The changing language of rugby league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Each era the sport seems to sprout new words to describe aspects of play.
Up-and-unders became 'bombs'.
Dying with the ball became 'Hit-ups'
The 25-yard line became 'the red zone'
A tackle became 'a hit'
Defence became 'D'
Knock-backs became non existent
and who knows why 'Inside shoulder' and 'Outside shoulder' ever became part of the RL lexicon?

So, I need your explanation for a phrase that keeps coming from the mouths of players, coaches and commentators...
What and where is the 'Middle Third' of a football ground? Apparently this is where teams like to attack from.
Now, I understand where the middle of the football ground is. It's where the ball is kicked off from. But where is that mysterious 'third' of which I hear them speak? Is the ground divided by longitude or latitude?
Regardless, isn't the word 'third' superfluous? Doesn't the single word 'middle' adequately describe the area of the field?
All correspondence will be greatly appreciated.
A tackle has now become “the contest”

SET RESTART - why can’t we be told what the set restart refringement is for ? The refs are miked up and all you need is two words after the Set Restart comes up in red eg. SET RESTART - HOLDING DOWN/ SET RESTART - OFF SIDE etc
At the moment it is like winning a feature on the poker machine and is really starting to become a joke. Just imagine the last minute in a grand final , the scores are tied and one team gets a SET RESTART and we have no idea what it is for and they score ? Absolutely crazy so show the reason or scrap the whole idea of having it because I am frankly fed up with it in the current format. Also as with penalty count during a game put up the number of restarts that each team is getting as the game goes on - Parramatta , Storm and Roosters are teachers pets again - I saw one set that Parramatta had 3 restarts !!!! Joke !!!!

SET RESTART - why can’t we be told what the set restart refringement is for ? The refs are miked up and all you need is two words after the Set Restart comes up in red eg. SET RESTART - HOLDING DOWN/ SET RESTART - OFF SIDE etc
At the moment it is like winning a feature on the poker machine and is really starting to become a joke. Just imagine the last minute in a grand final , the scores are tied and one team gets a SET RESTART and we have no idea what it is for and they score ? Absolutely crazy so show the reason or scrap the whole idea of having it because I am frankly fed up with it in the current format. Also as with penalty count during a game put up the number of restarts that each team is getting as the game goes on - Parramatta , Storm and Roosters are teachers pets again - I saw one set that Parramatta had 3 restarts !!!! Joke !!!!
Would be that like having a Grand Final where the ref calls 6 again and then when you get tackled he changes his mind and says it wasn't six again it's now a handover. Then the opposition scores a try next set to win the game. Would it be like that ??

............. - Parramatta , Storm and Roosters are teachers pets again - I saw one set that Parramatta had 3 restarts !!!! Joke !!!!
Add the panfers to that list. Deadset the Titans got arse raped yesterday by set restarts against them and little to none to them.

The thing that is getting my goat at the moment is that every player is a "star" player. Adam Elliot is not a "star" player. Sione Mata'utia is not a "star" player. I've seen two separate reports in the last two days refer to them as "stars". They are merely players, or if there is a need to elevate them, call them 'regular first graders' (although Elliot is not that, so go figure). Fair dinkum...

The thing that is getting my goat at the moment is that every player is a "star" player. Adam Elliot is not a "star" player. Sione Mata'utia is not a "star" player. I've seen two separate reports in the last two days refer to them as "stars". They are merely players, or if there is a need to elevate them, call them 'regular first graders' (although Elliot is not that, so go figure). Fair dinkum...

Today dce was mentioned as a "super-star", so maybe everyone has moved up a notch?

Today dce was mentioned as a "super-star", so maybe everyone has moved up a notch?
NRL is all about STARS...
Journos = Stars in their eyes
Easts V Melbourne = Star Wars
All 16-year olds with promise = Rising Stars
Twenty & Manly = Star-crossed Lovers
Easts' three-peat = Written in the Stars
AFB's opinion of refs = Blazing Star
Nick Politis = Thank my Lucky Stars

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16