Thanks Brett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes nice photo. I wasn't seated far from where this happened and did notice Brett was quite distant from the fans in the first half of his lap anyway, this photo aside, he stayed a safe distance away. There were lots of kids who would have happily high fived him, but he didnt seem too keen. Not a criticism just an observation. Matt Ballin did seem to be getting into it a bit more from what I saw.

Thanks for the photo Happily and the for the videos Kiwi. Some things are missed more than others when you live far away.

Clearly, thanking the fans meant enough that Stewart was able to overcome whatever the dramas are with some at the club in more recent times. Shoulders might not have been able to manage that (just speculating - his call anyway). Fitting to have Matty Ballin honoured at the same time. Like these 2 he punished his body so Manly could be a dominant force for a decade.

The thread has covered my feelings about Stewart as a player well enough; what he managed to achieve, what could have been, what an influence he was like all the great players. Let me just say this as to add to the tributes: that piece of play he produced in the game against the broncos that statistics will record as a try assist - the pick up and pass of a ridiculously bouncing ball at bootlace level, running at full speed with a defender sweating on him - is one I show people to demonstrate how brilliantly talented and quick thinking he was. Some of the freakish try scoring aerobatics of the wingers these days might trump it for athletic prowess, but I can't remember ever seeing a better piece of technical skill + footballing nous.

I still believe he was better than Slater simply because he didn't have Smith,Cronk to feed him,and he wasn't a grub head kicker.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8