• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There’s already enough posts digging the boot into DCE so I’m wary of commenting for the sake of beating up on our captain some more…but…

The pass to Kelly that was the turning point yesterday is indicative of our entire philosophy as a football side…chasing cheap points.

It was 12 all and we’d just busted our arses to defend with 12 men and somehow have minimal damage. If ever there was a time to play percentages, it was then.

We didn’t need cheap points at that stage of the game. We needed to to kick to a corner, contest the ball and dig in with our defence.

This is Daly’s Achilles Heel. He needs to manage moments and he doesn’t.

I thought the turning point was the early tackle 40/20 attempt that the Titans fullback caught on the full on the 30m line.

We had been going set for set for an extended period, and DCE blinked first for whatever reason.

Next thing you know, Walkers in the bin, and the rest is history.

As you say, DCE does love the cheap play, and this is not the first time an early tackle kick has swung momentum away from us.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I thought the turning point was the early tackle 40/20 attempt that the Titans fullback caught on the full on the 30m line.

We had been going set for set for an extended period, and DCE blinked first for whatever reason.

As you say, DCE does love the cheap play, and this is not the first time an early tackle kick has swung momentum away from us.
Fair point when you consider that we fatigued pretty badly later in the match. A sin bin can cost you well after the player returns to the field.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
DCE's early tackle kicks could work amazingly in our favour if we had a fast disciplined kick chase game. It would fit in perfectly with a team like the Panthers. Unfortunately, we don't. In addition, it seems to me many of his own team mates don't usually know the kick is coming and get caught on the back foot, leading to a staggered line. The return runner makes easy yardage and puts the opposition on the attack. Advantage conceded.

manly al

First Grader
DCE's early tackle kicks could work amazingly in our favour if we had a fast disciplined kick chase game. It would fit in perfectly with a team like the Panthers. Unfortunately, we don't. In addition, it seems to me many of his own team mates don't usually know the kick is coming and get caught on the back foot, leading to a staggered line. The return runner makes easy yardage and puts the opposition on the attack. Advantage conceded.
Can 't recall who led the chase , should have been or should be D C E in all instances whether some of his side are prepared or not , He has the pace and usually stamina to make the ground up to limit a full back "s return kick meterage if not tackle him with the some result . Pretty slack if he does not lead the chase and with a very possible low percentage play though Manly wingers currently do not lack pace

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Can 't recall who led the chase , should have been or should be D C E in all instances whether some of his side are prepared or not , He has the pace and usually stamina to make the ground up to limit a full back "s return kick meterage if not tackle him with the some result . Pretty slack if he does not lead the chase and with a very possible low percentage play though Manly wingers currently do not lack pace
You would think with superboot in the middle, speed like the wind on the edges.if we had a concerted kick chase game it would greatly assist our plodding forwards and allow them to focus more energy on being monster maulers

I think the reason we don't employ a good kick chase game, is the need for the kicker to be greedy and steal every metre, keep the chasers onside as much as possible and genuinely keep the team moving forward on the back of the kickers intent.

this is is a big no no in the dce toolkit.

we often forfeit far too much ground on the kick positioning , momentum , taking the easy safer option well behind the contest on the skinny side reducing the kick angle. I get it needs to be used at times but it is manlys staple and just lacks, well, everything

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Am i the only one that has noticed the Dip in Daly's form since the press confrence over the 7 players.

The owner and the stand in CEO should hang their heads in shame throwing des and daly in to that ****storm.

Poor bloke was having a great year form wise but on Sunday everything he touched turned to turd and you could see the frustration and anger on his face.

Unlike a lot of people on here I don't play the salary jealousy game with him, he's a loyal manly man and will go down as one of our better players.

joeboy

Bencher
Am i the only one that has noticed the Dip in Daly's form since the press confrence over the 7 players.

The owner and the stand in CEO should hang their heads in shame throwing des and daly in to that ****storm.

Poor bloke was having a great year form wise but on Sunday everything he touched turned to turd and you could see the frustration and anger on his face.

Unlike a lot of people on here I don't play the salary jealousy game with him, he's a loyal manly man and will go down as one of our better players.

I agree with the point about the ceo but could not more heartily disagree with everything else. The rocks and diamonds nature of his game is diametrically opposed to form. He is selfish, inconsistent, frantic and not a leader.

When he gets it right he is great to watch. But he would rather look flashy getting it wrong than look steady getting it right.

He has made far more average/poor plays this year than good ones. The press conference is not some like in the sand. He has been poor most of the year and plateaued way to early as a player (2013 or so)

He has n ver obviously worked on the glaring weaknesses in his game and the club will not ride till we are free of his salary and free of his play

I’m not jealous of his wage, he played the club like everyone else seems too.. good luck to him on that front

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar

Cowboys game anyone! Keep blaming the magnificent 7. You and a few others are OBSESSED!

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
DCE is like Scomo, he has all the plays and power but no one else knows what's going on!

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Cowboys game anyone! Keep blaming the magnificent 7. You and a few others are OBSESSED!
They are self-centred selectively outraged muppets that cannot support inclusiveness because of their strongly held religious beliefs but are all-in for gang-banging and stabbing blokes in the back...
They have let everyone down - the club, the supporters and their 'faith'... f*ck em off and get blokes that want to play footy...

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tom is the only option for Captain, he is the only player others look up to and think "far k he is way better than me in almost every department i don't want to mess up in his eyes", the other player is Foran but he is leaving.

With DCE and Jake you can see the players don't really rate their performances all that highly and most probably feel on par or better than what they offer, rightly or wrongly.

Makes sense.

StuBoot

Bencher

I was thinking along the same lines @Cameron.
Have we thought that maybe he's mentally fatigued and it's caught up with him somewhat.

He was sixth in the Dally M's up til Rd 12 (we were 10th) so must've been going alright in a team that had only won half their games.
He was 4th last year when Turbo was shooting the lights out.
A tough SOO series as captain and isn't he the President of the RLPA too?

The rainbow jersey drama would've been the icing on the cake.
He looked tired and frustrated at the press conference with Des.

We're a pretty young squad (games wise) so rightly or wrongly he's the one to try to make things happen and the other day it was a case of the harder he tried, the worse he got. ( We've all been there )

It's ironic that Michael Hooper comes home from the Wallabies tour citing he's not in the right headspace to play and everyone understands...

I think DCE is looking forward to the end of the year to recharge mentally, who would blame him?

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
I was thinking along the same lines @Cameron.
Have we thought that maybe he's mentally fatigued and it's caught up with him somewhat.

He was sixth in the Dally M's up til Rd 12 (we were 10th) so must've been going alright in a team that had only won half their games.
He was 4th last year when Turbo was shooting the lights out.
A tough SOO series as captain and isn't he the President of the RLPA too?

The rainbow jersey drama would've been the icing on the cake.
He looked tired and frustrated at the press conference with Des.

We're a pretty young squad (games wise) so rightly or wrongly he's the one to try to make things happen and the other day it was a case of the harder he tried, the worse he got. ( We've all been there )

It's ironic that Michael Hooper comes home from the Wallabies tour citing he's not in the right headspace to play and everyone understands...

I think DCE is looking forward to the end of the year to recharge mentally, who would blame him?
Disagree. The only thing that is fatiguing and weighing down Dce is his pay packet.

Eagle 1

First Grader

Summed Cheery up well, yeah, the 3rd tackle 40/20 was stupid. And the short drop out witch drew a penalty with about 5min to go till half time was equally ridiculous. Went from 12 all to 20-12 in the space of 10min, all of DCE's doing. And thought if we start badly in the 2nd half it's all over with Titans already up 8pts, and we duly dropped our bundle after HT..game over.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12