Tech billionaire Mike Cannon-Brookes buys stake in South Sydney Rabbitohs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Perhaps they have sold off three 75% interests? That math probably adds up to a Bunnies supporter
True.

That's why this is intriguing - who sold their share to him?

If 100% of the club is notionally worth $20M, you can't simply pay $2M to the club and miraculously own 10%. The 10% had to come from one of the current owners and be transferred to cannon-sooks. Otherwise he is just donating money.

True.

If 100% of the club is notionally worth $20M, you can't simply pay $2M to the club and miraculously own 10%. The 10% had to come from one of the current owners and be transferred to cannon-sooks. Otherwise he is just donating money.
New guy puts cash into the club and gets 1/3 of both Rusty and Packers shares in return, making 3 equal shareholders instead of 2. So he effectively buys 1/3 of the 75% share of the club.

Nobody's share needs to be sold...new guy puts cash into the club and gets 1/3 of both Rusty and Packers shares in return, making 3 equal shareholders instead of 2.
You just described 1/3 of rusty's and packer's shares in the club being exchanged for money. aka sold.

You just described 1/3 of rusty's and packer's shares in the club being exchanged for money. aka sold.
If what I posted actually is what happened, both Rusty and Packer are each effectively donating 1/3 of their share back to the club and then they are selling that share to the new guy. Tax deduction for Rusty and Packer.

True.

You put 2M into a club worth 20M and it's now worth 22M and your 2 gets you ~9%. People can keep tipping in cash it just dilutes the ownership.

ff252c077aab7eaa9980c702142ae3abff-wojak-00.w710.jpg

I guess it depends on how value is defined. If my house is worth 3 mill, and I get 5 people to give me a million each for a 20% share of it ... they will have Buckley’s selling it for 5.

I guess it depends on how value is defined. If my house is worth 3 mill, and I get 5 people to give me a million each for a 20% share of it ... they will have Buckley’s selling it for 5.
Is it in Sydney? Give it a week

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10