Teen Manly fan plans Stewart tribute

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A 13 year old kid showing more loyalty to a clubs long term player (admittedly his favourite player, but that's not the point) than the NRL ever has. What does that tell you?

I can't be a Brookie on Sunday unfortunately, but if I was there I know I'd be up on my feet in the 13th minute of the game.

Gifty never wanted to leave Manly and even though he has signed with Souffs, I still think that is the case. If we had been able to offer him anywhere near what that mob did then he'd have re-signed quicker than Road Runner could get away from Coyote.

Neither he nor Brett are Manly juniors, but they have never played for another club in this competition. Both are as much Manly as the Beaver or Tooves or Arko who are all local juniors. Its going to be hard seeing Gift in red and green. The only jumper with green in it I'd ever want to see him playing in is an Aussie test jumper.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
The 13th Minute of the match begins when the scoreboard clock (which counts down) gets to 28:00. Just thought i should clarify ! :)

At that point we should all stand, raise our beers, cheer, and applaud

Glad you said that, was trying to think if the clock counts down.

Yea, at 28:00, cheers, applause & such sounds great.

For this Sunday game v Raiders as well as Gifty's last Brookie game v Panthers.

And yea, for a whole minute is way too long, maybe around the 13 secs suggestion sounds more practical.

Go Manly!

great idea, not perfect as some point out but go with the idea your've got and give Gift the clap he so richly deserves.

Maybe use the opportunity to get him used to souff's fans and chant Gwift, Gwift, can you even say gwen wif no teff.

Alan said:
great idea, not perfect as some point out but go with the idea your've got and give Gift the clap he so richly deserves.

Maybe use the opportunity to get him used to souff's fans and chant Gwift, Gwift, can you even say gwen wif no teff.

Teeheehee

/sorry

globaleagle said:
Alan said:

Teeheehee

/sorry

Not my line, owe it to Sir Les Patterson.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
The 13th Minute of the match begins when the scoreboard clock (which counts down) gets to 28:00. Just thought i should clarify ! :)

At that point we should all stand, raise our beers, cheer, and applaud until the clock reads 27:01 (or thereabouts). I will be doing it and will be encouraging all around me, (who are not wearing green) to do it also. Gifty has been a gift.

This is a fantastic tribute not just to Gifty, but to show the whole team how much we love this whole playing group. I'll be there and will be tell those around me to join. It's going to be a great sunny sunday on the hill!

Good to hear!

On the tv's clock...it hit 13 mins and there was nothing.

Canberra were on the attack and I thought...ok awkward.

I was actually looking forward to see if it worked.

Then Glenn was off the field when at 13:30 the applause started.

Well done all those who were there. I see the australian mentioned it too!

Goldie announced it when the clock was at 26 minutes :huh:
We all clapped but Gifty had already left the field.

But in the next minute Littlejohn kicked the 40/20 and Choc scored a try - so the clapping resumed with gusto :)

globaleagle said:
Good to hear!

and whoever the commentator was (I think that it may have been Brandy), he was saying that the applause was for Littlejohn's 40-20 even though the clapping was going on before that.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Jethro said:
globaleagle said:
Good to hear!

and whoever the commentator was (I think that it may have been Brandy), he was saying that the applause was for Littlejohn's 40-20 even though the clapping was going on before that.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I thought he was talking about the reaction from the team, but initially thought it was about the crowds reaction

I heard you guys all clapping through the ABC commentary. It was piss funny when the commentators said, what are the manly fans clapping about...

HappilyManly said:
Goldie announced it when the clock was at 26 minutes :huh:
We all clapped but Gifty had already left the field.

Maybe Goldie thought that gifty deserved 2 mins of applause...and 2 x 13 is 26....so he waited until the 26th minute!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7