• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Contrary to peoples attitude here, DCE actually inspired me tonight.

Inspired me to turn over to channel 504, and watch The Swans battle past the The Hawks.

What a game. Nice to watch a team of players who buy into a "we are bloods" brotherhood for each other.

So different to this sell sword DCE. At least i never waivered from thinking he was pissing off. I HOPED he would stay, but who wants a player that puts himself above his team and team mates?

He's won 3 games all season, lost all 9's three games, lost the trials, lost all his last finals, lost a heap before that, and he sits there with a Richie Rich grin sounding like a tosser

The damage he's done to his brand is irreparable.

Is that with Buddy Franklin playing who walked out on Hawthorn 3 day's after winning a premiership. They are no different from rugby league players it's just in Sydney they haven't got the spotlight on them.

Yes, but he is SUPPOSED to be our best (or very close) player like every other half in the game.

Are you defending his form, or the fact he signed elsewhere?

If he IS our best player as you say, maybe he needs more man of the match performances like Thurston has? Consistency. Hell, he'll be earning more than Thurston next season. Thought of that?

He's just lucky he is coming of contract at the moment and all other half's of contract are rubbish.

Is that with Buddy Franklin playing who walked out on Hawthorn 3 day's after winning a premiership. They are no different from rugby league players it's just in Sydney they haven't got the spotlight on them.

But did Franklin drag Hawthorn through months and months of procrastination, leaving Hawthorn with limited options at replacing him?

I take Buddy more like Hopoate. He just up and left. I was filthy, but got over it quickly.

Buddy didn't traul through the media on a daily basis, boasting about enjoying the process while his fans spewed.

Also, The Hawks were winning. They were a well oiled machine. We are getting beaten down 80% of the time.

But did Franklin drag Hawthorn through months and months of procrastination, leaving Hawthorn with limited options at replacing him?

I take Buddy more like Hopoate. He just up and left. I was filthy, but got over it quickly.

Buddy didn't traul through the media on a daily basis, boasting about enjoying the process while his fans spewed.

Also, The Hawks were winning. They were a well oiled machine. We are getting beaten down 80% of the time.

He did actually Ryan he was going 2 go 2 GWS and the speculation went right through the year.lf you lived in Melbourne it was bigger than DCE.

Not letting DCE of lightly but the club needed 2 take control of this months ago. Either match the offer or don't but if the club said thanks DCE but we can't match it the speculation would be gone months a go.

Yes, but he is SUPPOSED to be our best (or very close) player like every other half in the game.

Are you defending his form, or the fact he signed elsewhere?

If he IS our best player as you say, maybe he needs more man of the match performances like Thurston has? Consistency. Hell, he'll be earning more than Thurston next season. Thought of that?
His form has been good this year, 3 man of matches and up there with leaders in try assists. Has been giving his all even when busted. He can't single handly win the match by himself each week!

I just think he cops too much criticism especially from his own fans. People want a player that bleeds for their team..well, thats what he does every week. I would like him to stay but pretty sure he is going to honour the deal he has made but still confident with manly moving forward. Thought he answered the questions fine and just said at this stage will be playing for titans next year and that nate will be great for our young forwards like Jake. If he goes we will get carney and another good young half. We will be fine either way

He did actually Ryan he was going 2 go 2 GWS and the speculation went right through the year.lf you lived in Melbourne it was bigger than DCE.

Not sure myself. Aside from the NHL, its only really the last 3-4 months ive started looking for other sports.

You just said he signed 3 days after the Grand Final, so i went with that.

All i know is the culture at Sydney is one of brotherhood. You hear Manlys culture is fractured at all levels (ownership to coaching to management to players).

His form has been good this year, 3 man of matches and up there with leaders in try assists. Has been giving his all even when busted. He can't single handly win the match by himself each week!

I just think he cops too much criticism especially from his own fans. People want a player that bleeds for their team..well, thats what he does every week. I would like him to stay but pretty sure he is going to honour the deal he has made but still confident with manly moving forward. Thought he answered the questions fine and just said at this stage will be playing for titans next year and that nate will be great for our young forwards like Jake. If he goes we will get carney and another good young half. We will be fine either way

Cant disagree with most of that mate. Except, i think DCE is a business. He treats it that way.

He'd perform the same way as he does right now at every and any club he plays for.

BUT, he doesn't have passion for the fans, members, clubs, team mates he plays for. The difference between him and Thurston with fan interaction and treatment is chalk and cheese.

Anyway, i hope he wracks off. I want him gone. I want to be able to move on with players who want to be here.

Not sure myself. Aside from the NHL, its only really the last 3-4 months ive started looking for other sports.

You just said he signed 3 days after the Grand Final, so i went with that.

All i know is the culture at Sydney is one of brotherhood. You hear Manlys culture is fractured at all levels (ownership to coaching to management to players).

Yep I agree I think we need a broom through the place and I know it's not a popular point of view but my opinion is the coach needs 2 go also.

Last edited:
DCE's best year was 2011, his stats have gone backwards and now he demands a premium. Better off poaching a few QLD cup halves and giving them a go.

Yep I agree I think we need a broom through the place and I know it's not a popular point of view the coach needs 2 go also.

Agree. I think we need a fresh start and rebuild. I love the fact Myles wants to be here, but he's no Ben Kennedy. Anyway, here is my team next season in an ideal world for mine.

Coach: Trent Barrett

01. Brett Stewart
02. Tom Trbojevic
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Todd Carney
08. Nate Myles
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Brenton Lawrence
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Luke Burgess
17. Blake Leary

18. Ligi Sao

Everyone else...not sure anymore

Just imagine Chezza is the girl in this clip. 'I want the money, thats what i want'. Stay or go, whoever offers the most money. DCE Incorporated.

I've been really disappointed in the coverage of this whole saga here in Amsterdam. I'm not certain as my Dutch skills can be described as very basic so I may have missed it in the papers and news but I haven't seen one article! Atrocious coverage.

Meh think I'll jump on my omafiets and go buy some space cake

Get in your vrachtwagen transporter and head to the coffee shop for a schmoke and a pancake!
Isn't that a Belgian thing?

I've got a bakfiets of that helps

babboe-city.jpg

He was on the fox sports last night . He was pressed by by numerous people on whether he'll stay and all he could say is Manly have until rd 13 and "anything could happen".

He has not categorically said he is no chance at staying.

I'm now quite optimistic that he'll to a triple pike and stay.

More likely that Chez is playing with the Media who originally made up the backflip story (Erin Molan), that resulted in his family home being staked out.

Chez may also enjoy the angst it is causing to Manly. Just as he felt rejected when JoeKer told him of the revised deal and to feel free to test the market.

The GC deal is much more than money.
Chez will be the #1 player at the Club, on and off the field. At Manly he is not even part of the Leadership Group.

Good luck to him, he deserves it.

No doubt that he will continue to help Manly on the field this year. Especially if SOO overlooks him with Morgan/Napa filling the 17th man bench spot.

-----------------------------------------------
SMITH’S SUCCESSOR

“IN my eyes, Daly Cherry-Evans is the next captain of Queensland,” Smith said.

“The next cab off the rank would have been Thurston, but he is the same age as me.

“Personally, and I’m not saying this is what Mal (Meninga, coach) or the QRL are thinking, but I’d be looking to Daly.

“I just think his on-field demeanour is very good. He doesn’t get flustered, he is very calm on the field, he is a respectful young bloke and off the field, he is a champion fella as well.

“Being a captain these days is more than just walking the team out, you have to do media, you have to be an ambassador.

“Daly speaks well, he’s eloquent, so he’s the all-round package.

“He’s just turned 26. I don’t know if I will have an official say, but Daly is the future.”

Last edited:
Yep, the only 3 matches we have won was when he was man of match in all 3. He is our best player and is going next year and we are coming second last.
But if your Man of the Match unbalances the team and wants a culture built around him rather than being a true senior player nurturing the likes of the young Turbos and Gutho then, for mine, he truly can bugger off. It's a team sport and observations of body language over all the years he's been with us, tell me he's not a team player. The player he's most often compared to as an example of building a team around is J. Thurston. Yet, if you watch Thurston in a game, he is a true leader and others really want to play for him. And still ... no premiership.
All that glitters ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10