• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So it ended up costing us another $5m to keep Cherry Evans.

Great negotiating skills by our club. Sensational work

Had the Sea Eagles followed through with their initial offer, tabled late last year, they could have kept the Maroons and Kangaroos halfback on the northern beaches and saved themselves up to $5 million in the process. Fairfax Media understands the previous management had tabled an offer of about $3.5 million over three years, which was agreed to in principle.

Significantly, only $750,000 per annum was counted in the salary cap following discussions with third-party sponsors, including long-time backers Telstra, ANZ and Fox. Cherry-Evans signed with the Titans after a revised offer fell $800,000 short of the initial one.

Asked if the club could have saved itself a significant sum by following through on its initial offer, chairman Scott Penn said: "The fact is we had an ownership change at the club and the fact is we've only had full ownership control since October last year. Therefore we were not privy to some discussions that happened before that time.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ld-coast-titans-backflip-20150603-ghg1rm.html

ManlyDaly.jpg

This Thread should also be renamed to The Manly Daly!

Ralphie that is a valid concern in what you say about retaining our kids. You must also remember that the cap is going to rise again soon and there won't be any further negotiations for DCE so the club should now focus on keeping the rest of our really good kids.

I suspect that, though there will be some struggle in coming up with the money to retain the 'kids', two points should be noted. The three mentioned, Tom T, Jake T and Gutho are local juniors and apparently love being Sea Eagles. Secondly retaining DCE will probably go a long way to encouraging them to remain MWSEs

I suspect that, though there will be some struggle in coming up with the money to retain the 'kids', two points should be noted. The three mentioned, Tom T, Jake T and Gutho are local juniors and apparently love being Sea Eagles. Secondly retaining DCE will probably go a long way to encouraging them to remain MWSEs
Don't forget that the kids are signed to 17, same year Killer, Ballin and Matai come off, plus Snake's deal is up after next year. Plenty of money coming off the books. Plus Myles last year will be 2018. There is a steady flow of stars coming off deals over the next few years.

You could say it's a Titanic loss for them.

I must admit that I am considerably amused that the Titans come out of this with no sezer, no Myles, no DCE and they are now paying overs for their local junior LG. The problem still nagging at me is the $$ and the impact that will have on our ability to build a quality team around him. This may all seem good right now, but what happens when Tom & Jake T and Gutherson et al hit the big time and we simply cannot come anywhere near what others are offering. That's the moment we will collectively have buyers remorse.
You seem confused? If it's a Titanic loss for the Titans, then it's a Titanic win for Manly. Yes?

There's no reason for the Titans to gripe. They always knew Daly wasn't in the bag until round 13, and Daly never led them astray about that. The Titans have no-one to blame other than themselves for the other player movements. They meekly let Myles and Sezer go and can get them back right now if they want - which they don't. And they were fortunate to pay under market value for Elgey because he wanted to stay loyal to Titan dysfunctionality for some misguided reason.

And one day they might finally learn the lesson that bidding for key Manly players, especially when Fulton/Arko is involved, comes at a risk.

Hopefully this gets the nrl to increase the salary cap quicker...and more!

10 mill for everyone! woot

If the long term player cap exemption thingy got brought in after we lost gift....will the nrl now take it back out again as in 6 years dce will be a long term player? (i think)

So the Gold Coast Bulletin papers headline - Filthy Cockroach
What a low act to make a story on a young man staying where he wanted to all along & was well in his rights to do so......this is only footy at the end of the day.
Other stories include rapists, thieves, drug deals ect but they opt for this on the front page!!
Filthy paper is the only story I get out of it......

Love everything about it! Looks happy, I feel happy, happy wife, kids loving it. ****... We're coming last but to me it seems like a great time to be a Manly fan!

Great thing about the mighty sea eagles. We always seem to be on top or own our way to the top.

Not like the spoon dwellers such as squeels.

One thing you can say, is DCE never shies from the media, even when under pressure. Confident kid. I would be having a few days off, but he's at the forefront, speaking openly and honestly with everyone.

Credit where it's due. He's got bigger balls than I would ever have.

One thing you can say, is DCE never shies from the media, even when under pressure. Confident kid. I would be having a few days off, but he's at the forefront, speaking openly and honestly with everyone.

Credit where it's due. He's got bigger balls than I would ever have.
Yes it doesn't seem to bother him what others say like he said in the presser the people and family that know him know the person he is and thats all that matters
The modern day football professional it seems

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10