• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
How has round 13 killed the game this year?

The only club that has had issues with this is Manly due to the inept club mgt.

I don't see Saints trying to make Merrin backflip

I don't see Roosters trying to make Master chef backflip

I don't see South's trying to make Luke backflip

Only Manly seem to be playing this backflip game as we completely screwed up the negotiations with many of our players including DCE and Foran in the first place.

There have been reports Roosters were trying to get RTS to backflip on the warriors deal.

Souffs arn't getting luke to backflip because they got Mcinnes to back flip instead.

I have absolutely no inside info on this. I am just responding to a gut feeling based on reports I keep reading. To me there are two outstanding issues that will determine if DCE stays. First is Lussick signing with Manly. That seems highly likely. Second is if Manly are able to raise something at least in the ball park of the Titans offer. My reading of what DCE is saying is that he is still open for such an offer to be made. If so he'll stay, if not he'll go. I think he wants to stay but on his terms. Its how the Manly admin deal with this that will determine the outcome.
I think your reading it right, however If the admin got it right in the first place we would all be playing happy fans not putting up this side show.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
After watching that interview I get the feeling that either one of two things are happening:

1 - DCE is not happy with Manly's offers thus far and is intent on heading to the Gold Coast unless Manly come to the table with more.

2 - He plans to stay but is trying to craft the image that it will be a last minute change of heart based on Manly coming up with the superior offer (in an attempt to minimise the blowback from all the criticism he has copped after the rumours of a backflip first surfaced).

If it's option 1 I hope Manly come to the table with a better offer. If it's option 2 then yay.

double hoops

First Grader
Todays Courier Mail quotes that Manly have now matched the Gold Coast offer. So presumeably 1 million a year.

The above Fox Interview with Cherry has DCE suggesting there currently not a Manly Contract on the table, wait and see what the next two weeks brings?

So which one is false?

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
The Courier Mail will print whatever they think will sell papers and is likely to garner attention in Queensland. Whether it's true or not is a minor consideration.
I'm not saying what Fox has reported is correct but take it as gospel that anything reported in the Courier Mail is unadulterated bulls**t.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
The Courier Mail will print whatever they think will sell papers and is likely to garner attention in Queensland. Whether it's true or not is a minor consideration.
I'm not saying what Fox has reported is correct but take it as gospel that anything reported in the Courier Mail is unadulterated bulls**t.
Pretty sure the Courier Mail and Fox are all the same thing.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Im in the he will go camp, but id really like to see DCE catch the Kieran Forum before origin.
Daly Chez has left the Foran Forum for dead.

In 38 days we have managed to post 3,221 posts or 84 per Daly day - making @Dan a truckload of pickled herring hits :D

Whilst FF has a paltry 3,524 in the whole of 1,144 days since its inception - making our interest in Foran a mere 3 posts per day - at this rate @Dan would have to catch his own herrings :p

PS I'm just waiting to cheer the Dogs onto another loss:finger:

XV-1

First Grader
Todays Courier Mail quotes that Manly have now matched the Gold Coast offer. So presumeably 1 million a year.

The above Fox Interview with Cherry has DCE suggesting there currently not a Manly Contract on the table, wait and see what the next two weeks brings?

So which one is false?

Neither

DCE thought he had a deal late last year when new mgt said it did not exist

He wants to see a contract on the table with what he has asked for ready to sign

He is telling the truth

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Neither

He wants to see a contract on the table with what he has asked for ready to sign

He is telling the truth
This was what I was thinking also; that they gave a verbal commitment to match the $ but nothing was in black and white, i.e. a contract ready for him to sign - hence the seemingly contradictory statements from him in the media over the last 2 days. I think he will stay.

Mavin

Bencher
Neither

He is telling the truth

What truth would that be the Friday channel 7 truth or the Saturday fox truth? His words not mine on Friday discussing contract “They made it quite clear they were quite happy to make that offer and for me to make a call on that,’’ Cherry Evans told Channel 7.So he told us we have made an offer.

Last night his words not mine “I guess it would be a curious situation to see what does eventuate if (Manly) do offer something.” So in the space of 1 night DCE has backflipped on his own story.

I support him he is entitled 2 get every cent he can but it is obvious he is a liar.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
What truth would that be the Friday channel 7 truth or the Saturday fox truth? His words not mine on Friday discussing contract “They made it quite clear they were quite happy to make that offer and for me to make a call on that,’’ Cherry Evans told Channel 7.So he told us we have made an offer.

Last night his words not mine “I guess it would be a curious situation to see what does eventuate if (Manly) do offer something.” So in the space of 1 night DCE has backflipped on his own story.

I support him he is entitled 2 get every cent he can but it is obvious he is a liar.
Yes, it is contradictory; however, it could be a matter of we gave him a verbal offer, but he is yet to see a formal contract with everything locked in and ready for him to sign. Once bitten twice shy, I mean, it would seem that this is what happened at the start of the year - he had a verbal agreement that he was happy with but didn't have a formal contract ready to sign, and then new management came in and changed the terms/$.

Who knows, they could make a movie about this one day, when we look back at our 10 year dominance between 2016 and 2026 including 7 premierships and 7 world club challenge victories - it all started when the man known as 'The Cherry' backflipped on the now defunct Titans...

Mavin

Bencher
Huh? First quote states a probability of Manly making an offer, not that they handed him one to consider

He said Manly have matched the offer or were happy 2 he lied. They made it quiet clear they were prepared 2 match that offer(his words) no probability they are prepared . The word is offer yet last night we have supposedly not offered anything. 1 of those statements is a lie and he has trashed his rep after his performance last night.

He came across as a guy who was just loving the attention a bit 2 much last night for me.

Mavin

Bencher
Yes, it is contradictory; however, it could be a matter of we gave him a verbal offer, but he is yet to see a formal contract with everything locked in and ready for him to sign. Once bitten twice shy, I mean, it would seem that this is what happened at the start of the year - he had a verbal agreement that he was happy with but didn't have a formal contract ready to sign, and then new management came in and changed the terms/$.

Who knows, they could make a movie about this one day, when we look back at our 10 year dominance between 2016 and 2026 including 7 premierships and 7 world club challenge victories - it all started when the man known as 'The Cherry' backflipped on the now defunct Titans...

I agree I don't think we have produced a "contract" yet who knows what we are doing but an offer has been made according 2 DCE himself. The other point is if he had a contract last year that he was happy with why didn't he sign it?

Either way 2 weeks and we can forget this sorry episode

We seem very slow in getting deals done have we heard anything more about Garbutt? what about Lussick? We move at snails pace.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14