The Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Watching the game on TV yesterday it looked like the Manly fans easily out-numbered the Warriors mob. Nearly 82k people there. I hope the club was handing out membership forms.

Nah there were more warriors/people jumping on the warriors bandwagon. The noise they made was crazy which makes the win so much sweeter.

it seemed like there was more NZ wheni got there but Manly fans got vocal and it seemed we had more. Great atmosphere though. No anger, quite jovial and fair. I was in the members though. Saw a few tweed jackets!

sittin in the Manly supporters section we seemed to be alot louder and more active in the flag waving compared to the Warroir fans(?) on the opposite side.

But Did anyone else notice that the Warrior merchindise was mainly soldout before the game. Rebel Sport obviously took more Seaeagle product than Warriors.

Was down the Warriors end and there was still plenty of Manly support and I'd say about 25-30% of people in the southern Warriors end were wearing Sea Eagles colours or shouting for the Sea Eagles.

But there was massive support for the Warriors overall and plenty of people who i spoke to in beer queues etc had come over from NZ for the game.

Overall it would have been about 50-50 Manly-Warriors. The northern end seemed chock full of Manly colours and flags was very vocal.

I must say the Warriors supporters are fair sports and seem to be very respectful too - there was none of the ugliness that I saw from Melbourne supporters at the 2007 GF

I was on the halfway line and believe me the warriors supporters were much louder. I think alot of them were nuetrals that were jumping on the warriors bandwagon. The maaaannnnllllyyyy chant at the start of the game was insane though.

Yeah interesting swoop, maybe my perspective was just because of where I was sitting, although I agree with BE that when I arrived at about 3.30pm I was shocked by the sea of black all around the ground.

But I knew there where loads of Manly colours on the way due to even what I'd seen on the buses coming along the 1A route from brookvale where we passed lots of bustops full of people who couldn't get on because our bus was full.

The Manly support just arrived late like it always does :angel: and the Warriors supporters had a good reason to be there nice and early because their boys where playing in all grades ( a massive feat in itself wasn't it)

Now I know why the Warriors will never go anywhere in our comp. On the train back to Strathfield many were saying that anyway, they won the U20s. Pitiful. Winning the premiership is all, nothing is anywhere near that pinnacle. Winning the U20s is like winning puff-ball. A very weak consolation prize.

Sat at the Manly end but when we arrived outside the ground the NYC Warriors must have scored and the roar that went up was so loud. It was good that Manly were in front for most of the game. It kept the Warriors fans quieter.

DSM5 said:
Now I know why the Warriors will never go anywhere in our comp. On the train back to Strathfield many were saying that anyway, they won the U20s. Pitiful. Winning the premiership is all, nothing is anywhere near that pinnacle. Winning the U20s is like winning puff-ball. A very weak consolation prize.

haha you're a hard taskmaster, what a classic but you're dead right - without the burning deep desire to win second place will always seem good enuff

'good enuff bro' is never good enuff

Brissie Kid said:
Sat at the Manly end but when we arrived outside the ground the NYC Warriors must have scored and the roar that went up was so loud. It was good that Manly were in front for most of the game. It kept the Warriors fans quieter.

That was when they showed the Warriors getting off the bus on the tv screens. It was pretty even in support and noise but it was pretty friendly as well. I hope they can win the premiership sometime, just not against us!

On the train it would of been 80% Warriors supporters. Had lunch at Piccolo Roma, and it was mostly Warrior supporters in there too, there was a group of about 12-14 Manly supporters sitting behind our group. The group I was with was nearly all Warrior band wagon supporters.

Got into the ground about 2:30 and it seemed about 80% still. Around kick off time Manly supporters seemed to jump to about 40%. It was great hearing the Manly chant every so often.

Spoke to a few Warriors supporters after the game over the next few hours and they all seemed happy but disappointed. There was no bloody ref or anything negative. It was "all good bro, you just too good on the day".

Crowd allegiance depended on where you were sitting. I would say that Manly fans outnumbered Warriors ones but that many of the neutrals supported them. At the Northern end it was blanket Manly and the Southern end was about 30 - 70! It was mixed in the stands. Manly fans did us proud as they usually do!!

i agree bones. 60/40

The MAAAANLY chant was loud as ever!

the warriors fans were great. A few sat next to us and cheered everytime Joe and matai ran the ball up. shook their hands after the game and wished them the best. At the novatell tehy were in high spirits too.

Bottom line is that it was a friendly crowd. There was no Manly hate present and the relationship between the two clubs is respectful. It was a good day to be at the footy, the result making it even better.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8