• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I have ridden every wave with Cherry. I was stoked when he back flipped and have truly supported him through thick and thin.
But have I missed something?
If Cherry is the polarising one (which really hurts) then maybe it’s time to trade him. I have loved watching him play for this club, he had the world at his feet, but now he is on the nose with everyone. The media, QLD and it seems his team mates.
Am I wrong? I hope somebody can show me the way to ripen my cherry
Trade him? Given the money he's on and his performances this year, who'd take him? For better or worse (and right now, it's definitely worse), we're stuck with him.

The telecrap have joined in the DCE bagging of course including stating things that are completely untrue. A story headlines DCE accused of 'failing to deliver' after being out-shined by a Manly reject.
Green played better than DCE today but he's not a Manly reject. He agitated until Manly released him against their will.
Idiot journo.

The telecrap have joined in the DCE bagging of course including stating things that are completely untrue. A story headlines DCE accused of 'failing to deliver' after being out-shined by a Manly reject.
Green played better than DCE today but he's not a Manly reject. He agitated until Manly released him against their will.
Idiot journo.

You forget their motto @niccipops ... never let the truth get in the way of a good story or Manly bashing.

Our forwards were pitiful, and the halfback struggled, hardly something new that hasn't been seen before

Ben Hunt is being called the form halfback of the comp running behind a rampant Dragons pack, last year behind a stuttering Broncos pack he found himself in reserve grade

Tonight was a good example of it, we had no platform at all up front, and by the time the ball was getting to him the defence was on him, and we had very little in the way of runners to offer him any options either, hence why he ends up having to step back in so often and skip across field looking for something that isn't there and dies with the ball, when someone actually ran a line off him he found Kelly with an offload to score a try

At the end of the day, it is not players with the attitude of DCE who are to blame. Not wishing to single out individual players, but in the case of Dylan Walker you can make an exception. This is a guy with unlimited ability, but last year we had to sit out a period of time for him breaking his hand on his front door, and this year we have to had him sitting out time for goading an opponent when we were well in front anyway. You sign guys like this to make a positive difference for the full season. As brilliant as he is, I don't think DW has delivered this yet during his time at the club.

We weren't prepared to offer green what he wanted, so I'd say that's a rejection.
From SMH
Manly have a significant issue brewing in their ranks with five-eighth Blake Green, who is due back at training tomorrow. And it all stems from the way his agent Isaac Moses has been dealing with the club.

To say Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett and the Manly management are unhappy with Moses' antics is an understatement. It's similar to the situation with Mitchell Moses when he was at the Tigers and the manager wanted to shift him to Parramatta.

Green wanted out for more money.

Our forwards were pitiful, and the halfback struggled, hardly something new that hasn't been seen before

Ben Hunt is being called the form halfback of the comp running behind a rampant Dragons pack, last year behind a stuttering Broncos pack he found himself in reserve grade

Tonight was a good example of it, we had no platform at all up front, and by the time the ball was getting to him the defence was on him, and we had very little in the way of runners to offer him any options either, hence why he ends up having to step back in so often and skip across field looking for something that isn't there and dies with the ball, when someone actually ran a line off him he found Kelly with an offload to score a try
What about his kicking game? It was the very worst fifth tackle kicking performance I can remember. I’ve tried to recall a past performance to trump it, but have been unable to do so. The commentators on Fox were laughing..: literally pissing themselves at times about his difth tackle choices. Are the forwards to blame for that as well? Go and watch how Kalyn Ponga kicked the ball tonight... and how his side were able to apply pressure to a powerful Roosters side. Or watch Reynolds, Johnson, Green, Milford, Austin, Taylor Maloney, Brooks, Cronk, Cleary, Hunt... fark even Norman showed him how it’s done, despite kicking out on the full a couple of times. He’s had close to a decade to learn how to put up a high ball that floats or spirals, but all he does is hand the ball back with his lollipop kicks. He’s on MASSIVE dollars... and has been well and truly left behind when it comes to his kicking game.

Sorry, but I disagree re the forward platform. Yes, more often than not, a team performs better when a good forward platform is laid. It provides more opportunities. Now, go back and look at some of those woeful (or, let's say, "ordinary") DCE performances of recent and look at the forward performance in those games. You might be surprised to see our forwards at least held their own, and even dominated while DCE ran around like a clueless chook.

On Green: I wonder if any of our players felt not inclined to shake his hand at the end?

After his antics late last year, I would have brushed him.

Dce is a huge huge fuc$Ing pretender . Iv bagged him consistently in this thread for over 2 years, as others have. And rightly so, guy is a cancer.

If he kicks like sh!t and passes like sh!t and can’t organise for sh!t, then guess what? He is sh!t...

Who really cares, DCE played like ****. Maybe Green seen the writing on the wall and bailed
If you get out when the going gets tough, is that the type of player we want at the club?
The way I see it, there was talk of signing Pearce or Moylan before the cap drama unveiled . The warriors had made a more financial and longer term contract to Green. He was under contract for 2018 and Manly were not prepared to release him unless they had secured another half. Green and his manager dug their heals in. There was talk of him refusing to train with the team.
I can't blame Green for looking after his future but a contract should be honoured. He and his manager saw that the position became untenable. Now we have no Green, no Pearce, no Moylan.
We're up that well known creek without a paddle.
As for DCE, if you gave him a run with the panthers or dragons at the moment I'm pretty sure he'd be killing it.

At the end of the day, it is not players with the attitude of DCE who are to blame. Not wishing to single out individual players, but in the case of Dylan Walker you can make an exception. This is a guy with unlimited ability, but last year we had to sit out a period of time for him breaking his hand on his front door, and this year we have to had him sitting out time for goading an opponent when we were well in front anyway. You sign guys like this to make a positive difference for the full season. As brilliant as he is, I don't think DW has delivered this yet during his time at the club.
Broke his hand and some indifferent form in 2016 . Last year one of the best rated centres in the comp .This season in a few matches, one of the main catalysts for some of our best performances. Needs to curb and better control the niggle but a classy and attacking ace at his best , and hopefully for quite a lot more future times in Manly colours .

If you get out when the going gets tough, is that the type of player we want at the club?
The way I see it, there was talk of signing Pearce or Moylan before the cap drama unveiled . The warriors had made a more financial and longer term contract to Green. He was under contract for 2018 and Manly were not prepared to release him unless they had secured another half. Green and his manager dug their heals in. There was talk of him refusing to train with the team.
I can't blame Green for looking after his future but a contract should be honoured. He and his manager saw that the position became untenable. Now we have no Green, no Pearce, no Moylan.
We're up that well known creek without a paddle.
As for DCE, if you gave him a run with the panthers or dragons at the moment I'm pretty sure he'd be killing it.
Yep, as he is a top shelf flat track bully. Brilliant, when everything is going his way, and others are there to cover up his now glaring deficiencies. However, when the pressure is on, his weaknesses are exposed. He has yet to show an ability to lead his team under adversity on any thing close to a consistent basis. For your top money-earner, supposed champion half, captain, and experienced senior player, that falls way short of what I think is fair to expect. We can only hope he grows and develops in the areas of weakness (have to say a very slim chance) or we are able to surround him with the type of players that paper up the cracks and allow us to exploit the areas of DCE's game that are his strengths.

Yep, as he is a top shelf flat track bully. Brilliant, when everything is going his way, and others are there to cover up his now glaring deficiencies. However, when the pressure is on, his weaknesses are exposed. He has yet to show an ability to lead his team under adversity on any thing close to a consistent basis. For your top money-earner, supposed champion half, captain, and experienced senior player, that falls way short of what I think is fair to expect. We can only hope he grows and develops in the areas of weakness (have to say a very slim chance) or we are able to surround him with the type of players that paper up the cracks and allow us to exploit the areas of DCE's game that are his strengths.
DCE's flaws should of been addressed starting way back during the Hasler era but due to the variety of attacking ball playing options DCE was allowed to get too comfortable receiving the ball from second man plays on the right.

I mentioned this all the time back when Manly were always near the top of the table and kept receiving complaints over being "negative all the time" or "have an agenda against DCE".

As a coach i would still have DCE in my squad though--- back all those years.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10