The 2015 Top 8 and the Spoon, pick yours now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
Our last 7 games we scored 114 and had 170 against. One of the worst records of any team at the end of the season and it will flow into next year. Our defense totally went to sht from rd 21 onwards.

We never do well in the mid decade years.

95, 96, 97???

People get two swept up in the right now, we hit a patch of poor form at the end of the season with the reasons behind being discussed on here at length already.

We are a much better team then that.

Our back line is still class and a number of our Forwards are still improving

I think Sene-Lefao will really cement himself as a genuine player next year and could be a roughie for City Country.

Starling will improve as will Lui and Trjbovic will come through next year.

We are not nearly in as bad a shape as people make out!

Likely top 4, at worst top 6

Ralphie said:
Disco said:
Tigers will be the big improvers for sure

Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Simona, Moses, Brooks, Sironon, Lodge and Woods is a seriously good young framework for a team, through in Farah and Galloway and you are not far off a top 4 team

I'm predicting 5th-6th

Once they clear out Blair, Moltzen and Halutua etc and completement the above with a quality edge and middle backrower then they will be a premiership force

We will be Top 4, Storm will slide slightly

Warriors as always will be a wildcard

Knights, Dragons, Raiders and Sharks to struggle

In Red Above, breaking news, Watmough to the tigpies!

Haha, Weilder exclusive tonight

Seriously though Watmough would be a perfect fit for them

I'd be shipping Blair, Moltzen and Halatua and chase Guerra/Merrin/Taumololo

Are we a top 4 team next year? If they are a happy bunch yeah may be. But more media tarts, more worried about who's got the $ or what Gifty's doing. I don't know. We may be in for a pretty big slide.

Will be a very important off season.

Poor little Toov's has his work cut out. Who would want to be a coach. He needs a new nick name this off season. Little just has to be in there. No not the little master. No not the Littlejohn. Little Geoff. Yeah. So in young one's lingo. Little G. Yeah Little g. You go smack em round Little g.

Andrew.. said:
At this point in time we have arguably one of the best fullbacks in the game the best centre pairing and the best halves...can't see us missing the 8

I don't think he's going to bite Andrew. Maybe try changing your bait.

I don't think we are a top 4 team next year, even if everyone stays and is happy.

The game seems to have "moved on" from what we had / have, ie we no longer control the "power game".

If the new style of game continues (and nothing to say it won't) then like other sides we will have to adapt or buy players that fit the mould or risk being an also ran.

There's no doubt when we and the Storm revolutionised the game in the 2007-11 era that many sides were left behind at that time, really we "owned the game" for a fair while and only injuries and unusual circumstances stopped us from winning more during the period from 2007-2013.

I think we (without the injuries) would have made this years GF given a bit of luck BUT instead of the Bulldogs who were blown away by the Bunnies it would have been us.

So Top 4, not in my opinion, but Top 8 I think so UNLESS we lose every one of our stars except say DCE, if that happens I expect somewhere between 14-10.

It hasn't moved that far considering we had pole position until the last weekend of the regular season...

after reading posts here for the last week the only thing for certain is we are odds on favourites for our first spoon

Bulldogs will get the spoon with a Melbourne Storm style asterisk. Greenberg won't be able to save them this time.

Manly will finish in the middle of the top 8.

I couldn't give 2 sh1ts what else happens.

1 Panthers
2 Cowboys
3 Souths
4 Easts
5 Warriors
6 Tigers
7 Brisbane
8 Bulldogs

9 Storm
10 Parra
11 Titians
12 Knights
13 Manly
14 Sharks
15 Dragons
16 Raiders

GF: Panthers vs Warriors in 2015( I could live with that)

Going to be another tight season next year.

Going to very interesting to see this thread come Round 26 next year!!

Sorry to be so negative but unless things change dramatically over the off season I see next year being Northern Eagles Days revisited.

I hope to anything I am wrong though.

Fluffy said:
after reading posts here for the last week the only thing for certain is we are odds on favourites for our first spoon
Manly minor premiers.
Yes I know, I know, what you are all saying. But I have learned not to doubt the might Sea Eagles, so you heard it here first!
*Subject to mass player migration and major injuries etc!
Too early for serious tipping, but for a laugh:
Manly
Penrith
Bunny
Eel
Chook
Tiger
Dog
Horse

Spoon = shark

Its folly to predict this right now as we need to see where players move and the draw. Last season the Riff got a very cushy draw and that helped them big time.

Here goes anyway

Top 4

Vermin
Rorters
Cowpokes
the Riff

Rest of the 8

Dirty Dogs
Manly
Whining Worms
Donkeys

Also rans

Drizzle
Nits
Warriors
Titans
Tigpies
Drag queens
Faiders

Wooden spoon

Rothtools guppies

Im very surprised by the amount of people thinking the broncos are going to be a big force next year. Why? Because of bennett?

I think the Donkeys were " on the cusp" this year, fair recruitment as well and the hype of the great man coming home , they'll do better for sure BUT not much better, I'd say 7 or 8

1. Bulldogs
2. Panthers
3. Storm
4. Rabbitohs
5. Eels
6. Cowboys
7. Dragons
8. Raiders
I think Manly will just miss the 8, coming 9th-11th
Wooden Spoon: Broncos

dogsofwar said:
1. Bulldogs
2. Panthers
3. Storm
4. Rabbitohs
5. Eels
6. Cowboys
7. Dragons
8. Raiders

Lol.:D Nice try.

Kevinward777 said:
dogsofwar said:
1. Bulldogs
2. Panthers
3. Storm
4. Rabbitohs
5. Eels
6. Cowboys
7. Dragons
8. Raiders

Lol.:D Nice try.

Dragons top 8, Manly 11th

That's funny Dogs Bum!!....oh sorry Dog of War

Andrew.. said:
At this point in time we have arguably one of the best fullbacks in the game the best centre pairing and the best halves...can't see us missing the 8
Most of us thought that about the last eight games. On current form we are not a top eight team. Lets see if tooves can earn his money and turn us around.

Jerry1 said:
Andrew.. said:
Most of us thought that about the last eight games. On current form we are not a top eight team. Lets see if tooves can earn his money and turn us around.

Totally agree Jerry, we weren't really playing like finalists in those last 8 weeks although I thought we showed a lot of toughness in that last game against the dogs.

Hopefully I'm not looking through maroon and white glasses when it comes to our chances in 2015. But I have faith we will still be a force.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8