terrible win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
We created some good opportunities in the first half just couldn't quite get the last passes to stick. Not all doom and gloom, a win's a win.

Pity DCE couldn't have pulled off that kick against the Scum first up this year.

One win against the storm and we would be equal first. For all the doom and gloom we are OK.

We've had 2 games against Melbourne that we should have won. Tonight was one to make up for them.

Yeah that is the bottom-line.

ANY win is better than a loss.

And despite how poor we were it's still a hell of a lot better to go to bed on than that Sunday shellacking by the Tigpies.

Hopefully the bye next week freshens us up.

Agreed.

Terrible win better than great loss.

We just looked so....so....so ordinary

It was like we went into a pre origin selection shell. I thought the cowboys would, but never thought we would.

Mentally, it probably did the men good that they did a come from behind win as we seem to get tagged with 'scoring a lot first half, not much in second half.'

Poola said:
My biggest disappointment tonight were the experienced players such as Snake
Interesting in our 3-2-1 we have awarded points to 13 different players so far but Brett isn't one of them.

He might have been trying too hard. I'm sure if Killer was there, or Foz, they would have got the players together in the 1st half and laid down the law about respecting possession. Maybe Snake wasn't comfortable enough yet in the role of captain to do that.

One good thing I saw though – the grins of delight on the faces of Snake and Choc as they raced to embrace DCE after his kick. No problems with team harmony folks, that case is closed!

How spoilt are we that we are complaining about a team who was in last years Grand Final, won in 2011 and is currently sitting outright 2nd in one of the toughest and tightest NRL comps.

Yep.
Imagine facing the week if you're a Raiders fan; or Gummies; or you follow the Dragoons these days!

We're more than lucky at Manly.

And it's "knights" like last night that suggest the cards might just fall our way again at the pointy end of proceedings...come early October!

Last night showed to me we have best half in game. Clutch field goal 45 metres out, only Cronk could do that.
He is coming into his own along with foz's match winning performance v cowboys.
These guys must be tied up at all costs, they are our present and future.

RiverEagle said:
Yep.
Imagine facing the week if you're a Raiders fan; or Gummies; or you follow the Dragoons these days!

Yep.

I sent a text message to a mate last night who is a Dragons supporter as we having a bit of banter.

"Don't you wish your team could play that badly and still win?"

That was the end of the conversation.

Hodkinson can, and has (much more regularly then DCE) pulled out field goals of that magnitude to win games. I'd have him as the best in that business at the moment.

RiverEagle said:
Yep.

And it's "knights" like last night that suggest the cards might just fall our way again at the pointy end of proceedings...come early October!

I was thinking something like that for the first 70 mins. Thinking that we were so ordinary...I wonder how supporters of those ordinary teams deal with it week after week.

I try and get my st merge mate to join our winners side....but they are just too brainwashed!

Totally global.

Even my sister - a raving Rorters' fan - finally spat the dummy after they were handed their derrières' up in Townsville!

I know we got spanked too against the Tigs, but that's the exception that proves our rule...

We either win, or play well and lose tough; often unlucky.
Last night we hung on long enough to give ourselves a shot...most teams would've clocked off a lot sooner.

And our team rewarded us supporters as usual for having impeccable taste!

One of my daughters provided me with a pearl of wisdom after the game last night when I stated that we didn't deserve to win that game.

Her reply was "we didn't deserve to lose last week".

I guess it simply proves that "what comes around, goes around"

Tough win going into a bye week, very good outcome regardless of the performance last night. After a week off the boys will be fresh for the mid season run and get some key personnel back for the trip to Suncorp before the home game against the Bulldogs

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7