The Bye, NRL are a joke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Haha you are trolling right?

We have uneven teams so if there are no byes who is the 17th team playing 😂

Definite trolling
One team could play Thursday night and back up again on Sunday. Players do it at Origin time. (I’m joking of course)

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
The only way to solve this is to bring in an additional team or punt one.
Or one team plays a best of NSW cup or Queensland cup team,. Will give fringe players an opportunity to show their wears against a first grade team but would be expensive to manage and run.

Last edited:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Only if everyone knows who the guy in the pic is, and

why the word succulent is used, and

and the band and the name of the song where the guy re-appeared many years later.

:)

47MVEagle

Bencher
The only way to solve this is to bring in an additional team or punt one.
Or one team plays a best of NSW cup or Queensland cup team,. Will give fringe players an opportunity to show their wears against a first grade team but would be expensive to manage and run.
I reckon we get rid of 2 teams & bring in a new one

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This thread is peak ST.

Well done OP, I think you have taken the crown off the last clown.

D

Deleted member 26876

I don’t mind it the way it is tbh. Worse is the eels draw

Stevo

First Grader
No byes till round after round 5 is the best idea since Trent Barrett selecting Matt Wright at hooker.

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Poor succulent. He/She/ them/ they is really showing their unadulterated bias towards Manly in the sense of the timing of the bye. ( which from what I understand is what being a one eyed supporter is all about) Some teams will get it when their players will benefit from the rest not when they need as much game time as possible to get match fit. I think @Succulent should be applauded at pointing out this grave injustice… his suggestion makes perfect sense it just needs to point out that our team should not get the bye until round 5….

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Poor succulent. He/She/ them/ they is really showing their unadulterated bias towards Manly in the sense of the timing of the bye. ( which from what I understand is what being a one eyed supporter is all about) Some teams will get it when their players will benefit from the rest not when they need as much game time as possible to get match fit. I think @Succulent should be applauded at pointing out this grave injustice… his suggestion makes perfect sense it just needs to point out that our team should not get the bye until round 5….
exactly
what i meant, i was busy when i posting and wasn’t concentrating

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Its obvious the no byes until rounds 4-5.

A "barbarians" team of unselected players play for the first 4-5 rounds.

StuBoot

Bencher
Yeah, it's Parra, so who really cares? But if it was us, I'd be filthy. Really baffling that no one in the NRL's scheduling department looked at their draw and didn't see it as inherently unfair.
They raised it last night on FOX but even Hindy said he reckons at thi time of the year it's no big deal, if it was later in the year it would be concern.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12