by the fact that you are God and you are contractually obliged to love everyone.

don't know if Georgie will lift the average IQ of Melb. but he will lift the average good block quotient.

Alan said:
don't know if Georgie will lift the average IQ of Melb. but he will lift the average good block quotient.

George has well above average IQ academically but does that mean much? He is certainly different in many ways.

I've already wished George well, and he'll do a job for Melbourne.

But Storm are gone, they will not be legitimate title contenders next year. They will be in a mini-rebuilding phase as their big 3 start to feel the effects of age and injury. I predict they will be in the bottom of the finals and never seriously threaten. Which will please me, and it will also put Toovey's achievements into perspective.

Know the Storm are going to have there NSW Cup team as Albury Thunder.
Georgie's brother(not Trent) was/is the Captain of them.
I don't mind that - gives him an opportunity to play his family.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6