The BulLOLdogs #LOLBULLDOGS Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Shoe1

Journey Man
Dessie's offsides in the box- Egan? He looks like a phony, over the top facial expressions etc. good riddance

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Ben's tackle into Soward was Barbarous so I'm seeing 2 weeks at least. I know, who hasn't wanted to place knees into Jamie's back but it still looked very nasty. Damn dogs!

tookey

First Grader
Shoe1 said:
Dessie's offsides in the box- Egan? He looks like a phony, over the top facial expressions etc. good riddance

Egan was a very very ordinary footballer with the bears as well

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I see De$ has the dogs breaking early from scrums. New tactic.

Barba again pulled out of a tackle when he thought a try was imminent.

Barba also went down clutching his head until he heard he wasn't getting a penalty then jumped right back into it.

Kasiano (I think) did the ol' not much time left, pretend to be hurt then jump up with a smile...oh just jokes fellah's nothing serious here.

However I tipped them and need the points! So tis ok.

Then again everyone else woulda tipped them too. So.......

driftout

Reserve Grader
The Dragons were absolutely shafted by the referees last Friday . The Bulldogs were slowing down the ruck to speeds you rarely see without being pinged. Long shots on the coverage showed blatant offside play ignored by the officials. Pritchard ran a decoy and initiated contact with a defender in the lead up to a try which was surprisingly ignored (shades of Ballin /Tom Symonds versus Souths but worse in my opinion). The Pritchard no try from a kick was ruled "held up " , despite Pritchard knocking a Saints player out of the way to catch the ball before he was held up. Vidot was lifted to the horizontal by 2 defenders while Kasiano having already tried to use his leg to tackle Vidot, then grabbed Vidot's arm resulting in a nasty chicken wing tackle that could easily have dislocated his arm; Vidot not surprisingly dropped the ball. No penalty was given.

I didn't mention the obligatory half a dozen blatant forward passes from Ennis at dummy half that were ignored , the sight of Sam Perrett walking off the mark almost every time he plays the ball to take the marker out of play and the markers not standing square and splitting early especially on the last tackle to put pressure on the kicker . The Bulldogs got away with a blatant obstruction try against the Warriors and have been gradually re-introducing them to their play.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
This the same club that completely trashed Manly's one-off window of opportunity Oct-Nov to cash in on winning the 2011 grand final?

Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg said the NRL's decision not to kick off this season with the Roosters-Bulldogs derby - Sonny Bill Williams versus his old team - had cost the club as many as 40,000 ticket sales and a financial windfall.

The two sides play at ANZ Stadium on Friday night but the crowd for a game which, under normal circumstances would be branded a blockbuster, was expected to be down from 60,000 to just over 20,000 because of the absence of both teams' State of Origin players.

The notion of opening the year with the Roosters' prized recruit, Williams, taking on the club he abandoned in 2008 to play rugby union and then box was a marketer's dream. However, the NRL didn't take the bait Greenberg offered them during the off-season and he admitted the club was about to count the cost of an opportunity lost.

''If we had've had it in round one we were confident of attracting a crowd of about 60,000, and that's worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to a club like ours,'' Greenberg said. ''We'll have a crowd in the 20s [thousands] but I don't think it'll be in the 30s.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bulldogs-bitten-by-bottom-line-with-blockbuster-scheduling-20130620-2oluz.html

the mauler

Bencher
Brissie Kid said:
This the same club that completely trashed Manly's one-off window of opportunity Oct-Nov to cash in on winning the 2011 grand final?

Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg said the NRL's decision not to kick off this season with the Roosters-Bulldogs derby - Sonny Bill Williams versus his old team - had cost the club as many as 40,000 ticket sales and a financial windfall.

The two sides play at ANZ Stadium on Friday night but the crowd for a game which, under normal circumstances would be branded a blockbuster, was expected to be down from 60,000 to just over 20,000 because of the absence of both teams' State of Origin players.

The notion of opening the year with the Roosters' prized recruit, Williams, taking on the club he abandoned in 2008 to play rugby union and then box was a marketer's dream. However, the NRL didn't take the bait Greenberg offered them during the off-season and he admitted the club was about to count the cost of an opportunity lost.

''If we had've had it in round one we were confident of attracting a crowd of about 60,000, and that's worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to a club like ours,'' Greenberg said. ''We'll have a crowd in the 20s [thousands] but I don't think it'll be in the 30s.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bulldogs-bitten-by-bottom-line-with-blockbuster-scheduling-20130620-2oluz.html
Cry me a river Greenturd. Try having 7 Monday night games and see how ud like that champ.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's going to be dangerous when he goes over to the nrl admin.

dogs are going to get collingwood type bias, but probably even more so.

edit: a bit of a slap in the face to 'his' other players too I might ad. Isn't his team going well enough to draw a crowd. Are they that fair weathered??

Or to put it in words that the dog supporters who sneak over here can understand:

- lol fully sik whinging from whiny boy grogturd. lol all they do is whine, stupid waterboy, lol at them- lol at whiny boy jerkturd. Repeat.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He made a good point, which is that they should always look at being flexible to maximise opportunities to promote the game. Being even-handed with all clubs is a different issue.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Where was his "good point" when the day after the 2011 GF win they started white-anting Manly? How much $ did Manly lose in the days & weeks after the 2011 GF win due to fans being disillusoned by what had happened over their coach & possibly losing many players?

Every NRL club banks on cashing-in over the three months between a GF win and Christmas. Makes up for the other years of overspending. It is the time you get new sponsors, bigger sponsor $, more members and merchandise sales.

All of that in 2011 got ruined by Canterbury's self interest. Disgusting. I will never forgive or forget.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Not so sure of the relevance of this thread any longer. They have won more games this season than we have.

bones

Bones Knows
They have also played an extra game than us, but don't let that get in the way of your argument.

The Who

Journey Man
bones said:
They have also played an extra game than us, but don't let that get in the way of your argument.

Plus they gave up trying against Easts and Newcastle, losing both matches by more than 30 points. We have a team that would never give up. All of our losses have been extremely close.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
8 wins and 6 losses to the Dogs with a P/D of -21.

They have a very talented roster but I don't know if they have the heart to make it to the big day this year.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12