Thats not footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nice to get the 2 points, nice to see some confidence spreading in the team and for some individual milestones in tryscoring but what a boring game. At no time did i feel vested in the contest. Just a highlight reel that includd 3 minutes if resilleince

No emotion in the contest, in fact the only emotion of the day was pointed at the ref who handed the batton on, in a "your turn" , "there turn" contest . The game was crafted by posession under the charge of the ref. No wrestle in this game, not even a wrestle of will

Maybe ive just grown bored of the floggings. I dont watch other games but yesterdays game was not what draws me to footy. I dont need violence , or head shots but i need a contest . For years the game has been decided by refs and media clampdowns but this product is starting to look a lot more like reality tv than footy with mr ref man deciding who gets to show there wares .

When a team gets a roll on, they generally have to break the rules as the rules are all based around attack. If the attacking team keeps the enegy up there is no respite as it continually double downs. This is the game and makes a mockery of it. We had unlimited Tackles and it was bad for the game , so it was scrapped. Now we are closing in on repeating the mistake.

Lack of planning and the head knock rules have been very handy in deflecting this cluster**** out of the news and those turning off the game are conveniently labelled as dinosaurs who cant accept the duty of care around head shots, when they actually hate the uneven competition between attack and defence

These sorts of wins usually do little for your premiership chances. I believe that often they are in fact are detrimental as the players get over-hyped and lose touch with the importance to lay a good platform before going razzle dazzle.

Give me a good 12-10 victory with lots of goal line desperation any day.

These sorts of wins usually do little for your premiership chances. I believe that often they are in fact are detrimental as the players get over-hyped and lose touch with the importance to lay a good platform before going razzle dazzle.

Funny I was only thinking that maybe last week’s whooping of the cowgirls was the reason we started yesterday’s game poorly (or the refs caned us early). To prevent another came like that

Loved every millisecond of the 2nd half ... just like I loved every minute of 40 - 0 in 2008 ...

Across the comp I watched some of the best footy I have seen in over 60 years .... play makers no longer afraid of having their heads taken off are taking the ball to the line and performing treats for the crowd like Foran and Turbo ...

Players like the diminutive Campbell electrifying and fearless , ... Reece Walsh, Sam Walker and a dozen other teenagers will emerge to dazzle and entertain with their skills ....

Hoping to win by 60 next game ... and given the opposition ... maybe 70 ...

Agree. Sam Thaiday spoke of how a team needs a “hold out win”, at the weekend. Saying how it gives a team confidence & fortitude.

Amazing that titans can complete every set until the last minute and lose by 30
Completions are one thing, but their problem was simply woeful defence on their right edge Tom's first try and Garrick's 4 were variations on a theme, and there was no adjustment to the defence.

Also woeful defence in the middle - Paseka breaks through from the kickoff, Tom scored one pass off the ruck, followed by Walker bursting through Fifita to set up the last try.

Really could only see positives from that type of a Manly win , some remarkable skill level and great team play and tries and with the execution spot on . Some individual brilliance which is going to count if Manly are to compete in the big end of season matches . No doubt some brittle Titan's defence in the 2 nd half but Manly were good enough to exploit it big time and surely one of their really great comebacks . Confidence level goes up another notch , key players Jake and Schuster to boost the side even more going forward .Really can not see much to dislike despite a bit of a wobbly i st half at times .

I thought turning around the defecit was great for belief and showed team moral and will to win is high....also absolutely loved seeing Manly pile on tries....sure it looked easy that 2nd half, but I truly believe based on recent seasons...the Titans would have gone on from the 24 - 8 lead and won by 40 - 50 points, we have a new found resilience and speed not seen at Manly for a loooong time.
The pace we have in 2021 is the best in ages and personally excited about it, I do agree the refs have more input in most games than I would like, but I can watch Manly win by 50 every week and be happy...thing is against the Penrith, Storm and Souths - these scorelines will be fairly different imo and the basics of gutsy defence over the 80 will decide the outcomes, along with the kicking game which is why I made a thread on this factor....could well decide the premiership along with living with the (bad calls) and turning the games momentum araound...not easy , but can be done - as in the game yesterday.

It seemed to me the only contest yesterday was getting on the refs side. The game went on his calls.

Had the titans racked up 50 the calls for the games direction would be loud and clear in here. As long as we let the result be our standard on what we tolerate as fans we are part of the problem

Some may actually like this kind of footy at a point a minute, and thats cool . The game isnt faster due to the tries and goalkicking breaks, the investigations , injuries, etc but passages of the game are dominated by possession rather than speed. Teams resillience are weakening as high scores become acceptable in the RL world. Its just the new game

I like a flogging and am loving the results we are having against qld teams in fairness but it all feels a little hollow

It seemed to me the only contest yesterday was getting on the refs side. The game went on his calls.

Had the titans racked up 50 the calls for the games direction would be loud and clear in here. As long as we let the result be our standard on what we tolerate as fans we are part of the problem

Some may actually like this kind of footy at a point a minute, and thats cool . The game isnt faster due to the tries and goalkicking breaks, the investigations , injuries, etc but passages of the game are dominated by possession rather than speed. Teams resillience are weakening as high scores become acceptable in the RL world. Its just the new game

I like a flogging and am loving the results we are having against qld teams in fairness but it all feels a little hollow
Think that it is also just part of a good feeling by plenty of supporters that Manly and after such a demoralizing i st 4 games this season can and has since competed at a mainly really good level and may be able to give this current comp a pretty good shake , all continuing to go well of course . Each to their own of course but can only play and perform to whatever guidelines and unfortunately at times , fickle adjudicating by match officials and Manly have been doing it quite well for the past couple of months . Just hope again that it can continue and with their present serious level of competitiveness

The Tits are a good attacking team and everything went right for them in the first 40 minutes. Their short kicking was sublime; there is no defence to this tactic when it is done well.
When a team gets on a roll the ref goes with them and only seems to adjudicate on the defence.
I know we have had too many rule changes already but here's another suggestion:
* the team that concedes a try or a penalty goal receives the ball on the half-way line to re-start the match with a six-tackle set......
just a thought bubble for consideration.

I would support a change back to the scoring team kicking off to break up possession ... down side of that of course would be the big come back in the last 5 minutes would be more difficult ...

Nice to get the 2 points, nice to see some confidence spreading in the team and for some individual milestones in tryscoring but what a boring game. At no time did i feel vested in the contest. Just a highlight reel that includd 3 minutes if resilleince

No emotion in the contest, in fact the only emotion of the day was pointed at the ref who handed the batton on, in a "your turn" , "there turn" contest . The game was crafted by posession under the charge of the ref. No wrestle in this game, not even a wrestle of will

Maybe ive just grown bored of the floggings. I dont watch other games but yesterdays game was not what draws me to footy. I dont need violence , or head shots but i need a contest . For years the game has been decided by refs and media clampdowns but this product is starting to look a lot more like reality tv than footy with mr ref man deciding who gets to show there wares .

When a team gets a roll on, they generally have to break the rules as the rules are all based around attack. If the attacking team keeps the enegy up there is no respite as it continually double downs. This is the game and makes a mockery of it. We had unlimited Tackles and it was bad for the game , so it was scrapped. Now we are closing in on repeating the mistake.

Lack of planning and the head knock rules have been very handy in deflecting this cluster**** out of the news and those turning off the game are conveniently labelled as dinosaurs who cant accept the duty of care around head shots, when they actually hate the uneven competition between attack and defence

Mate, respect what you're saying, but if you look at our season, we have been given a complete mixed bag:

Round 5, 35 seconds on the clock, Schuster attempted field goal, charged down by Tohu Harris, cleaned up by Garrick, possession maintained. 6 seconds to go, Jake then plays the ball, Croker swiftly passes to his right to find DCE this time 25 metres out, directly in front to slot his 22nd career field goal, winning the game with literally 3 seconds on the clock 13 to 12...

Round 8, 6 minutes, 43 seconds on the clock, Tom Trbojevic passes the ball swiftly to his right, onto a skillful Morgan Harper, who does a one handed reverse flick pass, onto a barnstorming Jason Saab, who flew past State of Origin winger Brian To'o, then just as quickly around Dylan Edwards to make the score 22-16 with three minutes left to play. Panthers had just won 7 straight this season. We JUST lost to the best team in the comp.

Exhibit A, Exhibit B.

We've then been toweled on occasion, and then on the flipside, we've toweled a few ourselves.

We are so used to seeing defense first, forward(s) oriented games, the faster paced, little man game is DIFFERENT, but in my opinion quite a bit more exciting.

The Tits are a good attacking team and everything went right for them in the first 40 minutes. Their short kicking was sublime; there is no defence to this tactic when it is done well.
When a team gets on a roll the ref goes with them and only seems to adjudicate on the defence.
I know we have had too many rule changes already but here's another suggestion:
* the team that concedes a try or a penalty goal receives the ball on the half-way line to re-start the match with a six-tackle set......
just a thought bubble for consideration.
might be dangerous territory to start rewarding teams for having tries scored against them.....

I like a flogging
kinky GIF

I would support a change back to the scoring team kicking off to break up possession ... down side of that of course would be the big come back in the last 5 minutes would be more difficult ...
it was a reasonably fair trade off between possession and field position.......the point about the comeback win in the last 5 is exactly why it will never be allowed to return......the NRL may even start banning those that suggest it @;)@;)@:)

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8