• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There has been a bit of noise in recent months about one or some of our players being unhappy about unpaid TPA monies. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

There has been a bit of noise in recent months about one or some of our players being unhappy about unpaid TPA monies. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.
TPAs can not be paid by Clubs and the players all know this.
Myles and Walks were the only current players who had TPA issues.

The article suggests that Manly can't pay, but neither can any other Club under NRL rules :cool:

Last edited:
Lets hope that this is true as it would certainly soilve our salary cap probelms for the next 8 years We overpaid for rubbish

Maybe a deliberate tactic by manly to get rid of him

He should still be playing to the best of his ability not walking around on the field looking like a big sook He has always been money hungry and about himself not the team

Good riddencel
Well I would imagine if true, then we would still be obligated to pay his salary for the next 5 1/2 years.

Not such a great outcome, when he is on $1 million plus per year.

Either way, the outfit appears to be a basket case right now.

Either way, the outfit appears to be a basket case right now.
giphy.gif

TPAs can not be paid by Clubs and the players all know this.
Myles and Walks were the only current players who had TPA issues.

The article suggests that Manly can't pay, but neither can any other Club can under NRL rules :cool:
They are the rules but in the real world HM all the clubs are involved in putting an overall deal together which includes the cap salary and the tpa.

The idea that sponsors line up to sponsor all these players with the club at arms length is absolutely ludicrous and the NRL know it. The Broncos and the Roosters just do it better than most. I know a few guys who have had TPAs and tbey all say the club is right up to their eyeballs in arranging them.
And because that’s how it works that’s why the players get the ****s with the club when it all falls over and not so much the sponsor.Usually the player takes less guaranteed cap money from the club to ge a bigger overall deal via the TPA and hence when it fails the club is to blame in their eyes.

The reason the roosters and broncos aren’t in our mess is the TPAs usually don’t fall over because they are well oiled organised machines with a better class of tpa providers as well. Eg thoroughbreds.

Having sad that this particular story is ridiculous.

They are the rules but in the real world HM all the clubs are involved in putting an overall deal together which includes the cap salary and the tpa.

The idea that sponsors line up to sponsor all these players with the club at arms length is absolutely ludicrous and the NRL know it. The Broncos and the Roosters just do it better than most. I know a few guys who have had TPAs and tbey all say the club is right up to their eyeballs in arranging them.
And because that’s how it works that’s why the players get the ****s with the club when it all falls over and not so much the sponsor.Usually the player takes less guaranteed cap money from the club to ge a bigger overall deal via the TPA and hence when it fails the club is to blame in their eyes.

The reason the roosters and broncos aren’t in our mess is they don’t fall over because they are well oiled organised machines with a better class of tpa provides as well. Eg thoroughbreds.

Having sad that this particular story is ridiculous.
Part of Manly's Cap saga was that the NRL added the 'arms length' TPAs to the Cap expense.

So the player got their TPAs and Manly got a reduced Cap.

When we are playing bad, we get the crazies from inside and outside attacking Manly :confused:

And the main reason is because as an organisation we have had a rabble as a front office for years.

Everyone knows the vast majority of these deals aren’t done at arms length and the clubs are involved up to the hilt. The clubs with the big TPAs just do it better with better sponsors.

Why anyone would be surprised that a club that’s had half a dozen CEOs in recent years , multiple league and football club blow ups,white anted Toovey and extended Barrett for two years would fall foul of TPA rules is beyond me.

Have a look at some of our clubs own dodgy sponsors and part owners over the last few years.Throw in Hayson and his mates lurking around the sheds as well. That tells you we are swimming in the wrong pool.

Do it professionally or don’t do it at all.

Last edited:
Well if my boss hadnt been paying me ,I would be performing far from my best.
Did your boss sign you to an 9 year contract paying hundreds of thousands of dollars a year more than any other employer would pay you?

Last edited:
Cherry needs a couple of weeks off.
Time for a phantom "injury" .
Go and get his sht sorted, and get his head right, whatever he needs to do.

And as an added bonus, TB would have actually made a tough call for a change, in house though, without the public embarrassment for DCE.

And then they could throw assumptions to his personal life from busted going to a strip club. This is a whole wrong mess in his head to be playing so badly since then.

the way he is playing. it would surprise me if DCE was being paid by other clubs to throw games, given TPA issues which may affect his bottom line. and we all know that DCE is all about the bottom line. dont forget the $$ backlfip ..

Cherry needs a couple of weeks off.
Time for a phantom "injury" .
Go and get his sht sorted, and get his head right, whatever he needs to do.

And as an added bonus, TB would have actually made a tough call for a change, in house though, without the public embarrassment for DCE.
No hooker and no half Might as well just forfeit

the way he is playing. it would surprise me if DCE was being paid by other clubs to throw games, given TPA issues which may affect his bottom line. and we all know that DCE is all about the bottom line. dont forget the $$ backlfip ..

Oh crap, I was under the impression he loves us and it was always his dream to play for Manly.
DDC15B45-4107-44E1-BD18-9850DB7DAC8A.jpeg

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10