• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Foxsports block o/s video watching. I'm surprised when the roar does this as well....I mean it's the roar...who do they think they are??

Though we can use vpn's I know, but just saying that foxsports block vids. :)

edit: forget this - Dan has already pointed it out.

edit edit: - so stop reading this!
This is 2v saying 'We got one back'
2vHappy.JPG

This is 2v saying 'The Manly Fans are Firing!'
2vFiring.JPG

1433326686760.jpg

Last edited:
My inside sources tell me that was the final tipping point. He mentioned the cutting edge tecnnology on Silvertails to Orr and told him he believed the Titans forum could not achieve such a thing.
Then asked for a pen.:D
More of a tipping rectangle. And YES, with the countdown clock and the swirling page, Dan has achieved the DIZZYING heights of Forum administration in an inspired DCE like display.

ALL HAIL DAN !
Your not managed by Gavin Orr are you Dan?

Come on ManlyMatt. We can gloat but lets be magnanimous to our Titan guests. Its a big loss for them yet Titanic seems to be being reasonable about the situation. We're all Rugby League family. Save the criticism for the Aussie Rules turkeys.
You could say it's a Titanic loss for them.

I must admit that I am considerably amused that the Titans come out of this with no sezer, no Myles, no DCE and they are now paying overs for their local junior LG. The problem still nagging at me is the $$ and the impact that will have on our ability to build a quality team around him. This may all seem good right now, but what happens when Tom & Jake T and Gutherson et al hit the big time and we simply cannot come anywhere near what others are offering. That's the moment we will collectively have buyers remorse.

Ralphie that is a valid concern in what you say about retaining our kids. You must also remember that the cap is going to rise again soon and there won't be any further negotiations for DCE so the club should now focus on keeping the rest of our really good kids.

Pretty ugly some of the stuff on hear being said about the Titans. I wouldn't expect my five year old to come up with it. If the positions were reversed and we'd had our recruitment completely screwed do you think these keyboard warriors wouldn't be squealing about it? Show some respect.

I wonder too but sometimes it's a case of fat fingers v's small buttons...other times it's a case of the emoji being directed towards the ummmm *think of words* context of the post and not the poster. (eg. Paul kent went off last night! - may get the poster a dummy spit, but it's directed at p.kent and not the poster)

And sometimes the dog has run off with the family brain cell..so....um yeah. :)

I was disappointed last week, saw the wee spanner there and thought we could rate someone a tool but it turned out to be 'useful'

Ralphie that is a valid concern in what you say about retaining our kids. You must also remember that the cap is going to rise again soon and there won't be any further negotiations for DCE so the club should now focus on keeping the rest of our really good kids.
Yes, but the DCE $$ are indexed, so the Club will continue to be behind the 8 ball.

Look, I get the excitement about DCE, but look at the Manly premiership winning sides. They were champion "Teams" not a teams with one champion disproportionately paid to the rest. I desperately hope I'm off the mark with my concerns, but this approach hasn't worked for Nth Qld so far. They are looking good this year because Thurston's contract wasn't indexed and now the cap has risen they can afford some good players around him. I would have preferred to go for young talent and bolster the pigs for a team that looked more like the 2011 side.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/retention-of-playmaker-vital-move-going-forward/story-fngr8iii-1227381669985

Retention of playmaker vital move going forward

• MANLY DAILY
  • JUNE 03, 2015 5:18PM
Geoff Toovey

IT GOES without saying that Daly Cherry-Evans agreeing to stay with us beyond this year is a monumental coup for the club.

A fortnight ago we had a candid personal chat surrounding his future, but I made sure I didn’t put any pressure on him.

That isn’t my go and he was already getting enough advice from all corners.

“Chez” is smart enough to realise we wanted to keep him long term.

He has been an integral part of our on-field success after making his first grade debut against Melbourne at AAMI Park in our 2011 season opener.

story-fngr8iii-1227381669985

I just stressed it was important he made a decision he could live with.

Sympathy for Titans

Gold Coast have every reason to feel shattered.

They were planning a future with DCE as their halfback, and even last week openly stated they didn’t have a plan B if he backflipped.

I do feel for the Titans and their coach Neil Henry, but in a perfect world we would have also retained Kieran Foran.

Ultimately, Cherry-Evans has a young family who are settled on the northern beaches.

In the end, I think it was a motivating factor which worked in our favour.

Players are rapt

The rest of the playing group were delighted once news broke of Cherry’s decision to stay put.

You always want the best players in key positions, and he certainly fits the bill.

No doubt his good mate Nate Myles will be elated they can now combine at club level come 2016.

Aiming for top eight

SIGNING a lifetime deal is a massive gamble, but when you break it down, so is rugby league.

One minute you can be the competition benchmark, then after a few losses people are calling for your head.

It is beyond fickle, but also the nature of competitive sport.

Our results this season haven’t been what we expected, but we still have time to turn things around.

If we keep performing over 80 minutes and string a few wins together, we will back where we belong – the top eight.

It starts on Friday night against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.
==========================================
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...abbott-celebrate/story-fngr8gwi-1227381553056
Daly Cherry-Evans’ Manly Sea Eagles signing sees fans including Tony Abbott celebrate
  • SARAH SWAIN
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JUNE 03, 2015 4:35PM

551685-33b78478-09a5-11e5-b97e-0e4df11d41b0.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans shares a moment with partner Vessa and daughter Harvie after resigning with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles after doing a backflip on the Gold Coast Titians. Picture: Gregg Porteous

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has joined Manly Sea Eagles fans in celebrations over Dale Cherry-Evans’ announcement he is staying with the club - forever.

Supporters were thrilled when the news broke that Cherry-Evans has made a U-turn over his four-year Gold Coast Titans move, signing a reported $10 million deal with the Sea Eagles to stay until the end of his career.

The star NRL player put his decision down to his family, as well as the security of the big-money deal.

story-fngr8gwi-1227381553056

Wife Vessa is expecting the couple’s third child, and they already have two young daughters, Harvie and Navi.

“As long as I’m playing NRL, I’m playing in Manly,” he said.

Tony Abbott, who is No. 1 season ticket holder at the Brookvale club, said the news was “terrific”.

“I keep hearing how hard everyone at the club is working and with any luck, Daly’s signing will be just what’s needed to turn things around,” he said.

NSW Premier Mike Baird, was also thrilled about the news.

“I don’t think anyone on the beaches could imagine the Sea Eagles without DCE,” he said. “It is such great news and I think it could be the turning point of the season. Here come the maroon and white!”

Other prominent supporters also shared their excitement.

Ken Arthurson, the former payer, coach and administrator known as The Godfather of Manly, said earlier this year the Club should do “whatever it takes” to keep Cherry-Evans.

“I’m delighted with the fact he’s staying, but I’ve always thought he would be crazy to do otherwise,” he said.

“Apart from that, his wife’s parents live on the Northern Beaches so they’ll have a built-in babysitter.”

Ken’s sister, Jean Hay, Mayor of Manly, said she’s be sharing a bottle of Champagne with her brother to celebrate.

“It’s great news and I’m thrilled,” she said.

Former Pittwater Mayor, Harvey Rose, said it was “absolutely great.”

“I’m sure he’s recognised the culture of Manly and the important role he plays in maintaining that culture,” he said.

“With his mate Nate Myles in the team, next year will be great for the Sea Eagles.”

The Eagles’ oldest supporter, Mollie Monk, 100, has seen dozens of players come and go over the years.
“I think it’s wonderful,” she said. “I had a feeling he was going to stay. I’m just sorry it went on for so long. All we have to do now is go on and win some games.”

Mel Gainsford Taylor, Manly Eagles Angel and Manly Daily Tipster echoed the pleasure.

“I think it’s wonderful. It’s been a very tough year let’s just hope this is the turning point for the club.”

Former Sea Eagles star Mark Carroll said he couldn’t believe it had even got to the stage it did. “You can always create a five-eighth but not a halfback … it’s great news they kept him,” he said.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10