Test match 2018 NZ AUS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Opinions please. What if, (and I mean what if) TT plays outstanding in the Test match at centre. Does "the new coach for Manly" consider having a Test team centre, at centre for Manly, and go shopping for a new fullback? Guess same conundrum with GE at Souths, wants to play fullback but a better centre.

I wonder if on the basis of not being able to recruit new players, would we be able to find a replacement from the junior players easier than a centre? I just think we were defensively crap out wide and having TT out there on one side would save us more points than he scores?

Tom is the modern day version of a Dale Shearer. Fullback is his position and that's where he'll play for Manly (though Rowdy did play more than a few games at centre and wing for us), but his talent is such that in rep sides he will spend the majority of his time in the three-quarters.

We already have gun centres in Walker and Kelly. And playing Tom on the wing at Manly is a serious waste of his talent. Leave him at fullback where, hopefully with a decent halves pair in 2019 in DCE and LG, he will be able to use his running game more often rather than have to fill in as an extra play maker.

Tommy up against Manu will be a great contest. I reckon Keary will compliment DCE greatly. The kids in red hot form, and he's got the mongrel in him to handle the Kiwi traffic that he and DCE will no doubt cop.

remote.axd

This NRL hype story don't add up.

"It is 100 years since the end of World War I. The Kangaroos played a Test match straight after the war and that commemorates the jersey worn," Meninga said.
"The story behind the colour is that they didn't want to take any of the green dye for the soldier's uniforms. That is why we decided to use that as part of the captain's run." https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/12...honour-wwi-heroes-on-eve-of-kiwis-test-match/

But the Kangaroos & other Aussie sports didn't go green and gold until about 1930. So why would the Kangaroos team at the end of WW1 be worried out green dye? And weren't WW1 ANZACs uniforms khaki which is light brown? Isn't the jersey in the photo light brown? More likely if this is a replica of a 1919 kangaroos jersey the 1919 team deliberately chose khaki to honour the soldiers and they weren't worried about dye at all. And WW1 was over in 1919 so what was the dye worry anyway?

remote.axd

This NRL hype story don't add up.

"It is 100 years since the end of World War I. The Kangaroos played a Test match straight after the war and that commemorates the jersey worn," Meninga said.
"The story behind the colour is that they didn't want to take any of the green dye for the soldier's uniforms. That is why we decided to use that as part of the captain's run." https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/12...honour-wwi-heroes-on-eve-of-kiwis-test-match/

But the Kangaroos & other Aussie sports didn't go green and gold until about 1930. So why would the Kangaroos team at the end of WW1 be worried out green dye? And weren't WW1 ANZACs uniforms khaki which is light brown? Isn't the jersey in the photo light brown? More likely if this is a replica of a 1919 kangaroos jersey the 1919 team deliberately chose khaki to honour the soldiers and they weren't worried about dye at all. And WW1 was over in 1919 so what was the dye worry anyway?

Don't show that picture. The positioning of the Manly players will have the media in a frenzy that there is a rift at Manly.....

I think fatigue was a big reason at the end that the Kiwi Ferns didn't realise that they only had a few seconds left on that last play.

I think fatigue, and the old school football it produces, is actually one of the real strengths of the women's game. The SOO match was a great example of that but I think that 80 mins had too many players with absolutely nothing left and it lowered the overall intensity. I have no doubt they will get there, just not quite yet.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10