Tele: South's star Greg Inglis's dive the NRL's real problem, not Toovey comments

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just fell off my chair and hurt my back,when I started reading that,and no,I got straight back up and played on,lol,didnt try and milk it,lol,that is a good article for a change

jbb/james said:
Oneyeagle said:
As Paul Kent once said on the Footy Show when questioned about his hatred for Manly. He said "I don't hate Manly... I hate the supporters".

In saying that though... its about time someone stood up for our club.

And thats fair enough. Its the same with me. I dont hate the Telegraph, just the journalists
and the Editors, Editors in Chief, and the owners - of course . . . . .

This has to be a gee up.

There is NO WAY the telegraph would allow that to be written.

But IF this article is truly a Telegraph article it points VERY strongly to the fact that even non-Manly fans are against what the men in pink did on Friday night.

So again over to you NRL - do something and do it quickly otherwise you may have an NRL but it may not have a northern beaches representation of any ilk and again crowds, merchandise and profits will reduce over time.

If the article is true by the way - well done to a Manly supporter hater for writing it.

The fine is Turdbergers first chance at giving it to us, he was never gonna let this chance slip by .

Good read Mr Kent, I only hope it's sincere

Little Red Riding Hood is about to enter Granny's cottage...Little does she know the wolf has devoured Granny for lunch and is dressed in granny's clothes ( he likes that ) and is in bed in his disguise with his cap pulled over his eyes as he lies in wait for Little Red Riding Hood.

"Oh what nice articles you write these days Granny " said Little Red Riding Hood

"All the better to win back our dwindling readers" said the wolf proudly

" Oh what an unbiased, unspiteful and un-sensationalised piece " she said again.

"All the better to reclaim the last shreds of my reputation and the reputation of the rag I write for " the wolf added smugly.

The wolf beckoned Little Red Riding Hood closer, closer, closer for a look at the as yet unpublished article he was preparing for tomorrows rag. By the time she saw tomorrows headline, and that familiar smile appeared on the wolf's face....it was too late.

Will this change anything ? We shall see, wont we Toddy.

They cant keep ripping off Manly forever and while they are doing it it only does harm to the game.

bones said:
News Ltd 'journalists' are allowed to write balanced articles now that News Ltd no longer own the game. That's what happens when there are no agendas in their reporting.

Too busy trying to influence elections!

The NRL is very concerned about avoiding prejudice and ensuring natural justice. That's why it is critical that coaches must not say what they think. Judiciary members are obviously well trained to ignore opinions of journos and ex-players, but if the opposition coach says a tackle is bad the poor player will surely not get a fair hearing. Do we want another innocent player might cop a 1 week suspension like poor Jeff Lima did?

With such a strict attitude towards prejudice, the NRL would surely not do anything that might influence the findings of a Court in a sexual assault trial? I mean stripping the accused of their 'face of the game' position, suspending him for 4 weeks, publicly demonising him and his conduct on the night in question and fining his club $100,000 would surely not lead anybody to think he is guilty?

So, what about this idea: Instead of a post-match press conference with the coach why can't each club select one passonate fan for the interview. So, we might have, say, Bones, giving his opinion one week and another of we fanatics the next match. Imagine the rants, the sprays, the entertainment value...
It would be TV Gold.
Then some equally delusional opposition fan has his spray. Neither can be fined because they aren't employed by the club nor the League.
It would be better than any boxing match weigh-in slanging match.

In related news, the unseasonably warm winter is set to end with widespread reports of hell freezing over.

If it really was Greenberg who decided Toovey overstepped the mark, he has shown himself to be very out of touch with most of the game's stakeholders, including fans and media commentators. Not an auspicious beginning for the alleged administrative whiz kid.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6