Thanks Kieran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously guys it's done and dusted. Sandow is off contract and while I wouldn't say he's as good as Foran, I say we should definitely make a play for him.

No to Norman

Sandow and DCE wouldn't be an awful combo if Sandi can follow simple instructions

Foz has never not been coached by Joey

Hey parasites how many comps will you win with choc

Spoiler alert

Just wanted to extend my sincere condolences to my Manly Brothers and sisters, but who can resist the lure of the Dalai Arthur?
Apparently a lot of players if you had to resort to signing a guy with a broken neck and Danny Wicks...

IF, yes IF this is true we have to look on the bright side - Parra have paid huge dollars for a player who is very tough and very good BUT is no champion. Their salary cap with him and Watmough at big $$$ will be very tight ( even allowing for Hayne leaving cause the numbers being thrown about are very big for Foran even if they are exaggerated a bit ). Ours with Watmough and Foran down will be very free.

We now have the opportunity to raid them all over again for the likes of Hoppa and any decent junior they have coming through.

One door closes - another door opens. Foran is a very good very tough player, would have liked him to stay BUT he's hardly irreplaceable.

Will Hoppa welcome back and Aiden Sezer from the titans for me.

Where would we play Hoppa? At fullback? No, Snake is there. In the centres? No, we have Matai & Killer. On the wing? Perhaps but only if he came relatively cheap. Depending on which of our halves leave (if any) this is the crucial hiring position.

Where would we play Hoppa? At fullback? No, Snake is there. In the centres? No, we have Matai & Killer. On the wing? Perhaps but only if he came relatively cheap. Depending on which of our halves leave (if any) this is the crucial hiring position.
Maybe Killer moves 2 5/8 for the remainder of his career?

Hoppa has never kicked on. He has lost so much speed, and is just another FG footballer; nothing special.

You've got Tom T, Gutho, Hiku, and a host of wingers all vying for positions. Why would we want another outside back?

All our spare money should go on props. We have a decent backrow, but I don't really rate Starling and Lawrence as top tier props.

I don't think Foran is irreplaceable as a footballer, but as a person within the club, he is a huge loss. He could have captained our great club and gone out a legend, now he will simply be a name on a team sheet from yesteryear.

Hoppa has never kicked on. He has lost so much speed, and is just another FG footballer; nothing special.

You've got Tom T, Gutho, Hiku, and a host of wingers all vying for positions. Why would we want another outside back?

All our spare money should go on props. We have a decent backrow, but I don't really rate Starling and Lawrence as top tier props.

I don't think Foran is irreplaceable as a footballer, but as a person within the club, he is a huge loss. He could have captained our great club and gone out a legend, now he will simply be a name on a team sheet from yesteryear.

Disagree on Foran he was never and even if he stays I won't change my mind a legend. A legend is Bob Fulton and with due respect Foran couldn't lace his boots. I don't even rate him a great. I'll go further Cliff Lyons, Alan Thompson and Ian Martin were all better 5/8 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Loved Foran-but he is simply not worth those big $$$$
He will get slower and end up as a lock-Guts can carry you only so far in this game.

Hiku has a similar build. I have always thought snake plays like a 5/8, Jamie Lyon. Rudolph on the way up (possible Sezar)
Cupboard is not bare by a long shot. Take the $$$ Foz and don't leave the light on when you slither off into the west.

I think I'll reserve judgement until either Manly or Parra-doesn't-matta announces that they have (re)signed Foz.

If he stays, he stays. If he leaves, he leaves. But I won't bag him now before knowing what he has or hasn't done.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4