The BulLOLdogs #LOLBULLDOGS Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Congratulations to the Dogs, they are obviously looking forward not backwards. I assume this is one tough woman… she will need to be.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Congratulations to the Dogs, they are obviously looking forward not backwards. I assume this is one tough woman… she will need to be.
I hope she does a Julia Gillard on them and stuffs them up

Gender is irrelevant. I still hate the dogs. They could put a manly legend in charge and I would still hate them. Oh yeah they did. I wish her luck with des.

RL Gronk said:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/netball...to-Doggies-job

Fan anger over Castle's link to Bulldogs job
CHRIS BARCLAY
Last updated 19:03 28/05/2013

The dogs are howling after reports linking Netball New Zealand chief executive Raelene Castle to the Canterbury Bulldogs' top job, with opinion divided on the NRL club's unofficial fan forum.

Castle is on the short-list to succeed Todd Greenberg, a popular administrator who will join the Australian Rugby League Commission's management team as head of football in late July.

If appointed, Castle would become the first female chief executive of an NRL club and follow the lead of fellow New Zealander Liz Dawson, who was chief executive at the Adelaide Rams during the season-long Super League era in 1997.

Castle, who has headed Netball New Zealand since 2007, is reportedly on a short-list that also features ACT Brumbies chief executive Andrew Fagan and Australian Rugby Union Players' Association boss Greg Harris.

Given the NRL recently celebrated its Women in League round, it would be timely if Castle was chosen to run a club that has a chequered history regarding its alleged treatment of females.

In 2004, six players were accused of the gang rape of a 20-year-old woman during a pre-season trip to Coffs Harbour. Police did not lay charges, however.

Last October, a Channel Nine reporter covering the Bulldogs' post-grand final Mad Monday drinking session said she was verbally abused.

The attitudes of players towards women again came under scrutiny last week when Queenslander Katie Lewis claimed she was assaulted by Auckland-born South Sydney and Maroons star Ben Te'o. He has denied any wrongdoing and charges have not been laid.

If Castle was interested in gaining an insight into the mindset of fans, The Kennel would be a useful research tool. Soon after Fairfax broke the possibility of Castle's appointment, the forum attracted enlightened and abusive responses.

On hearing a rumour that the new chief executive had been selected and was a woman, Blackys Dogs posted: ''Think this is a good move from the DOGS and shows our forward thinking. This woman is a very good operator with a strong marketing background also.''

Alan79 posted: ''The company that we have screening the applicants found Todd Greenberg so they are good at what they do. If the best candidate is a woman, so be it. It isn't the 1800s any more, so even sporting institutions need to be prepared to accept progress.

''At the end of the day we appear to have a healthy head office that seems free of in-fighting and who have the best interests of the club at heart. So if our next CEO (man, woman or hermaphrodite) isn't up to standard I would expect them to not last very long in the role.

''I'll remind people that [coach Des] Hasler managed to win premierships at Manly while their board was supposed to have some big internal rifts. I think that we will continue to perform well on field even if we recruit a CEO that isn't of the highest quality.''

However, you can't always teach an old dog like The Pedigree new tricks: ''The bra burners will be delighted! How the ... can a woman run a man's game? Freakn joke [sic]. Women have one job in life. Cooking, cleaning and raising kids. Not running footy clubs!"

"Gender shouldn't matter but let's be real,'' wrote Immortalbulldog.
''Can you really see Des putting up with a woman telling him they can't afford this or his budget is getting cut here or anything like that?

''If she is honestly by far and away the best candidate then fine but if not why risk it? We need a good CEO not an image improving novelty.''

those germs at the kennel imagine saying that about the poor women before she has even started there. Filthy Bigots. Good Luck Rae you are going to need it there

That link doesn't work but I have tracked down the link that does:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8726799/Fan-anger-over-Castles-link-to-Bulldogs-job

It would now appear that she did end up getting the Dogs CEO position with confirmation expected today:

Peers voice praise as Castle gets Bulldogs job
BRAD WALTER AND ADRIAN PROZSENKO
Last updated 05:00 29/05/2013

Leading administrators have welcomed the appointment of Netball New Zealand chief executive Raelene Castle to the Bulldogs job, with confirmation expected today that she will become the first female CEO of an NRL club for 15 years.

Click here to continue reading.

RL Gronk said:
Yes bones once again the prove what filth they are over there.
The woman is obviously qualified. Good luck to her she is going to need it.

Good on the dogs board for being so forward thinking

Well said Cambo.

Belmore merging CEO with mascot...

RS-20130527222942183673-300x0.jpg

images

This ain't netball mate , this is rugby league and its no place for the faint hearted

I read the article in the paper about all the pathetic comments the neanderthal's on the kennel had been posting and thought glad our forum posters don't stoop that low. Some people seriously need to get over the idea that women are some sort of lower life form than guys. Maybe one of her first initiatives should be to rename the kennel the cave

Netball New Zealand Would have to be a bigger economy than that of the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.

MissKate said:
I read the article in the paper about all the pathetic comments the neanderthal's on the kennel had been posting and thought glad our forum posters don't stoop that low. Some people seriously need to get over the idea that women are some sort of lower life form than guys. Maybe one of her first initiatives should be to rename the kennel the cave
With due respect Miss Kate This is not a personnel attack on Gods most beautiful and greatest creation the Woman . This is just a send up for the doggy club .

I think her appointment is a positive one and I wish her all the best.

There's no problem with the Dogs excelling off the field as long as we keep beating them on it.

BOZO said:
With due respect Miss Kate This is not a personnel attack on Gods most beautiful and greatest creation the Woman . This is just a send up for the doggy club .
You sent them up for hiring a woman. What does that say about you?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Nothing said on the kennel that we haven't seen said on here tbh
We have said worse things about Greenturd so we are not discriminating here . The ladies should not get their nickers in a knot .

Personally I think it's a great signing, she clearly has runs on the board and might even shake up the "old boys club".....it doesn't have to be "who looks the hottest" either, her looks are irrelevant, her skills are what is imoprtant.

Ballsy move by the dogs, I am very happy to cane them on here when they lose or when a troll comes over but on this occasion any bad comments are just that...bad!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8