Tears in Heaven - Georgey to Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Big gorgeous has signed for the Storm. I think I'm going to cry!!

There's not too many Storm players I say this to but...good luck Gorgeous. You'll always be a Sea Eagle in my eyes!!

Best of luck George hope you go well but not your new team. Surprises me that Storm would go after George when they clearly need young raw talent in their front row stocks like we do.

Yeah that is an interesting signing. I expected him to go to a club like tigpies or dragoons, not melbourne.

I wish big george all the very best.

I hate the storm, but i will give george a small cheer.

He has been fantastic for us - and still has two more matches to 'push it up'.
Melbourne has a history of recruiting older props, such as Ryles and Norrie, who seem to play well for Bellamy.

How fickle the game is. If he had not broken his leg that year he would have signed a big contract with us.

Good new is he'll be playing for a premiership with us this year.

I don't think he's ever really been in Tooves plans, but the one thing I've liked about him is he hasn't really sooked (too much) about it. Plenty of other players would have thrown the toys out of the cots, but I've never heard him say a bad word about the club or coach. Its obvious he feels part of the place and has a love for the club for giving him an opportunity and standing by him when so many wouldn't. Wish him all the best, just not too much luck when he plays against us and I'm sure he'd be happy with that sentiment from all the Manly fans.

Do they have room for him ? Will he fit ? These are just some of the many size/weight jokes available on this issue.

Good luck to you George. Sorry to hear thats its the Storm.

I'm glad he's going somewhere where he'll go ok, he'd just go backwards at some clubs. Good on him he wanted to stay and when he couldn't he found himself a good place to kick on at(refection of the coaching not the club) - I still don't think anyones seen the best of george.

Brookie Brawler said:
I heard Manly did offer him a minimum contract. Wonder how much more he got from the scum...

80k's not a lot of money, good on if he could get more

God said:
Brookie Brawler said:
I heard Manly did offer him a minimum contract. Wonder how much more he got from the scum...

80k's not a lot of money, good on if he could get more

100% agree. Just being nosey. Can't blame Manly though if they are giving priority to their young talent.

I hate the Storm .. that said I like that he has gone there. I have loved watching Georgey and know he is so skilled. My wish is he can improve and offer more to a team. I do not think that would have happened at wests. He probably needed a change and Bellyache has turned ordinary forwards into champs. At least he starts at a much higher level then ordinary. Good luck George and thanks.

The Who said:
He has been fantastic for us - and still has two more matches to 'push it up'.
Melbourne has a history of recruiting older props, such as Ryles and Norrie, who seem to play well for Bellamy.

Ryles always has been and remains a rubbish player.

I wish him well. Particularly if he can pull out two more storming performances with Manly. Which we need!

Gd luck George...glad you get to stay in the NRL, am sorry you are leaving God's country on the Northern Beaches!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8